May 04, 2016, 10:03 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cquillen
I'd really like to see what the video looks like in my fatsharks. Would it be possible to post a fatshark DVR file that I could load onto a micro-sd and view with my googles?

I've seen the youtube vids with the side by side view. Can I view these in 3D on my googles or do I need some other file format?

See post #1 in this thread. There are two links to my Dropbox folder with original Dom HD footage. Those files can be copied to your SD card for instant playback. With respect to the YouTube videos it might be a bit difficult, as the Dom HD needs a specific video codec. I thinks it's MJPEG but I'm not really sure. Also the right data rate might be an issue.
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2016, 12:54 AM
Just got mine working. There is a color imbalance between left and right cameras it seems. I can see a definite blue-green tint in the left camera output. Is that normal? One doesn't notice it so much when in 3d mode, but it seems the images should have same color balance.
May 07, 2016, 04:25 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by twelti
Just got mine working. There is a color imbalance between left and right cameras it seems. I can see a definite blue-green tint in the left camera output. Is that normal? One doesn't notice it so much when in 3d mode, but it seems the images should have same color balance.

This case needs further investigation. Can you please contact me via e-mail ([email protected]) again? Thanks.
May 07, 2016, 05:33 AM
Thread OP

GPS support in sight

While the next batch of NerdCams is in preparation I took the opportunity to integrate GPS support for 3D-OSD into the camera's firmware. The prerequisites are rather simple - you just need GPS attached to and working with your flight control running Cleanflight. The camera detects the presence of the GPS sensor and acquires the relevant GPS info via serial port (MSP) with an update rate of about 0.5sec.

Name: capture_001_06052016_130759.png
Views: 53
Size: 587.3 KB
Description:
Screenshot of live video using USB grabber on my PC

GPS is displayed on top of the screen. In case no GPS is found the upper OSD line remains empty, independently of the A/C system info in the bottom line. GPS support starts with a satellite dish symbol and the number of detected satellites. Once we get a 3D fix, GPS speed (km/h) and altitude (m) are displayed. If GPS fix is present and your copter is armed the GPS home position is saved and the distance-to-home and return-to-home-arrow appear, guiding your back to your respective home position. All this in a minimalist design without cluttering your view too much. I'll try to demo these new cool features in a separate video.
May 07, 2016, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KritzelKratzel
While the next batch of NerdCams is in preparation I took the opportunity to integrate GPS support for 3D-OSD into the camera's firmware. The prerequisites are rather simple - you just need GPS attached to and working with your flight control running Cleanflight. The camera detects the presence of the GPS sensor and acquires the relevant GPS info via serial port (MSP) with an update rate of about 0.5sec.

Attachment 8968245
Screenshot of live video using USB grabber on my PC

GPS is displayed on top of the screen. In case no GPS is found the upper OSD line remains empty, independently of the A/C system info in the bottom line. GPS support starts with a satellite dish symbol and the number of detected satellites. Once we get a 3D fix, GPS speed (km/h) and altitude (m) are displayed. If GPS fix is present and your copter is armed the GPS home position is saved and the distance-to-home and return-to-home-arrow appear, guiding your back to your respective home position. All this in a minimalist design without cluttering your view too much. I'll try to demo these new cool features in a separate video.
Very nice. This will also be handy when used with dRonin and STM32F4 based flight controllers.

Also, we just announced the BrainFPV RE1, which has a built-in OSD with side-by-side 3D support. Check out the thread.
May 07, 2016, 02:23 PM
Thread OP
Here is a quick'n'dirty demo of the new GPS feature of the NerdCam3D Mk.2. I just mounted everything more or less into an ESD cardboard box. The FC is a SPRF3 with a Neo7N Pixhawk GPS receiver (manually programmed to 56k baud rate and 10Hz update rate). FC is directly attached to a Multiplex 5ch receiver.

The video was taken with a FPV Japan DVR. I simply walked around on the street with the box in my hands while checking the DVR. We currently have some major road works going on. That's why everything looks to messy on the street.

Here is the video - just the raw footage, no audio, no editing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wwu0vgqb0...05719.AVI?dl=0

You see two arming/disarming cycles. At time code 00:24 the GPS info appears. The first arming is at 00:35. Each time the assembly is armed, the home location is saved and displayed. Upon disarm the RTH info is deactivated, but the GPS speed and altitude is still present. This procedure follows exactly the way how GPS is currently handled within Cleanflight.

