Thread OP
Discussion

Frosty Dog @ Triple tree

Anyone going to this event?
http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...Mass%20Dec%204
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2015, 12:26 PM
FlyBilly
I wanted to go last year but couldn't make it.... hope to make it this year!
Dec 06, 2015, 07:51 PM
I have been the last few years, This year I believe I will just go to the patch. However I do have that weekend free. So who knows! lol
Serious maybe.
Dec 07, 2015, 09:39 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoebbq
I have been the last few years, This year I believe I will just go to the patch. However I do have that weekend free. So who knows! lol
Serious maybe.
I knew you'd been going Chris; thought I might make it this year.
Dec 07, 2015, 10:09 AM
For me the patch is more fun. First sat after new years. Also closer and better food!

However Triple tree is an event by itself.
Extremely fun place to fly. With only foamies right now. Not sure i will drive that far.
Dec 07, 2015, 10:10 AM
FlyBilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoebbq
For me the patch is more fun. First sat after new years. Also closer and better food!

However Triple tree is an event by itself.
Extremely fun place to fly. With only foamies right now. Not sure i will drive that far.
What is the "patch"?
Dec 07, 2015, 10:24 AM
Pecan Patch in griffin
Dec 07, 2015, 12:05 PM
The Patch for Chilli Flyin is awesome time and good food! Highly recommend it if you can make it.
Dec 07, 2015, 12:43 PM
My social director /wife has said I have plans on Jan9th. No go for me. But I will be at the patch!
Dec 07, 2015, 12:48 PM
Weather permitting I should be at the Patch on Jan. 2. I will not be going to Frosty Dog. But will be going to Joe Nall
Dec 07, 2015, 01:08 PM
Hey, Wkener2, I have room in the trailer for some extra planes this time, if you want to car pool down with me. It's a long-ish drive, but definitely worth it last year.
Dec 07, 2015, 02:36 PM
It's Marc & Ken at the Pecan-Patch
Dec 07, 2015, 05:45 PM
FlyBilly
Looks nice.... RC Groups shows it is privately owned. What are the rules concerning flying i.e. dates/times, gate info, etc.?
Dec 07, 2015, 07:00 PM
Whenever you're invited. They don't have a lot of rules there. (Any?)

It is not an AMA field. It is basically a private residence. They have a thread here and the owner lets people know when the field will be available. From what I can tell, the regulars help with the field maintenance. I've only been the one time though.
Dec 08, 2015, 08:32 AM
Rules are fly often, Fly hard, Have fun, No whining
I think it may be an ama field even though it is private. But the rules are very relaxed..lol

3D guys love this place.

Quick Reply