View Poll Results: Hamsters Or Penguins ?
Hamsters 35 36.84%
Penguins 60 63.16%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by Lycan Animal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 11, 2019, 09:02 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Btw, the SOS can be heard much more often in that song, not just in the beginning. It's cleverly intertwined with the melody many times. I think it can even be heard indirectly, in some parts of the rhythm, not just as the better recognizable beeps.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Sep 16, 2019, 01:40 AM
If you feel stressed, start keeping Guinea Pigs:

Our Guinea Pigs very "busy" with relaxing (1 min 48 sec)
Sep 22, 2019, 09:44 AM
Some flying with the ER349:

Evening fun with the Eachine/Diatone ER349 (4 min 46 sec)
Sep 24, 2019, 11:51 PM
I think this song fits this time of year perfectly, where summer is going into autumn, a mix of joy and sadness:

TheFatRat & Anjulie - Close To The Sun (3 min 26 sec)
Oct 01, 2019, 04:07 PM
That song I posted is even more appropriate now. This morning I lost my remaining parent, my father. My mother died 4 years ago...
Oct 02, 2019, 10:01 AM
GOT WINGS
Sorry for your loss Henk.
Oct 02, 2019, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
Sorry for your loss Henk.

Thanks, SF. Even though he reached the extreme age of over 100, it still feels too short, because I'm less than half that age, since he waited a long time before getting married and starting a family.
Oct 06, 2019, 04:39 AM
Any of the "regulars" in this thread, could you have a look at these videos, I made in remembrance for my dad? See if I haven't overlooked anything, used weird words, typing errors, etc. Much obliged if you would be able to help.

Memorial Flight for my dad - part 1 (please read the video description, thx) (3 min 26 sec)

Memorial Flight for my dad - part 2 (please read the video description, thx) (4 min 12 sec)
Oct 07, 2019, 06:57 AM
Way too quiet here. Come on people, while you are still alive and able to, don't waste time you could use talking with your mates about fun things, such as RC.
Oct 07, 2019, 10:42 AM
GOT WINGS
Sorry for not responding sooner, Solo. My high speed internet subscription for my desktop was all used up, making it almost impossible to watch a video. And when I turned on my desktop the battery was dead. Finally got a chance to watch using my mobile hotspot with my laptop this morning, and also went and read the video descriptions. Good videos and description
Good videos, and a good tribute to your father. Again, sorry for your loss. I lost my dad more than 20 years ago, still have my mom, but she is 95 years old, and may not be here much longer.

Haven't done anything RC related in several weeks except read the forums.
Oct 07, 2019, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Sorry for not responding sooner, Solo. My high speed internet subscription for my desktop was all used up, making it almost impossible to watch a video. And when I turned on my desktop the battery was dead. Finally got a chance to watch using my mobile hotspot with my laptop this morning, and also went and read the video descriptions. Good videos and description
Good videos, and a good tribute to your father. Again, sorry for your loss. I lost my dad more than 20 years ago, still have my mom, but she is 95 years old, and may not be here much longer.

Haven't done anything RC related in several weeks except read the forums.

No worries, SF. I'd rather have a heartfelt comment a little later, than some reply I got earlier to day, on a comment I posted on someone's recent video, which gave me a virtual slap in the face because I apparently said something wrong.

Btw, you can make up for the delay by leaving a comment on my vids on YT. It seems many are afraid to say something, maybe because of the nature of the video, or perhaps they felt insulted for mentioning that in some occasions, the Allies were responsible for senseless killing too, during WW2.

I don't blame anyone directly for what happened back then, I mostly wanted to show how war devastates lives, and maybe let trigger happy people in the future consider one more time, before opening fire. Had this been done on that fateful day, the pilots should have been able to see the civilians, kids, families, in casual clothing, running around in despair, and not have made several passes, till everyone was either dead, too badly wounded to move, or lucky enough to have found a safe hiding spot, beyond the line of fire...

That is hard to forgive, but certainly should never be forgotten.
Oct 08, 2019, 09:19 AM
GOT WINGS
Finally charged up a battery and went out to fly because the weather was so nice. 72'F and wind 5 to 10 mph. Flew my newest H501S-S. First problem was battery charger. One cell did not seem to be charging above 4.11 volts. Had a loose connection on the charger, when I fixed that, that cell was up to 4.25 volts. Then the quad would not arm, turned out the RTH switch was in the wrong position. Then GPS would not hold, it was drifting in the wind. GPS switch was in wrong position. Finally got it flying right. Then gnats started swarming around my face, very irritating. Still flew until I had the battery down close to storage charge, but didn't feel like spraying to keep the bugs off. So at least I did fly.
Oct 08, 2019, 06:01 PM
You need some FPV bunker, to take shelter when flying. Darn those gnats...
Oct 16, 2019, 05:40 PM
GOT WINGS
Almost wish I had a large glass door I could sit behind and fly from sometimes.
Today is very nice outside, around 70'F and almost no wind, but I am suffering from muscle soreness and a foot problem, so another excuse for not flying. I think the gnats might even be gone now.
Yesterday, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Almost wish I had a large glass door I could sit behind and fly from sometimes.
Today is very nice outside, around 70'F and almost no wind, but I am suffering from muscle soreness and a foot problem, so another excuse for not flying. I think the gnats might even be gone now.

Maybe a small glass or alien dome? A scale version from that series from a few years ago?

Quick Reply