Oct 03, 2016, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushman
yes to the questions and I've tried min throttle at 1055,1060,1070 changes nothing reflashed everything set up a new model in the taranis still does the same thing sorry don't have a video but in the kiss guy you can see it happening in the data output tab
Before Fedor replies in - What it does in the gui with no props doesn't matter. What matters is what it does in the air.

Does the quad flip out of control immediately after arming it or does it only do it once you give it throttle and try to fly?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2016, 07:02 PM
it arms fine once any input is given either throttle or pitch and roll it starts the idle up routine couldn't even get off the ground it would just flip violently on its lid
Oct 03, 2016, 07:55 PM
Quote:
it arms fine once any input is given either throttle or pitch and roll it starts the idle up routine couldn't even get off the ground it would just flip violently on its lid
If it flips instantly on takeoff it can really only be one of three things if the motors are all turning when armed. Either motor direction is wrong, props are on wrong or motor pattern is wrong. Do you have airmode enabled? Min command at 1000 to enable airmode.
Oct 03, 2016, 08:47 PM
yes to all checked and rechecked
Oct 03, 2016, 08:59 PM
the people squad
Quote:
yes to all checked and rechecked
Ronw definitely has a point. He is most likely correct.

Go back and check everything. Make sure that:

1. Motor pwm outputs from FC are going to the correct motor.
2. Your motors are rotating in the correct direction
3. You are looking at the correct motors when looking at direction
(I've stupidly thought the usb was the rear of the craft once)
4. Props are in the correct orientation
5. FC is facing the correct direction

It is as Ronw says, most likely one of these things. Perhaps if you still have issues, then you could post a short video...

Good Luck, hope you get it airborne soon
Oct 03, 2016, 09:06 PM
I've done all of that more then once
Oct 03, 2016, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Can you give us any more information? Pictures and video would be really, really helpful.
Oct 03, 2016, 09:14 PM
thx for all the suggestions will be back at it tomorrow
Oct 03, 2016, 09:29 PM
the people squad
Quote:
As a problem-solver in my occupation, I've often found that the answer is staring me in the face, and that it is often one tiny assumption which is in the way.

Robert Pirsig (Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance) called this a "gumption trap", and made fabulous analogies about "The monkey and the hunter"
Oct 03, 2016, 11:13 PM
So this blackbox analyze thing, I know Joshua Bardwell has good videos about that, but he has 153 of them. Anyone know a good one to start with?
Oct 03, 2016, 11:49 PM

KISS'd RotorX Atom V2

Not sure how many folks here have flow the new RotorX AtomV2, but out of the box it comes with a custom TBS 'mini-cube' (FC, ESCs, VTX/OSD/PDB combo) It is a great all-in one package, but I had major issues with the FC and ESCs (they caught fire) so I decided to tear out the TBS stuff and take some of my old KISS18a ESC's I had laying around and a new KISS FC and throw it in and give it a shot...

All I have to say is - HOLLY S*#&%(#)$*#& this thing is incredible.

It's a little 3" so no HD action cam footage on it yet (RotorX is working on that) but I will post up some DVR footage in the next few days.

Flyduino, Thank you for make amazing products.

In the meantime here are some photos.
Oct 04, 2016, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrodingers cat
Ronw definitely has a point. He is most likely correct.

Go back and check everything. Make sure that:

1. Motor pwm outputs from FC are going to the correct motor.
2. Your motors are rotating in the correct direction
3. You are looking at the correct motors when looking at direction
(I've stupidly thought the usb was the rear of the craft once)
4. Props are in the correct orientation
5. FC is facing the correct direction

It is as Ronw says, most likely one of these things. Perhaps if you still have issues, then you could post a short video...

Good Luck, hope you get it airborne soon
I think i gave him this list already. It does seems that prop one is reversed.....
Oct 04, 2016, 12:15 AM
@whoisthat: Looks very nice... I see finally somebodu is using 90 degree rotation in real life! )))
What is the AUW and specs?
Oct 04, 2016, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedorComander
I think i gave him this list already. It does seems that prop one is reversed.....
That's correct but was the problem dandwyrirl was having with it flipping trying to take off, this post was for Mushman having a similar problem.
Oct 04, 2016, 12:54 AM
Aha.... Too early for me then

Quick Reply