Dec 08, 2015, 01:50 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

How can I build a micro HD, wide angle, SD-card action cam?

Hi guys. I have an idea for some clever action cam mounts, but things like gopros are too bulky. A lot of cameras you guys, or the cell phone industry, use are very compact in comparison.

Will you point me to some resources on how to rig up an ultralight micro action cam?

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2015, 05:07 PM
Can you fly bobby?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carve
Hi guys. I have an idea for some clever action cam mounts, but things like gopros are too bulky. A lot of cameras you guys, or the cell phone industry, use are very compact in comparison.

Will you point me to some resources on how to rig up an ultralight micro action cam?

Thanks
Out of interest how small are you talking?

Smaller than a mobius?
Dec 09, 2015, 09:36 AM
I always thought the way Rcgroups user Ican3d does his 808 #16 hd keycam was pretty cool

I have a #16 keycam, it's not as "HD" as Mobius but a pretty good FPV camera for flying around. It has a little bit of latency but not as bad as Mobius. It's somewhat cheap too so good for a FPV noob who will inevitably destroy a camera or two. Mine weighs about 17 grams.

The nice thing about going lightweight is you don't have to mess with straps, anchor points, re-enforcement, you can just put a piece of sticky Velcro to the bottom of a HD keycam and that's all that is needed to hold the camera in place.
SELFIE camera test - FPV Drifter Ultralight (3 min 13 sec)
Last edited by parajared; Dec 09, 2015 at 09:47 AM.

Quick Reply