Triple Tree - The Frosty Dog Electric!

Don't let the cold weather stop your RC fun! Head on down to Triple to get some flying in and enjoy the company of your RC friends.

Splash

Join your RC family at the Frosty Dog!

The cold dog is coming! Head out to TT and fly in some cold weather. RCG should be on hand to get photo coverage, so make sure you get a photo with Miss Ashley! Put it on your calendar and help support one of the greatest flying sites in the world!

When:

January 9, 2016

Info

Triple Tree invites all RC pilots to come out Saturday January 9, 2016 to fly electric aircraft. Join us on the coldest RC flying day of the year and bring any type of electric aircraft!

• Registration is $10. AMA required.
  • No impound, just show up and fly. 72 MHz ok.
  • Please, no camping.
  • This is a one day event 8:30 to 6:30.

Food

Lunch will be served at 1:00 in the hangar rain or shine and include:

• Frosty Dogs
  • Kirby Fries
  • Baked Beans
  • Little Debbie’s.

Adults $10, 12 and under $5

Flight Lines

All 6 flight lines are open for this event. Most people are at the Main and 3D. The amount of swap shop items has also been growing each year-no charge. So come out and join in the fun.

Learn More

Head to Triple Tree site to learn more!

Dec 16, 2015, 12:14 PM
Master Prop Breaker
With weather like this I'm not sure how frosty it will be.
Dec 17, 2015, 10:45 PM
I was there last year.........not crowded, good hot dogs and lots of fun flying. Highly recommended!
Dec 17, 2015, 10:57 PM
IHeartDLG
January 9, 2016: The Not-So Frosty Dog
Dec 27, 2015, 06:26 PM
wdy
wdy
Swap Shop Items.
What are you taking to The Frosty Dog To Sell Or Trade ?

I have two 1/3 Scale Piper Cubs need to sell or trade one of them This is a big plane but I could bring it down to the Frosty Dog if someone was interested in it. One has floats with it which is the USA Balsa Plane.

I can send more pictures and give more information if needed.
Thanks
Last edited by wdy; Jan 02, 2016 at 08:00 PM.
Dec 29, 2015, 02:27 PM
Fully Sending It
Gee you guys might be sunny and 70 this year!!

Meanwhile in California it'll be cold and rainy
Dec 29, 2015, 09:15 PM
Team Twisted!
Looking forward to Frosty Dog at the 3d line. Anybody got gas Extreme flight plane with a DA engine for Sale?
Jan 01, 2016, 12:59 AM
that's gonna leave a scar
just a crazy question, from what I read about these events. spectators must have a valid AMA card ?? maybe I read all this wrong.

quote from Triple Tree site

"You must be an AMA member, a member of an aviation related organization (Civil Air Patrol, EAA, NBAA, AOPA, any aircraft type club, etc) or a licensed general aviation pilot to attend Triple Tree events. "
Jan 01, 2016, 08:30 AM
From what I remember, You must be AMA member to fly and be on the flight line .
Jan 04, 2016, 10:11 AM
I know at Joe Nall, you have to be a ama member to get in and fly. You may bring a non-ama member as a guest, they can not fly. Also you are responsible for them and their actions. I am not sure about frosty dog event if it is different.

Also does anyone know if you have to have a faa number displayed on you aircraft to fly?
Jan 04, 2016, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp80
I know at Joe Nall, you have to be a ama member to get in and fly. You may bring a non-ama member as a guest, they can not fly. Also you are responsible for them and their actions. I am not sure about frosty dog event if it is different.

Also does anyone know if you have to have a faa number displayed on you aircraft to fly?
i think for any event at triple tree you have to be an ama member or guest of an ama member. or i think you can also be a member of a full scale organization.
as far as the recent faa uas rules i haven't heard but keep in mind registration for aircraft that have been flying/flown prior to dec 21st do not have to be registered until the feb 19th deadline.
Jan 04, 2016, 12:37 PM
No longer in RC
I believe TTA is not open to the general public, probably for liability reasons, so you must be a AMA member or have a pilot's license to get in.
Jan 04, 2016, 09:48 PM
I'm strongly considering coming up. I have a plane I'd like to sell if someone was interested. Kinda ambivalent about selling it as it's a sweet plane but I just don't fly it enough. It's an E-flite leader 480 with digital hitec servos, aluminum spinner, and the 480 sized motor from Altitude hobbies (bit more power than what E-flite recommends). It flys great on 3s but should be more fun on 4s although I've yet to try it. If you can fly a Parkzone T-28 you can fly this as it's super easy to fly in the air and lands nice on the tricycle gear.

Never crashed in the least of course so basically like new condition. If it does not sell I'm going to try some cockpit fpv with it.

$140 firm.
Jan 07, 2016, 09:18 AM
Triple Tree Aviator
Quote:
Originally Posted by p9o1r1sche
I believe TTA is not open to the general public, probably for liability reasons, so you must be a AMA member or have a pilot's license to get in.
To fly you must have AMA, Spectator must be with someone who has AMA, aopa, Pilot, etc. AND NO, YOU WILL NOT NEED FAA NUMBER FOR THIS EVENT.
Jan 07, 2016, 12:27 PM
No longer in RC
Thanks for the clarification, WesSC.

Quick Reply