Mar 08, 2016, 08:42 AM
Miss Geico 17 and RelentlessV2

Relentless V2 Cavitation

Having cavitation problems with my RV2 the same as 250Flyer.
Is usually a fight to get up on plane, ranging from reasonably easy, some difficulty, to not at all in an entire battery (prop fully up).
Tried batteries back one position still fought planing and when it did seemed very unstable (bow light/bouncing) on good water. Tried prop adjust both full up/down without any decent results.
Prop and battery positions have been roughly returned to out of box (OOB) positions as per photos attached. Will place in pool to compare my draft with Matt Gunn's review photos to roughly check COG etc.
If anyone could post pics of their successful running config, it would be greatly appreciated as I am not happy to waste any battery making heaps of noise, going nowhere slowly.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2016, 09:22 AM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
Try sharpening the prop. Its very dull and that leads to increased cavitation.
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Mar 09, 2016, 01:25 AM
Miss Geico 17 and RelentlessV2

RV2 Cavitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
Try sharpening the prop. Its very dull and that leads to increased cavitation.
Thanks Matt. This seems to be the most popular solution every where I have looked. Ironically, my mate told me to do this months ago!
Mar 11, 2016, 06:56 AM
r46
r46
huggin dat apex!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickmon
Having cavitation problems with my RV2 the same as 250Flyer.
Is usually a fight to get up on plane, ranging from reasonably easy, some difficulty, to not at all in an entire battery (prop fully up).
Tried batteries back one position still fought planing and when it did seemed very unstable (bow light/bouncing) on good water. Tried prop adjust both full up/down without any decent results.
Prop and battery positions have been roughly returned to out of box (OOB) positions as per photos attached. Will place in pool to compare my draft with Matt Gunn's review photos to roughly check COG etc.
If anyone could post pics of their successful running config, it would be greatly appreciated as I am not happy to waste any battery making heaps of noise, going nowhere slowly.
Sounds the same as what my scott had been doing, I had to remount batt trays to rear position, esc in centre an servo relocated to rear. Did 5 packs issue free then must of hit something in water as 2 blades now have ding to lip an not going anywhere now
Got a octura prop yesterday but forget my shaft was 5mm not 4mm
Mar 17, 2016, 08:12 PM
Hi guys my brushless motor no longer works and they don't have them in stock,is there another motor can use/mount straight into my Relentless? many thanks
Mar 22, 2016, 12:25 PM
r46
r46
huggin dat apex!
Dropped my 120a in an loving it the weight has balanced the hopping, now looking to up volts an motor (will have to remove motor mount an see if 36mm can holes marry up)
Apr 24, 2016, 08:51 PM
This is my first run with v2 relentless... and I sharpened the prop and balanced smooth as silk... I've run real fancy boats for years... mhz 114's even lol... but this is a fun boat for the money handles excellent

Hobbyking Relentless V2 4s 2200mah 65-130 a spec turnigy lipo (2 min 28 sec)
May 30, 2016, 10:52 PM
I Like Coffee ^_^
Hello guys,

I want to know what is the max capacity of 2s you can put in both boats? I know I can't use 3s with both of them. Is 4000 mah the maximum? I am thinking of getting a 5000 mah but scared it won't fit the battery tray/hull.
Jun 26, 2016, 04:50 PM

5000's fit just fine...

I run Nano-Tech 5000's in my Relentless v2 and they fit just fine. As others have commented, i have the same cavitation issues, so I'll try sharpening the prop.

It's a fun boat regardless!
Jul 31, 2016, 03:15 PM
Hi, just in from my maiden voyage.

I got the scott free one, it was very fast once it got up on a plane but after a very short time it just ran at half power.

We waited a while and tried dropping to 3s but it still very very slow.

Any ideas what I should do? sharpen prop may help or replace?

Also anyone know how to setup the ESC or have a manual for it?

Many many Thanks in Advance guys!
Jul 31, 2016, 03:52 PM
Get new batteries lol... The ESC was probably seeing lvc as boats draw slot of power and under load of they drop below 3.3v they will drop right to 1/2 power
Aug 01, 2016, 11:31 AM
I found the setup for the ESC and changed the cut off to a lower voltage, all my batteries are brand new
Aug 01, 2016, 11:49 AM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommiVercetti
I found the setup for the ESC and changed the cut off to a lower voltage, all my batteries are brand new
What's the C rating on your packs? Even if they are brand new, 20 C packs will easily sag under the high amp load.
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Aug 02, 2016, 02:07 AM

can you share me the ESC manual?

Quote:
My esc is in mess , want to escape.
Aug 02, 2016, 02:28 PM
Boat Newb
Quote:
Where did u find instructions for the esc? The only one I could find was for the previous generation turnigy marine esc's

Quick Reply