View Poll Results: Hamsters Or Penguins ?
Hamsters 35 36.84%
Penguins 60 63.16%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by Lycan Animal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 10, 2019, 04:14 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Eachine Wizard TS130, with LDARC 3050 and BF3.5.5 firmware. Came with 3.1.7 and zero tuning...

Eachine Wizard TS130 - Full flight, BF3.5.5, LDARC 3050, VTX set to 2nd power setting (4 min 5 sec)

The noise lines in FPV image are caused by the camera, fitted low ESR cap, no difference, replaced Foxeer Micro Arrow with RunCam Micro Swift clone, and no more noise...
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jul 10, 2019, 03:02 PM
Noise lines fixed with different camera:

Eachine Wizard TS130, FPV video noise fixed (2 min 15 sec)
Jul 11, 2019, 05:44 PM
Krotow
FTW I'm not dead yet. Only busy after vacation and completely ran out of money. And weather is a crap now for flying - too windy or rain every day here so far. At least someone have a good time Thanks for noticing about cameras. Seems useful for future.

Greetings to Dutch girls anyway
Jul 12, 2019, 05:44 AM
So you need a rich Dutch girl?

Here's a full flight with the TS130:

Eachine Wizard TS130 - Full flight with new camera (3 min 57 sec)
Jul 12, 2019, 04:41 PM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
So you need a rich Dutch girl?
Considering median income difference 3+ times between our countries and more in my job field, in comparing with me most Dutch girls are rich In woman I more like capacity of sane thinking (don't like stupid ones) and keeping herself and home in at least same order than I do (had problems with that in past, don't wan't it again). As you guess, would like to have some understanding about my hobby as well. Neat look is a bonus

Quote:
Here's a full flight with the TS130:
Seems you definitely fixed video issues. Except obstacles in way between you and quad no other disturbances was noticed. Nice. Only muted original soundtrack because Tomaso Albinoni Adagio Remix in background, felt better to this. Speaking of which accidentally discovered that your current king is a trance fan - sort of. Decent Benelux monarchies are funny bunch by the way. Most of them have ordinary jobs, yours was an airline pilot for two decades. Kinda rhymes with our hobby.

At least weather improve. At today it was already sunny and flyable, only cold. Still fighting with wireless router in hope to get good connection between guard's house and 4G router at pole in corner of our workplace courtyard. Same problems as we experience in FPV transmitting, bushes and walls reduce signal and WiFi speed rendering Full HD TV channels into jerky mess. Got an idea to try some my triple patch antennas to make link over 5G WiFi which also works in 5.8 GHz range better at tomorrow.
Jul 13, 2019, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotow
Considering median income difference 3+ times between our countries and more in my job field, in comparing with me most Dutch girls are rich In woman I more like capacity of sane thinking (don't like stupid ones) and keeping herself and home in at least same order than I do (had problems with that in past, don't wan't it again). As you guess, would like to have some understanding about my hobby as well. Neat look is a bonus

Seems you definitely fixed video issues. Except obstacles in way between you and quad no other disturbances was noticed. Nice. Only muted original soundtrack because Tomaso Albinoni Adagio Remix in background, felt better to this. Speaking of which accidentally discovered that your current king is a trance fan - sort of. Decent Benelux monarchies are funny bunch by the way. Most of them have ordinary jobs, yours was an airline pilot for two decades. Kinda rhymes with our hobby.

At least weather improve. At today it was already sunny and flyable, only cold. Still fighting with wireless router in hope to get good connection between guard's house and 4G router at pole in corner of our workplace courtyard. Same problems as we experience in FPV transmitting, bushes and walls reduce signal and WiFi speed rendering Full HD TV channels into jerky mess. Got an idea to try some my triple patch antennas to make link over 5G WiFi which also works in 5.8 GHz range better at tomorrow.

I think we can spare some regular income Dutch women. However, asking for a sane one, that's a bit over extending your wish list.

The video on the TS130 is perfect now. I could improve static when flying around obstacles by fitting Lollipop or Axii or similar, but already quite happy with the current performance. It went from average signal quality to one of the cleanest ones in my hangar, with this camera. In fact, the only things I would like to improve on the TS130 are flight times, and bearing quality of the motors. The quad flies smoothly, but the bearings don't feel great, bit more slop also on the axle than I'd like to see. And they draw more current than the 1408 on the R349, which translates to up to 1 minute more flight time, 3 1/2 minutes vs 4 1/2 on same battery.
Jul 13, 2019, 09:50 AM
Krotow
Quote:
I think we can spare some regular income Dutch women. However, asking for a sane one, that's a bit over extending your wish list.

The video on the TS130 is perfect now. I could improve static when flying around obstacles by fitting Lollipop or Axii or similar, but already quite happy with the current performance. It went from average signal quality to one of the cleanest ones in my hangar, with this camera. In fact, the only things I would like to improve on the TS130 are flight times, and bearing quality of the motors. The quad flies smoothly, but the bearings don't feel great, bit more slop also on the axle than I'd like to see. And they draw more current than the 1408 on the R349, which translates to up to 1 minute more flight time, 3 1/2 minutes vs 4 1/2 on same battery.
I agree that sane thinking is valuable asset nowadays Lack of knowledge in politics and public relations is not an issue while I can help to fill the gap and other side is willing to listen. But worst case is overall tendency to fall into environmentalist (usually something related to our imaginary pagan history) and esoteric extremes after their 30-ies. Especially last ones are simply weird.

So fly it like you stole it. And change motors after. At least we can buy pretty good ones at today.

Well, back to my routers (3 at my table now). I still have a hope to fly at this month
Jul 13, 2019, 12:11 PM
Quote:

So fly it like you stole it. And change motors after. At least we can buy pretty good ones at today.

The motors will probably last quite a time, usually these sloppy Eachine bearings just give a bit more vibration and noise but don't fail. Otherwise I'll probably fit Mamba 1408, these are about as fast, but bit more efficient.
Jul 13, 2019, 06:34 PM
Krotow
I would agree about Eachine motors not being too bad. They are cheapish and begin to rattle after some flights, but usually continue to work. Stock motors in coworker's X220 worked 2 years without problems until he lost this quad.

Seems I solved router configuration side. Mostly thanks to guys who wrote DD-WRT which is awesome over many stock firmwares in SOHO routers. At tomorrow I will try to mix WiFi with tripple patch If it will not work as expected, there is still a hope in tin cans. Anyway it was good enough to see 480 Mbps internet speed in my phone through two bridged routers. I hope that our courtyard TV's will be glad about it.
Jul 14, 2019, 01:58 PM
Don't drain all the content from the internet with that high speed connection, ok?

I made some changes to the mounting of the new camera on the TS130, now no more top deck in view of the camera:

Eachine Wizard TS130, camera mount modified, no more top deck in view (3 min 52 sec)
Jul 15, 2019, 05:37 PM
Krotow
Viewing your videos make me sad. So far can't see that I will find time for flying faster than end of July. At least was successful with my DD-WRT-ted router homebrew in practice. Having 4G WiFi AP in courtyard car park corner got 50 Mbps inside sauna at 25m distance and 20 Mbps in guard's house 45m away. