Jan 03, 2016, 02:03 PM
Yorgos Stratakis
Thread OP
How about these or these?

to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2016, 09:39 PM
Well, doesnīt look bad, but i donīt trust the C rating...

You can trust this one :

http://www.hoelleinshop.com/e-vendo....V%2C+45C%2F90C
Jan 04, 2016, 01:12 PM
I have both. The nano 1000 is stronger than the TP850.
Jan 04, 2016, 05:26 PM
Yorgos Stratakis
Thread OP
I think I'll go for the nanos, at least I'll try them and see from there.

Wing is ready and I came across with another issue. I think the aileron's control horns available with the kit might be a bit too long. I think I could connect the clevis on a smaller arm, but I have to cut too deep on the upper side of the wing to achieve a clear movement. At he length the servo arms are now, they 're grinding against the servo cover. Just a little bit, but enough to make me wanna change it.

If I find some smaller ones at the only shop here I could imagine might have these kind of gizmos, I'm changing them. If not I may have to cut them and drill them myself, with the risk of an uneven job.

Last edited by Stratigio; Jan 04, 2016 at 05:38 PM.
Jan 06, 2016, 01:49 AM
Yorgos Stratakis
Thread OP
It would be a surprise to find the needed horns in a Greek store. Mission failed so I proceeded on fixing them myself. The job was more accurate than expected and the result was exactly what I was aiming for.

Jan 09, 2016, 05:42 PM
Yorgos Stratakis
Thread OP
I'm almost there. Finished with the most of the work inside the fuselage and actually balancing is only left.

As mentioned before, the Shadow was intended to be the alternate for rougher conditions, since my Vulture (with no room for ballast) is still the light one (~1400grams) for calmer days. Didn't expect this much weight loss in the new edition, but still ballasted it can get over 2Kgs.

Locally we usually fly an ALES edition in competitions (pure F5J has lately made it here) and during launching, especially in windier days (ballasted) I prefer to fly the furthest away (and into the wind) possible. So I thought I'd need the most Wattage, from the lightest motor I could get my hands on. The Yuki Tsunami (1000+Watts) I had available for this build was disqualified because of weight and my next choice was a Hyperion 2221 I had as a spare.

On a Hyperion G3 3S 1100mAh 45-90C battery , Waypoint 55A ESC and a 12X11 Aeronaut CAM, I got more than 600Watts for more than 10secs and then droppen to about 500. I think that would be enough for the purpose.

Another strike I got came from the ESC. As soon as I placed it under the servo-plate, started playing tricks. Something with the capacitors must be causing this, because as soon as I moved them, everything worked. Insulated them with hot glue and everything is in order now, but I cannot trust my brand new toy on a deflected product. Luckily happened on the ground and not much harm.,

The room for the ESC was calculated based on the narrow and thin Waypoint and the choices I have for an alternative narrow down to only a few trustworthy. Lots of guys here (as also Kevin kindly mentioned) trust their gliders on HK's blueline, which seems to fit in the room I got. Two of them are on their way and that would conclude the build.

Two days ago, I found out that NAN has launched a brand new site. Closer to our era, very nice aesthetically as also with more details on the models available from the company.

Last edited by Stratigio; Jan 09, 2016 at 06:14 PM.
Jan 09, 2016, 06:00 PM
Yorgos Stratakis
Thread OP

Last edited by Stratigio; Jan 10, 2016 at 03:39 AM.
Jan 09, 2016, 07:29 PM
500W is probably a more reasonable maximum power from 1000ish sized batteries. I also would assume the Hyperion is more powerful those nano. But like I said before I like that 1000mah 45C nano, great value. TP850 is very close but better served for either a contest or practice.
Jan 10, 2016, 05:11 AM
Yorgos Stratakis
Thread OP
I've posted the Amps pictr and not the Wattage by mistake, in my previous post.

Fixed it, sorry.

Jan 12, 2016, 10:20 AM
I was interested in these.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ack_LiHV_.html

I met get a couple, I'll let you know how they compare.
Jan 12, 2016, 11:02 AM
Yorgos Stratakis
Thread OP
Didn't have the time yet to try the nanos.

ESC still missing. I'll be posting results, too.

Jan 23, 2016, 08:58 AM
Cumulus Altimus
How about a 2216-2920 on micro 5.1 for 450W 14.5x14, only 89g.
Ben
Jan 24, 2016, 06:43 AM
Yorgos Stratakis
Thread OP
That's a discovery I should have made several weeks ago, when aircraft-world was killing them for ~$10 !!

I think I'll stick to the 2221, since I don't have to wait anymore for another order from abroad.

The 60A BlueSeries didn't deliver since its 30mm of width does not fit at the available space, so I've ordered a Robbe's Roxxy 60-70A from Reisenauer (25mm width should do). I'm expecting the goods to arrive by this week, so maiden is not too far. Wish I had in mind that the 2216-2920 was available on their stock, I'd have that added too.

Still with that ~50grams of ESC I'm expecting , the plane seems to balance on point with a little modification on battery's installation (coming soon with picts).

Last edited by Stratigio; Jan 24, 2016 at 10:50 AM.
Jan 24, 2016, 09:03 PM
Cumulus Altimus
Yep got mine from aircraft world for $11 and had the micro 5.1 at home so I slapped it on this is going in my K3600.also have the same motor with 3.3.1 Maxon about 104g.
Ben
Last edited by FASTBEN; Feb 08, 2016 at 10:13 PM.
Feb 07, 2016, 01:35 PM
Yorgos Stratakis
Thread OP
The Robbe Roxxy worked fine. Fitted under the plate like it was built on it. So balancing was the next thing (and last) to do before its first.

I made a strip (actually three of them, one for each battery I'm using) out of some uni-carbon on which I fixed the battery with some tape. With about 20cm of battery cable extension I was able to place the battery under the wing, balancing without any additional weight on the rear.

AUW @ 1680grams. Only the Altis has to be added after the initial flights.

Last edited by Stratigio; Feb 07, 2016 at 04:00 PM.

Quick Reply