Jul 23, 2004, 03:41 PM
Thread OP

Quick Access to Specific Page or Post in Long Thread

Maybe there's a way to do it now, but I don't see it.

For example, in one of the long threads (80+ pages) in the Jet Forum, there is a post with an excellent color photo, which I have been using as a guide for making a similar item. If I try to print out the photo, I'll get the whole darn thread coming out of my printer, starting with page one. While I can select a range of pages to print, there is not a one to one correlation between thread page numbers and printer page numbers. I can't even come close to guessing where to set the page range.

The item of interest is on page 65 of the thread. I copied down all the gibberish address info that appears at the top of the page, thinking that I could simply type that into my browser and go right to the page. Nope. It goes to page one of the thread. I looked under the search heading "search this thread" and there's no way to access a specific page. Is there a way to do that? Or, could that search method be somehow added to the search specification?

This is a fantastic resource, which is genuinely appreciated. Thanks for your work in creating and managing it!!

jim
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2004, 03:54 PM
Purple power
this one?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=965
Jul 23, 2004, 04:24 PM
Thread OP
Gregg,

That's the page! How did you guess, or did I leave a trail?

I can get to it by moving thru the thread at a rate of 5 (?) pages at a time. But that takes awhile.

Here's the string I copied from the top of the page and placed in my MSN browser (it took me to page one of the thread):

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&page=65&pp=15

Its different from what you typed above. Yours worked. What's the trick?
Jul 23, 2004, 07:26 PM
Purple power
psychic

Just click on the post #.
Then save it. Or for a link just right click the post #.

Good luck...........
Jul 24, 2004, 04:55 AM
Thread OP
Gregg,

Ok, I'll try it both ways. Thank you.

Jim

Quick Reply