Airbus A310 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 04, 2015, 08:11 AM
Discussion

Airbus A310

Hi everyone
I thought I'd share with you a project I made 15 years ago! The fuselage is made out of blue foam covered with glass and epoxy and wings are white foam covered with veneer. Wing span 2.03m, length1.85m with a total weight ready to fly nearly 5 kilos with a wing loading of 34oz/ft2. Power plants are two wemotec 90mm fans with Plettenbergs. Good flyer but a bit fast for me!

to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2015, 12:05 PM
Beautiful model you built. Whole profile of the aircraft looks very true to scale except for the engine nacelles. Very nice...did you fly it?
Dec 04, 2015, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the nice comment, yes, it did fly and it flys good but as I say above is a bit too fast for me so I put it aside for many years! I'm thinking of changing the old batteries with Lipo, that will reduce the weight a lot so I can play with the throtle a bit!
Dec 04, 2015, 04:40 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Bass. . . Anyone who hasn't fallen in love with Your Olympic A310 has a "hole in thier airliner Soul"

I pray my A310 turns out as nice.

A work of art Sir!
Latest blog entry: My RC 737 Assembly line!
Dec 04, 2015, 05:57 PM
If it flies, I crash it!
You did this 15 years ago? You were a little ahead of your time!

Any flight video?
Dec 04, 2015, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver
Bass. . . Anyone who hasn't fallen in love with Your Olympic A310 has a "hole in thier airliner Soul"

I pray my A310 turns out as nice.

A work of art Sir!
Thank you very much demondriver, much appreciated!!! I've been following your threads with great interest, you do a great job sir!!!
Dec 04, 2015, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlazarus6660
You did this 15 years ago? You were a little ahead of your time!

Any flight video?
I had one or two on video tape but I'm afraid I lost them, can't find them anywhere! If I get it on the air again, as I plan, I'm going to shoot some for sure! Thanks for the nice comment!
Dec 04, 2015, 07:21 PM
Give me a TriStar anyday!
Beautiful bird...inspiring to say the least.
Dec 05, 2015, 02:57 AM
airliner-rc.ru
WOW. Very, very beautiful Airbus. We must see it on the air
Reduce weight (to change batteries right decision) and fly fly fly
Dec 05, 2015, 02:30 PM
Thank you guys, very nice of you!
Dec 10, 2015, 04:50 PM
I thought I build a new more scale wing futuring all the working parts and make it more interesting, so I started working on the mechanisms on a mockup and so far so good! Everything works quite well, just needs some more adjustments and I think is good to go. Here is some photos and a video

Airbus a310 rc flap mechanism (1 min 43 sec)
Dec 10, 2015, 07:10 PM
Excellent engineering. I am looking forward to making an airplane with those features some day.
Dec 11, 2015, 02:02 AM
airliner-rc.ru
What about outboard flaps?
Dec 11, 2015, 02:23 AM
Airliner Builder
Incredible work! I've always wanted to make an airliner with fully functional scale flap/slat/spoilers.

How are the flaps hinged? Do they slide on a track or just attached to the four pushrods?
Dec 11, 2015, 07:04 AM
Skylar's People
Nicely done!