View Poll Results: Hamsters Or Penguins ?
Hamsters 35 36.84%
Penguins 60 63.16%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by Lycan Animal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 18, 2019, 06:00 PM
Krotow
Solo, your piggies seems very relaxed I'm still curious how hairy they are.

Kreit, search in Google about your topic. There is is a plenty of stuff what you need.
Jul 18, 2019, 11:49 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotow
Solo, your piggies seems very relaxed I'm still curious how hairy they are.

Sometimes they chase around the cage and throw up the bedding, and sometimes they are super chill. These gp have hair dat goes in many different directions, Dutch call this breed "brush" type. There are also piggies with very long, wavy hair, some that resemble a teddy bear, with short hair, and some that have the very short and dense fur, which is probably the breed that is most well known. And for people who are allergic to animal hair, there is even a breed with no hair, just the whisker and a little moustache/beard-like stuff. These are called skinny pigs. The lack of fur makes these more susceptible to extreme temperatures, fur regulates body temp more easily, but often this breed tends to have very good character, and for some it's the only way to still have gp at home, and not be in constant allergic problems.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jul 20, 2019, 06:51 AM
Seems like US will invade Iran pretty soon. Only waiting is for finding enough justification to send in the missiles and so. Just like with Iraq, when intelligence claimed large amounts and active production of WMD, while post war inspections revealed nothing but some left over stuff from decades ago, often not even still in usable state.

On the positive note, it seems my crashed DT160 didn't suffer any real damage from dropping down when a prop exploded mid-air. Here's a first short test:

Testing the DT160 after repairing some crash damage (2 min 14 sec)
Jul 22, 2019, 12:07 PM
Cleaned the image sensor of the EOS2, now it has at least spotless image again:

HobbyMate Asteroid 3, again with EOS2, after cleaning dirt from image sensor (3 min 56 sec)

And maiden flight with the ER349, bought when it was on special sale, even cheaper than now with the coupon. Not much different from regular R349, maybe a bit more smooth:

First flight with the Eachine/Diatone ER349, stock PIDs, 3S 750mAh LiPo (3 min 39 sec)
Jul 23, 2019, 12:22 AM
I think Krotow found a nice Dutch girl, and is now unavailable for posting here.

That, or Kreit tazed him to test his home-made tazer...
Jul 23, 2019, 08:26 AM
GOT WINGS
May have found more than one Dutch girl, and had to go into hiding when they found out about each other.
Jul 23, 2019, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
May have found more than one Dutch girl, and had to go into hiding when they found out about each other.

Lol, that could also be the case. That one girl arrived too soon for the date, and the other left too late.
Jul 25, 2019, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier

I guess it's hard to type messages when you have 2 black eyes, because both ladies hit him with their handbags.
Jul 26, 2019, 05:48 PM
Some more playing with the ER349:

Eachine/Diatone ER349 - trying some custom PIDs (3 min 14 sec)
Jul 26, 2019, 09:41 PM
GOT WINGS
While you are suffering in high temperature heat this week, we have had highs at around 90F - 32C since about Monday. That is 5 to 10 degrees lower than normal for here in North Texas. Back around 100F - 37C next week.

I have been playing with my VRD2 goggles for a few days and trying a little FPV. Nothing exciting, just gentle flying. Took a while to figure out how to adjust the goggles, now I am trying some different antennas.
Jul 27, 2019, 12:18 AM
If you need some of our excess temperature, be my guest, we've had several days now that the temps have been close to or over 40C. Now it's 22C as lowest temp during the night, so not getting much sleep. The hot weather is also bad for pets, I read about several guinea pigs having died due to the heat. Above 30C they can quickly suffer from heat stroke, and die within a few hours sometime, if more suscecptible to high temps. We've had up to 30C inside, on the hottest time of the day yesterday, with a strict routine of keeping curtains closed and reduce going in and out of the house to the bare minimum, while keeping windows shut, to keep the hot air out. But many people, especially on high rise buildings, have had temps of over 35C inside, even quite early on the day, and no option to dump this excess heat.

Edit: made a new flight today with the ER349, before temps would rise too much outside again:

Flying the Eachine/Diatone ER349 on a windy summer morning (custom PIDs) (3 min 50 sec)
Last edited by SoloProFan; Jul 27, 2019 at 07:06 AM.
Jul 28, 2019, 12:05 PM
Krotow, if you go on honeymoon with a Dutch girl, at least you could have sent us a postcard.
Jul 30, 2019, 06:41 AM
How's the FPV coming along, SF?

Here's one flight of yesterday:

Evening rip with the Eachine/Diatone ER349 (3 min 51 sec)
Aug 05, 2019, 03:25 PM
Am I really the first to post here in August?
Aug 06, 2019, 07:23 AM
GOT WINGS
No, there are about a half dozen invisible posters.

Quick Reply