Feb 05, 2016, 11:16 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250Flyer
Just bought the Relentless v2.

Will post some pics up when it arrives.
You're going to really like this boat. It handles so well.
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2016, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
You're going to really like this boat. It handles so well.
Well... it didn't go too well.

First run I struggled to get it up on the plane... it was almost like the prop was spinning the wrong way (very slow and boat was at full throttle/ high RPM'S) hardly moving.

It finally got up on the plane and shot across the water VERY fast!!

As the boat came back to me I steered too sharp and flipped it over (it took 20 mins to get it back with a stick, etc etc).

I bought the boat back home, took out the flex shaft used DYNAMITE marine grease and put everything back together ready for it's next run.

I took it out for it's second run on the weekend 30 seconds in and it all went wrong... the flex shaft, including the prop and bearings sank to the bottom of the water

No idea what went wrong. SOMEHOW I don't think I tightened the flex shaft coupler nut down enough and lost EVERYTHING on it's second run!

I have tried searching for parts on hobbyking, they only stock the prop and flex shafts in HK warehouse (which was my only choice)

As for the rudder support and bearings, I think I found the full set that looks to be the same used on the relentless v2: "Z-JS-83010 Joysway 83 Series - Shaft Support Set" this was purchased from a UK site.

I have ordered the parts from 2 different sites, which haven't shipped yet.

Anyway.... I'm thinking on buying the Scott Free from Hobbyking, which uses the same electronics. The only thing that worries me is the electronics tray is glued down instead of screwed...

Do you think this will be a problem? will water weaken the glue etc? I don't want to spend out if the boat is not reliable, I can't seem to find a decent review on either boat yet.

Sorry it goes on.
Feb 15, 2016, 06:25 PM
Just looked on the site where I purchased the Z-JS-83010 Joysway 83 Series - Shaft Support Set -

At the time the item did not say it was out of stock which is why I ordered the part....

now I have just looked on the site and it says out of stock.

I think I'm out of luck on this one..

I wouldn't recommend anyone wasting their money on these hobbyking boats, you just can't find replacement parts.

I think I'll keep my money rather than buying the scott free now..
Feb 15, 2016, 10:46 PM
That does suck man. Have you considered a Barbwire xl? It's supposed to be a very good boat. I have the 17" and love it.
Feb 18, 2016, 10:58 AM
r46
r46
huggin dat apex!
I recently got a Scott free an my buddy got joysway bullet v2
We're both suffering exact same issue not getting onto plane, revs but no go, Intial launch jumps like its going to be a bat out of hell but it's no faster than a tug boat
I just realised my prop mount sits higher than actual mount for the rudder (it's adjustable so lowered it yet to see if improves it)
They both run a 3 blade prop would that be another factor?
Feb 18, 2016, 11:02 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by r46
I recently got a Scott free an my buddy got joysway bullet v2
We're both suffering exact same issue not getting onto plane, revs but no go, Intial launch jumps like its going to be a bat out of hell but it's no faster than a tug boat
I just realised my prop mount sits higher than actual mount for the rudder (it's adjustable so lowered it yet to see if improves it)
They both run a 3 blade prop would that be another factor?
Its called cavitation, and it's the prop. once it gets on a plane, it goes fine. But as soon as you come off plane, it will cavitate and finally bite. Try sharpening the prop. That will reduce and/or eliminate the cavitation.
Feb 18, 2016, 11:05 AM
r46
r46
huggin dat apex!
Thanks matt
Has never bitten lol, I'll do a search on prop sharpening
Last edited by r46; Feb 18, 2016 at 11:12 AM.
Feb 18, 2016, 11:12 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by r46
Thanks matt
Has never bitten lol, I'll do a search on prop sharpening
Here ya go. I did one

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2202755
Feb 24, 2016, 02:46 PM
r46
r46
huggin dat apex!
What I done was alter weight/set up of scott:
relocated battery trays to rear of hull instead of up front
Water outlet nipple removed an silicone pipe directly out hull
Relocated servo to rear an rx on top
Shaved off servo tabs so could gain mounting position for esc in centre

Now we're cutting
Last edited by r46; Feb 25, 2016 at 03:25 AM.
Feb 24, 2016, 05:22 PM
Ok guys..

UPDATE:

Hobbyking told me to return the boat, they have since replaced it with a brand new one.

I must say they have been great, they sent my replacement the same day I returned the boat.

Not much more to say... I have not tried the boat yet but all seems great.
Feb 24, 2016, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r46
What I done was alter weight/set up of scott:
relocated battery trays to rear of hull instead of up front
Water outlet nipple removed an silicone pipe dicectly out hull
Relocated servo to rear an rx on top
Shaved off servo tabs so could gain mounting position for esc in centre

Now we're cutting
What size silicone tube is that?

It looks nice.. I have ordered some bright blue braiding to cover the clear hoses on my relentless v2.
Feb 24, 2016, 05:46 PM
I have also ordered another 2 boats since, ft012 for a bit of fun... I have run the ft012 twice so far just at my local canal close by, the first time went good... The second time it somehow got stuck on a plastic shopping bag - good and "proper". Good job my brother bought an ft012 at the same time as me. I managed to get them caught tangled up together but throttle still woked to sail them to the side of the water.

Not the best time to be boating at this time of year here in the UK, it's winter , cold and overcast!

But still, I just had to risk it!

I also bought the DTRC mini little pepper from gearbest which should arrive later this week.

It looks cool and has a lot of alloy parts, rudder etc.. Plus it was only 58 without shipping.

I ordered a spare ESC, prop and servo, which wasn't in stock...

I must change the grub screw type flex collet for something that supports the flex a little better for longer life.

I wish they would stop using these grub screw type, it ruins the flex cables very fast.

Pics will follow as soon as it arrives..
Feb 25, 2016, 01:57 AM
r46
r46
huggin dat apex!
Quote:
What size silicone tube is that?

It looks nice.. I have ordered some bright blue braiding to cover the clear hoses on my relentless v2.
Thanks
Like relentless but got my eyes on their c1 an super surge.

Tubing size
3/32 (2.3mm) Internal
7/32 (5.5mm) Od
Last edited by r46; Feb 25, 2016 at 06:01 AM.
Feb 25, 2016, 08:38 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Ok guys..

UPDATE:

Hobbyking told me to return the boat, they have since replaced it with a brand new one.

I must say they have been great, they sent my replacement the same day I returned the boat.

Not much more to say... I have not tried the boat yet but all seems great.

Just keep that collet tight this time!
Feb 25, 2016, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
Just keep that collet tight this time!
Yessir.

Thanks a lot for responding!

Quick Reply