I turn around a little bit to make the RTH arrow rotate. Works pretty well, in particular in the second cycle (starts at 01:13). Of cause the accuracy of the whole thing is governed by the way the FC calculates all GPS data. The camera (with some minor exceptions) just displays what the FC has calculated before. My pedestrian speed matches my expectation (ca. 4km/h) and the calculated distance-to-home is also OK, as far as it can be with this equipment.

Now the cameras FPGA is occupied with 92%, still some space for a little OSD related gimmick. Any suggestions?
May 07, 2016, 05:50 PM
Quote:
This case needs further investigation. Can you please contact me via e-mail ([email protected]) again? Thanks.
OK, the issue is with my DOm v3's, not the Nerdcam! The color is due to one eye being slightly out of the "sweet spot" for the Doms. My eyes seem to be just a scosh too far apart even at widest IPD setting.
May 08, 2016, 05:08 AM
Thread OP
Simon's thoughts about the NerdCam3D Mk.2:
Nerdcam v2 at wembley (3 min 35 sec)
May 10, 2016, 02:04 AM
There is any way to play the videos on a 3d TV. I have tried with te file created by dominator hd2 but TV don't recognise the sbs format

Enviado desde mi SM-G920F mediante Tapatalk
May 10, 2016, 04:42 AM
Thread OP
Check this out: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=413

You need to convert the raw footage from 4:3 to 16:9 by adding black vertical bars with AVISYNTH. The script I used should be self-explanatory. Also possible that you need to switch your tv manually into 3D mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachopr
There is any way to play the videos on a 3d TV. I have tried with te file created by dominator hd2 but TV don't recognise the sbs format

Enviado desde mi SM-G920F mediante Tapatalk
May 10, 2016, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Check this out: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=413

You need to convert the raw footage from 4:3 to 16:9 by adding black vertical bars with AVISYNTH. The script I used should be self-explanatory. Also possible that you need to switch your tv manually into 3D mode.
Ok. thanks.

I had it as a possibility.

I try.
May 11, 2016, 03:06 PM
Thread OP
Take a moment and enjoy this great and fair review at Painless360:

RC Reviews: NerdCam v2 0 (from getfpv.com) (13 min 38 sec)
May 11, 2016, 03:41 PM
Still flying a desk..
Quote:
Take a moment and enjoy this great and fair review at Painless360:

https://youtu.be/3M0DBIq8MaA
I like the painless 360 channel. It has helped me a lot but I can't help feeling that he completely missed the point of having the camera.
He says that he didn't want to fly near to anything because of the lower resolution (compared to his normal camera). Getting very close to things is what the camera excels at. He didn't go near to anything therefore he never got the real 3D experience.
Is is good for racing? - No but it is fantastic for proximity flying!

Honest review? - Yes.
Missed the point of having a 3D camera? - Yes completely.
May 12, 2016, 01:15 PM
Gravity is patient............
Is there a way to connect the MK2 osd to a Naze32 board?
May 12, 2016, 02:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60
Is there a way to connect the MK2 osd to a Naze32 board?
Yes, it's possible as long as you are not using RX_PARALLEL_PWM with your receiver. There are two hardware serial ports on the FC. The first one is needed for communication with USB, the second port can be used for OSD or the camera directly in this case. The second serial port of the FC shares pins with the receiver inputs RC1 to RC8. The pin allocation of the serial ports is described here: https://github.com/cleanflight/clean...0-%20Naze32.md. I use exactly the same wiring with my Flip32 flight-control.

Connect:
- FC pin RC3 (serial Tx) to camera UART port pin Rx
- FC pin RC4 (serial Rx) to cameta UART port pin Tx
- FC pin GND (any) to camera UART port pin GND

Enable and configure the second serial port (UART2) on the FC like this:
Name: capture_001_12052016_204719.png
Views: 50
Size: 96.9 KB
Description:

That's all. The camera transmits MSP requests every 0.5sec and after reception of a valid response the OSD automatically appears. The configuration of battery voltage / current sensor scaling is made with Cleanflight Configurator.

Quick Reply