Dec 04, 2015, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeblodS
I get that the most improvement you have done was to sync everything to the Gyro and use asynch oneshot so the processed data is the "freshest" one.

But now that it's sync to the gyro, and that the data is processed as soon as made available, there's no point on trying to process more data by increasing the overall frequency (Gyro, "mainloop", command to the ESCs) because the motor at the end of the line won't really benefit from it.
You are still with those motors

Most common gyros around support 1khz and 8khz mode. Let's say you undersample 1khz mode with for example looptime of 2000us (500hz). You can get massive aliasing. Let's say in lame terms that you get ghost frequencies out of gyro.
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliasing

Joshua made a video about it recently
Aliasing Primer for Multirotor Tuning / Analysis (14 min 50 sec)

Besides that there is latency part.
Let's say you have looptimes of 1000us not matched to gyro. That can mean that you can be either 999us too late with reading gyro or just in time.
1ms delay between the real world and the gyro can be felt. Let's say you are doing flips and rolls with 1000deg/sec, than 1ms becomes more critical.
That 1ms is not much if you consider the rest of parts, as those are even more, but that 1ms can better be used for something else.

The motor refresh rate is not relevant as you think.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2015, 06:47 PM
Alienated 👽
Subbed. Cool to hear that FGA is happy with performance
Dec 04, 2015, 07:46 PM
z33
z33
Subscribed
Dec 04, 2015, 07:48 PM
-FPV it's a hell of a drug-
I do like this new layout im seeing on FC's , is there any word on a price yet ?
Dec 04, 2015, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotceh_dnih
I do like this new layout im seeing on FC's , is there any word on a price yet ?
you mean the KISS Style stolen by GetFPV
Dec 04, 2015, 08:48 PM
Micro all the flying things!
Sure looks cool, Felix! I am curious to see how simple setup for the KISS FC will be.

You've mentioned that the upcoming KISS ESC 24A Race Edition will have telemetry capability. Will the KISS FC be able to aggregate telemetry data from all of the KISS ESC connected to it? Will combination of Flyduino's latest KISS offerings offer any other advantages or innovations? It would be incredible if the KISS FC could report live current readings based on ESC data, and if telemetry worked not just with Taranis (most current boards), Graupner (this may work already), and especially with Spektrum telemetry as well. Of course, no telemetry possible with the popular DSMX satellite RX.
Dec 04, 2015, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm
It would be incredible if the KISS FC could report live current readings based on ESC data
I would think it shouldn't be hard to get that info feed into the OSD?

...I see a great future on the horizon... you will be able to spot motors going bad judged by the amps (differences) they are pulling during hover or FFF... awesööööm :-D
Dec 04, 2015, 09:28 PM
Looks like a nice product that's had a good amount of thought put into it. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris B
May I ask what pid controller choice you made for this one?
The question doesn't really make a lot of sense. Are you asking whether they used PID, or implementation details like fixed vs. floating point? I mean, a PID controller is a PID controller, i.e.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianGoesPro
you mean the KISS Style stolen by GetFPV
Lux has been around for months (under the name AcBro).
Dec 04, 2015, 09:38 PM
Geek 4 3V3R
Hey Felix!

Is that a 7805 LINEAR voltage regulator?!? Those thing heat up bad!!
You run that thing on 6S and have 20.2V that you have to dissipate in heat!
The only reason I see using a 7805 is that it's cheap and better noise rejection. And low part count on small PCB

and I saw on the PCB that one day we can have CAN bus!! woot woot!

Keep it up man! Can't wait to get my hands on one!
Dec 04, 2015, 09:39 PM
Team Warpsquad
I've been testing this FC for a while now and am that impressed with it that I have sold off all my CleanFlight boards. I've not flown a quad with CF/BF that responds so well at low throttle so far. The PID controller is rather impressive. My biggest issue getting enough of them to fit outs all my quads.

I'm not one to ever say that default PIDs fly well but after initially testing the FC by only increasing the rates I found it flew better than most of my earlier CF/BF builds that were fully tuned. Then I started tuning

It is also a huge relief to find that the parameters are very simple to use unlike the huge barrage of endless pages and CLI commands in CleanFlight yet it still flies better. It doesn't do as many things as CF

So Felix, how do I get more of them???
Last edited by Final Glide; Dec 04, 2015 at 10:09 PM.
Dec 04, 2015, 09:40 PM
P.S. Can I ask what the unpopulated SOIC(?) footprint on the bottom side is for? Flash memory?
Dec 04, 2015, 09:58 PM
Just another FPV addicted teen
subbed
Dec 04, 2015, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracernz
Lux has been around for months (under the name AcBro).
Can't find anything "AcBro"... the KISS FC though... glimpsed at a pic back in July
Dec 04, 2015, 10:05 PM
Suspended Account
Sup innovators-to-be,
I'm just going to leave some very specific quotes out there,

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyduino
Hi,

from the HW side ist a STM32F303CCT6 (the 256k F3) with
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyduino
MCU Idle: 90%:
Quote:
Originally Posted by juuuut
it all workes with floats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris B
blah blah blah blah
That karma is coming right back at ya.
Dec 04, 2015, 10:11 PM
Team Warpsquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_timecop
Sup innovators-to-be,
I'm just going to leave some very specific quotes out there,

That karma is coming right back at ya.
Don't you have another second rate FC to design???

Quick Reply