Dec 08, 2015, 04:12 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Newbie - Which Video Editor and which site to display / share videos

Just ordered at Gitup Git2 and it will be first camera. I have a windows laptop which is a few years old now and looking for a video editor. Guess I just want to download recording, shorten them, add them together and add music, nothing much else really. Just wondered what free or minimal cost video editors there are for Windows.
Also I am very new to all this and here all about 1080, 780 etc. I was just aiming to recored videos on the default settings and then loading then onto vimeo or youtube to share. Whish is the best site to share with people and should I alter the default settings. Apologies for the very basic questions.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2015, 06:38 AM
Fear only fear in life
The most common setting used is 1080p @30 or preferable 60FPS. Windows movie maker will do it all but you can edit in YT as well
Dec 08, 2015, 07:19 AM
Also taking my first baby steps in video-editing and as already mentioned: Windows Movie Maker is pretty simple to start with, giving you options for transitions between footage and titles and such ... and it's free, so what's to complain
Dec 08, 2015, 09:30 AM
Rapidly aging user
I also use Win. Movie Maker but if you just want to trim videos, add music, & upload you might also consider Freemake Video Converter. It loads and saves/converts files much faster than WMM.
Sometimes, if I have a large file and I only want to use a short section of it, I'll trim it in Freemake then work with the saved short version in WMM.
http://www.freemake.com/

Quick Reply