Dec 05, 2015, 05:08 PM
Team Twisted!
Thread OP
New Product

ClearView FPV Receiver from Iftron

New FPV Video RX from IFTRON
- ClearView -

FPV Racers… One of the projects I have spent some time on this fall is a means to FPV Race Indoors. Concrete Warehouses and Metal buildings are the two obvious choices. Availability of metal buildings seems to be a little easier to come by (at least in the Colorado Area), but there are lots of issues with multi-pathing which results in a horrible video link, and in most cases simply not flyable. Lots of different video transmitters, tx and rx antennas, power outputs, ground stations, etc, etc were tried with no significant improvement in the robustness and clarity of the image to the goggles.

There is however one exception to this…

The Iftron ClearView Receiver. A couple months ago, myself and the folks from Iftron met at the Foothills Sports Arena in Lakewood. This site is the perfect size for holding indoor FPV Races, but it is a metal building, so a great test for the ClearView Receiver. I had an assortment of FPV Racer quads with me, with multiple brands and various power level vtx’s to experiment with. I coupled up my gear to their ClearView Receiver and was stunned... the mind reals at how this would also improve the video signal outdoors..!!

In short, the improvement in the video signal with the ClearView Receiver was a game changer. I will say, it was not a completely noise free and crystal clear image, but it was a completely stable and ghost free image. The little noise that there was did not impact the image stability, so it was easy to look thru or past this “noise”. Even at the furthest point from the ground station, in the corner of the facility, the image was still clear and steady enough to fly with confidence. With conventional gear in this situation, the signal was so distorted and noisy that hovering was not possible, let alone trying to shoot thru a gate.

I am certainly going to put one of these on my Christmas list. There is a ton of technology, research, programing and effort that has went into this product, so it is not cheap, but if you are looking to race indoors in virtually any type building or simply wanting to have the best possible video signal for the tip to tip completion of an outdoor course, the ClearView Receiver from Iftron should be given consideration. Check out their WebSite for more details on the product and discounts for buying in bulk.
cdee
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2015, 02:57 PM
any footage ?
Dec 07, 2015, 06:03 PM
Team Twisted!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkidjoey
any footage ?
Working on that with the Mfg... hope to have something real soon. Proof is in the pudding...
cdee
Jan 08, 2016, 02:29 AM
Erm? Are these guys trying to benefit from our (Celestial Reach's) Kickstarter publicity for ClearBoost with their name?
Jan 08, 2016, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended
Erm? Are these guys trying to benefit from our (Celestial Reach's) Kickstarter publicity for ClearBoost with their name?
Kinda does look like it mate.

All of us are always looking for better 5.8g reception. Whether or not vrx systems like this one or yours is a game changer remains to be seen. Time will tell I guess and who knows what fpv technology is going to look like in 5 years time?

Pretty exciting times to be in this hobby IMHO . Ya gotta luv it!
Last edited by TomC; Jan 08, 2016 at 06:00 AM.
Jan 08, 2016, 11:03 AM
ClearView Rocks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended

The "guys" you are referring to are of course, Iftron Technologies, Inc. We have been supplying top draw video downlinks since before FPV was even a thing. Almost three years ago, we started the intense development of the technology known as ClearView. At that time, we considered many names. We took special note of other uses of the name that preceded us. If you Google ClearView, you will see that we are not the first to use it. But we selected it because it is descriptive of our technology and because no other uses of the name that we could find, were in a similar enough field to be confused with our efforts. I don't see ClearBoost as particularly close, and I doubt that ClearBoost was in the public vernacular at that time.

So the short answer is "no."

Best regards -
Jan 08, 2016, 11:39 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
$679.00

Is there a return policy if customer is not satisfied with the product performance?
Or a "no-question" asked return policy?
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Jan 08, 2016, 12:00 PM
ClearView Rocks!
Yes there is. We have had a 30 day return policy since day one. You can see it here:

http://www.iftrontech.com/information.php?info_id=1

The Racing version featured in this thread is not the Pro version that you quoted the price on.
Please go here to see the Racing Receiver information, including price:

ClearView Racing Receiver

Go here to see three performance comparison videos.
Jan 08, 2016, 12:05 PM
Thanks....but there are 5 Diversity VideoRX on
your site....what are the differences?
They range from ~$400-$800

I'm glad to read there is a "no-question" 30day Return policy, as these will be hard to sell 'used' on the For Sale section....

P.s.
Why have a Spectrum Analyzer built in when it's proven to reject high noise?
Jan 08, 2016, 12:15 PM
ClearView Rocks!
The ClearView, whether sold with attached monitor or not, and the ClearView Racing are the only ones that are designed and built with our new technology. You can learn about the differences between them here:

http://www.iftrontech.com/product_in...roducts_id=227
Jan 08, 2016, 12:33 PM
ClearView Rocks!
Why Spectrum Analyzer? You still don't want to fire up your transmitter, or select your system operating frequency right on top of someone else that is already on. Besides, some frequencies that some transmitters run on are so close together that no receiver can reasonably reject the adjacent channel.
Jan 08, 2016, 12:45 PM
1 A/V out for a $600 Diversity Rx?
Jan 10, 2016, 12:12 AM
You guys havent done yourselves any favours by bringing this out with a VERY close name to clearboost. From which i can tell from the videos does the same thing as your product for 1/10 the price.

$600...

Good luck with...whatever this is.
Jan 10, 2016, 08:03 AM
I'm still waiting for a "LIVE video Out" recording comparison?
I want to know if "the new technology" that is claimed worth it at $600

p.s.
they can sell it at this price because of the 'testing' they've done,
and its the USA, they can sell it at any price as they please.
Jan 10, 2016, 08:20 AM
Ya, no matter what the cost we really need to see some independent testing and reviews on both of these Clear...... products before purchasing either. Right now I do not see anything that would give me enough confidence to hit the Buy Button!

Quick Reply