View Poll Results: Hamsters Or Penguins ?
Hamsters 38 38.00%
Penguins 62 62.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by Lycan Animal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 16, 2020, 04:28 AM
Drone Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
No one posted here in over a week so I will.
Occasionally when I am outside I will see vultures soaring around during the day. Watching them, I am amazed to see them circle around without even flapping their wings, sometimes it seems like 10 minutes at a time. Yesterday afternoon, every time I went outside, they would be circling around over my homestead, sometimes within 50 feet of where I stood. These birds have wingspans of at least 3 feet, maybe 4 feet or more. This morning I go out and notice a bunch of them, on my barn, on all the high line posts near my house, every nearby perch, most within 100 meters, some as far away as 300 meters. So I started counting and counted at least 19 vultures. Also noticed about 250 meters out in the field there was a coyote or two. It stayed in one place for a long time. That explains the vultures, there is something dead out there, and the vultures are waiting for the coyote to leave so they can get to the leftovers.
Yo SF!, hope alls well with you.

If you cant beat them join them..

https://www.airagestore.com/plans/rc...y-vulture.html

BR
Sep 19, 2020, 08:07 PM
GOT WINGS
Hey BR, nice to hear from you, hope you are doing well too. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, been kinda busy the last few days. Are you still flying something and riding motorcycles?

I have only been flying RC airplanes since last November, and building them. Currently building a GWS Pt-17. First plane I have attempted to glass at all. Glassing, painting, and clear coating is all I have done in my spare time for the last few days. I paint them before I assemble them. Finally getting close to finishing the painting. This is a model from way back around 2004. But I wanted a Biplane and like to build. I post my plane reviews in my Blog. Here is a photo of the box the kit came in and a photo of a PT-13 Stearman that looks just like my PT-17 is to look like:
Name: zpt17box.jpg
Views: 2
Size: 526.3 KB
Description: Name: stearman_chris.JPG
Views: 2
Size: 79.1 KB
Description:

The western wildfires and the weather patterns have dumped a ton of smoke over my region. Thirty minutes before sundown it was already getting dark, and there was hardly a cloud in the sky. Can usually see the nearby town that is about 10 miles away, but looks like a low fog today and can't see the town from here. Went out just now and could see the moon about 30 degrees above the horizon. Can smell the smoke in the air so not spending much time outdoors.
Latest blog entry: Durafly Micro Tundra
Oct 10, 2020, 03:44 PM
Flight for life
In memory of Lycan Animal.

Sheep Discovers How To Use A Trampoline (0 min 34 sec)
Oct 10, 2020, 05:55 PM
GOT WINGS
LA seemed like a good soul, miss him.
Oct 29, 2020, 07:32 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
LA seemed like a good soul, miss him.

Yeah, same here.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Oct 29, 2020, 08:34 AM
GOT WINGS
I was just thinking yesterday about this thread and posting here just to keep it alive.
Haven't been doing a lot lately, built a GWS PT-17 but haven't got it to fly right yet. I ordered a Hobbyking Durafly Micro Tundra last week because it comes with flaps and floats, haven't got it yet. Fairly bad weather so far this week. Major ice storm Tuesday. Nothing else going on here.
Oct 29, 2020, 10:20 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
I'm considering that micro Tundra. Plenty of water here. Just wish it came with flight controller, just to have a safety net. I can fly acro but it's convenient to have self leveling mode for tricky situations.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Oct 29, 2020, 02:44 PM
GOT WINGS
I already have a Dynam Detrum MSR66A 6 channel receiver. Weighs 7 grams with the case on, fairly small and includes stabilization. A friend gave it to me. But I have 5 or 6 of them in my other planes.
I got a Detrum GAVIN-6C 6CH digital transmitter with a ready to fly Dynam plane. It is lower level programmable transmitter, has 30 model memory, seems to work fairly well. Haven't had a problem with range yet and have been out to at least 300 meters. TX only costs $67US and RXs are only $30US. So far I have 7 planes I try to fly with that TX.

Quick Reply