Dec 04, 2015, 11:31 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Arx 540 hints and tips?

Hi guys I am hoping to get an arx540 with e gyro on Monday.I can find tons of threads all about the Anderson m5 but no big arx hints and tips thread.Has anyone got any good tips for me?Thanks for any info.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2015, 06:08 AM
The best tip I can give about the ARX is to install the Cusago steering stem and triples on the off road bike.

http://www.armodelling.com/kit-di-co...i-cavallo.html

Itīs not available as noted at the web, but give Antonio a call and letīs see if he can do a miracle...

Original bellcrank steering system, same as Ricky bike and Quanum, makes driving more difficult when tight cornering is a must.

Cusago steering system is the same of any on road bike (all scales) and can be found as standard at Venom/Atomik bikes and SR4. Great improvement in handling.

About the rest of the bike, itīs a good piece of engineering youīll surely enjoy.
Dec 05, 2015, 12:21 PM
Thread OP
Thanks very much for the info.Unfortunately I can't see the parts on the link as it can't find the product.
Dec 08, 2015, 11:01 AM
Thread OP
Got the ARX today.Its a great looking bit of kit.I am going to put it away until Christmas but I cant wait to take it for a ride.
Dec 08, 2015, 12:41 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Congrats. Just enjoy the bike for a while. Not many "mods" have been shared aside from changing the steering. Others have used Phantom 400 steering parts on the ARX to convert to direct steering. Those parts might be hard to get. I wonder if the Himoto MX400 steering would be compatible. Wish I had the bike to help.
Dec 08, 2015, 01:22 PM
Try this one...

http://www.armodelling.com/kit-di-co...-full-kit.html

And try to contact owner at [email protected] for more news about this bike
Dec 08, 2015, 02:11 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Here is a show off bike on my site that has a nice bit of upgrades to his arx: the phantom 400 direct steering with mm450 steering damper, 16mm big bore shock. sr4 rear tire. Going way above that is the NF front spoke wheel and tire which is more just pure eye candy (cannot use the ARX front brake upgrade either).
http://www.rcdirtbikeaction.com/1808/showoff-arx540-by-themoz74/
Dec 09, 2015, 12:31 AM
Thread OP
Name: IMG-20151208-WA0002.jpg
Views: 100
Size: 715.7 KB
Description: Thanks for the advice guys.I have ordered a wheelie bar from Bruce but not sure it will need it with the stock motor.Thats a very trick ARX on your site John.
Last edited by martin34; Dec 09, 2015 at 12:39 AM.
Dec 09, 2015, 08:59 AM
If you plan to jump over gas range, you'll need some more track to gain speed...

Dec 09, 2015, 11:08 AM
Thread OP
Name: IMG-20151208-WA0004.jpg
Views: 111
Size: 680.8 KB
Description: I prefer the look of HPI guy to this guy.
Dec 09, 2015, 11:52 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
The thing to watch for with the HPI guy is him moving around and leaning forward etc. Some Velcro on his butt and seat should keep the COG consistent.
Dec 09, 2015, 11:57 AM
dammachines
Quote:
Originally Posted by trf_414_m2
If you plan to jump over gas range, you'll need some more track to gain speed...

Yes, and maybe a couple bagels under that "Breads of the World" board would help make a nice launch ramp!
Dec 10, 2015, 12:33 AM
Thread OP
Good idea about the Velcro to hold HPI guy still.I have ordered some orange countersunk washers and stainless countersunk allen screws to replace the stock screws to add a bit of colour.Its a pity AR apply the stickers to a clear body.I would of predfered the overfilm being left on the body and the stickers in the box so you could add your own base colour.
Dec 10, 2015, 04:34 AM
RC Motorcycles are fun Bobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin34
Attachment 8498732I prefer the look of HPI guy to this guy.
Dec 12, 2015, 02:01 AM
Thread OP
HPI guy posing well there lol.I got the ARX back out of the box as I thought I better check it all works ok.I didn't drive it but the egyro span up ok and the steering worked so that's good.I could tell that its going to need a more powerfull steering servo tho.

Quick Reply