View Poll Results: Hamsters Or Penguins ?
Hamsters 35 36.84%
Penguins 60 63.16%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by Lycan Animal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 06, 2019, 03:35 PM
Krotow
Oh hi! Unfortunately not a single Dutch girl around Only job and home chores. Plus weather became awful again. Without flying so far, though met some FPV comrades at Sunday. At today finally had an inspiration to browse through latest reviews. Noticed HD FPV solution which finally seems good for real use. Low latency (28 ms) for video which is not bad at all. And channel autoswitching is a million. No more petty disturbances and picture overlap with fellow pilots in same field.

DJI Digital FPV System - 7ms HD/control link (37 min 37 sec)

Price is a strong deterrent for most of us though Also because thing is made by DJI which include all output power and enforced location restrictions known from Phantom and Mavic. However I believe it will give a push for more affordable and customizable HD FPV solutions in future. Current DJI model side design is far to bulky (need large or custom 5"+ frame). And too expensive for racing and freestyle, except you are wealthy type who can afford a box of these Air Units to replenish smashed and lost ones. However I expect Runcam Swift size model side solutions in near future. Let see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I guess it's hard to type messages when you have 2 black eyes, because both ladies hit him with their handbags.
Don't mention handbags, please. I already have a strong headache in futile tries to convince one lady to buy a new handbag instead of that stupid potato bag like thing she have. Didn't succeed so far.

Quote:
Krotow, if you go on honeymoon with a Dutch girl, at least you could have sent us a postcard.
Erm, no luck with that. Only woman outside my workplace that I contacted in last two days, was a friend's wife who wanted to buy two Apple laptops - one for her's husband and second cheaper one for daughter. At least helped them in that.
Last edited by Krotow; Aug 06, 2019 at 05:00 PM.
Aug 07, 2019, 10:53 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
No, there are about a half dozen invisible posters.

Ah, I only counted 4 so far, can you show me where the other 2 are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotow
Oh hi! Unfortunately not a single Dutch girl around Only job and home chores. Plus weather became awful again. Without flying so far, though met some FPV comrades at Sunday. At today finally had an inspiration to browse through latest reviews. Noticed HD FPV solution which finally seems good for real use. Low latency (28 ms) for video which is not bad at all. And channel autoswitching is a million. No more petty disturbances and picture overlap with fellow pilots in same field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiGPO9xRWYg

Price is a strong deterrent for most of us though Also because thing is made by DJI which include all output power and enforced location restrictions known from Phantom and Mavic. However I believe it will give a push for more affordable and customizable HD FPV solutions in future. Current DJI model side design is far to bulky (need large or custom 5"+ frame). And too expensive for racing and freestyle, except you are wealthy type who can afford a box of these Air Units to replenish smashed and lost ones. However I expect Runcam Swift size model side solutions in near future. Let see.

Don't mention handbags, please. I already have a strong headache in futile tries to convince one lady to buy a new handbag instead of that stupid potato bag like thing she have. Didn't succeed so far.

Erm, no luck with that. Only woman outside my workplace that I contacted in last two days, was a friend's wife who wanted to buy two Apple laptops - one for her's husband and second cheaper one for daughter. At least helped them in that.

It's not too sure if the DJI system doesn't interfere with regular FPV systems. Since it's frequency hopping, it might affect analog systems running on a fixed channel.

So, no luck with the ladies? Maybe you can throw a cheap toy quad over the fence of a nice single lady, and then ring the bell, asking if you can retrieve your drone from her garden?
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Aug 10, 2019, 09:21 AM
Some more ER349:

Evening flight with the Eachine/Diatone ER349 (4 min 11 sec)

Flying the Eachine/Diatone ER349 in windy conditions (3 min 38 sec)
Aug 17, 2019, 01:15 AM
Converted this...

to this...

And now it doesn't just look better, but flies better too:

Helifar X140 Pro, conversion to GEPRC MX3 frame, first flight in windy conditions (3 min 39 sec)

Second flight with the Helifar X140 Pro after converting to GEPRC MX3 frame (3 min 57 sec)

More info here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ther-very-much
Aug 20, 2019, 02:01 AM
It's quiet here again. Everybody working hard, and no flying?

I got a few batteries in yesterday. Might be having holiday, but enough to do, as my father's health suffered a sudden decline recently, and he needs extra attention to make (partial) recovery. Still I make sure to do some nice things too, it helps to remain a better son and helper, when I am not running around all the time, and creating more stress than the situation already brings.

So hope you will enjoy these videos as much as I did flying:

More fun with the Helifar X140 Pro on GEPRC MX3 true-X frame (4 min 16 sec)

Having fun with the Helifar Fuuton 2 (3 min 26 sec)
Aug 20, 2019, 11:14 AM
GOT WINGS
It has been very hot here, 105 to 110 most days with lots of wind. Haven't felt like getting out in the heat for much of anything. And now school has started again so have been very busy. Haven't flown in over two weeks. Maybe things will settle down and cool off soon.
Aug 20, 2019, 04:45 PM
Krotow
True about work. Had to implement new payment card terminal software updating support for my coworkers. Got some gotchas and spent a night in workplace to get in time with release. Another new encryption support implementation in card terminal ended with lengthy communication with First Data. If you don't know who they are - a company which basically pass through all payment transactions from cards issued by most western banks before they go further to Visa, MasterCard and issuer banks, so mine and probably yours too. They are telling me that I'm sending things which should look differently though I know that I'm sending them exactly as they asked. Got the impression that the guy on the other end doesn't understand to which window he should look. Wrote a complaint about that to my superiors at today. Well, screw them. I'm going to vacation till Sunday. To Poland at this time together with my youngest nephew (that same little flying guy). Time to do some underground exploration.
Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 AM
@Krotow: looking for Polish girls now? These are also in the Netherlands, many come here for work.

