Aug 30, 2017, 04:59 AM
Ok, now I am really sure that the stock ESC of the Scott Free is not programmable. So I have to leave the settings as it is.

But I have two other questions.
Makes it sense to move the battery holder one or two possitions to the back?
Then it should be easier to change the batteries. Or is it not an good idea because of the balance point?

Second thing is, I didn't see water coming out the side, and the cooling tubes weren't full of water any of the time. The ESC gets very hot. I think this is not a normal behavior. I can blow water back through the tubes from my mouth, so I don't think there's blockage.
Do you have the same problem and how can I fix this?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 30, 2017, 12:06 PM
Totally!!
I have both of these boats. And yes moving it back would help when it comes to putting that batts in and out. But it will through the c.g. off a bit. On the relentless it caused the boat to balloon into the air easier when air got under the hull.. i have not tried it with the scott free.

One good side effect may be it should get the prop to stay a tiny bit deeper cause less cavitation. It may be a winning mod for the scottfree.

And no i have had no issues with my cooling. Make sure your pickup is deep enough and facing foward.
Aug 30, 2017, 02:34 PM
Ok, thanks for you answer. I will try it and move the battery holder one possition to the back.

Do you have a constant trickle which comes out of the outlet? Or how it should look if its working correctly? And are your tubes full of water?
Aug 30, 2017, 06:58 PM
Totally!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurricanIII
Ok, thanks for you answer. I will try it and move the battery holder one possition to the back.

Do you have a constant trickle which comes out of the outlet? Or how it should look if its working correctly? And are your tubes full of water?
It flows out when i get on plane. And there is water left in the tubes when i pull it out of the water.

Quick Reply