@SF: those temps would keep me locked inside too. When it was so hot around here, I only flew just before sunset, when I could stand in the shade of some trees, and then only for a few batteries.
Aug 25, 2019, 09:55 AM
Been trying a new nano camera recently, the Foxeer Predator 4. Here's the first flight, with stock settings, which are optimized for racing and spotting gates:

Testing the new Foxeer Predator 4 Nano, PAL, stock settings (3 min 35 sec)

And with different settings, that should make the colors more natural:

Foxeer Predator 4 Nano, trying some new settings for more natural colors (3 min 21 sec)

And a fun flight with the ER349:

Warm summer evening rip with the Eachine/Diatone ER349 (4 min 2 sec)
Aug 27, 2019, 02:55 PM
Krotow, didn't you also own a Bfight 210? Here's how mine flies now with different camera, soft mounted FC, different firmware and some re-tuning:

Bfight 210, soft mounted FC, and new PIDs (4 min 47 sec)
Sep 06, 2019, 12:09 PM
How about some music?

TheFatRat - MAYDAY feat. Laura Brehm (4 min 8 sec)

TheFatRat ft. Laura Brehm - The Calling (Live Acoustic Version) (3 min 44 sec)
Sep 07, 2019, 04:28 PM
Krotow
Quote:
Krotow, didn't you also own a Bfight 210? Here's how mine flies now with different camera, soft mounted FC, different firmware and some re-tuning:
I had Bfight 210 frame. Internals changed several times, though first version was quite near to original thing. Thing snapped arm some time ago and got dismantled to spare parts. In fact frame was quite good though on heavy side and assembling was a bit cumbersome. I believe that with 20x20mm FC and same size 4x1 ESC and micro format camera it can shine.

Music was nice and first video too. Thanks.
Sep 08, 2019, 02:39 AM
A 20mm conversion could indeed make it perform better, but it seems Furibee/Helifar/Excelvan has vanished from the surface of the earth...

Btw, did you spot the SOS messages being embedded in the MayDay song?
Sep 09, 2019, 10:06 AM
Krotow
Quote:
A 20mm conversion could indeed make it perform better, but it seems Furibee/Helifar/Excelvan has vanished from the surface of the earth...

Btw, did you spot the SOS messages being embedded in the MayDay song?
Definitely a SOS sequence at first seconds

Dang, just now noticed your conversion from Helifar (RIP Gearbest) to GEPRC Why not if thing become easier to handle and better overall. So far seen several promising builds that turned out not good only because manufacturer did unnecessary few $-s worth corner cutting.

Did you had a possibility to try new Skyzone SKY03O googles with OLED screens?

I definitely paid a little attention to flying things. Didn't thrown thing out of window yet, must have a bit more time, make repairs of 5" flying things and purchase fresh sets of 5" and 3" batteries. Honestly this summer appeared very expensive for me (and unfortunately Latvia is not true western income country yet despite of being EU member state). Some large non-hobby related purchases and repairs are still pending. In worst case I will return at next Spring.
Sep 09, 2019, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotow
Definitely a SOS sequence at first seconds

Dang, just now noticed your conversion from Helifar (RIP Gearbest) to GEPRC Why not if thing become easier to handle and better overall. So far seen several promising builds that turned out not good only because manufacturer did unnecessary few $-s worth corner cutting.

Did you had a possibility to try new Skyzone SKY03O googles with OLED screens?

I definitely paid a little attention to flying things. Didn't thrown thing out of window yet, must have a bit more time, make repairs of 5" flying things and purchase fresh sets of 5" and 3" batteries. Honestly this summer appeared very expensive for me (and unfortunately Latvia is not true western income country yet despite of being EU member state). Some large non-hobby related purchases and repairs are still pending. In worst case I will return at next Spring.

The conversion was mostly tried because on the stock X140 frame there was always part of the frame in view, felt like being in the cockpit of a tie fighter, And I like my view to be as clear as possible, which is where the GEPRC MX3 frame is really good. Here's a video of the X140 still on it's own frame:

Helifar X140 Pro - First FPV testing (*) (3 min 52 sec)

Other benefits would be a better VTX antenna placement, with the X140 Pro it was on one side, so often getting blocked by the frame. And it was pretty heavy, even with a 3S 850mAh, the flight times would barely get over 3 minutes. Plus it didn't look nearly as good as the MX3 frame.

What might also help is that the camera is higher up, combined with the metal frame, shifting the center of gravity more up, to compensate for the underslung battery. I do know that often people talk about top mounted battery for better freestyle performance. This may not be the same, but is probably better than a low profile frame with underslung battery.

Doesn't seem like I'll get a chance to have a look at the Skyzone 03O goggles, but it does seem that everyone is raving about it.

Hope you will not have more bad luck, and things will work out for the best, soon.

Quick Reply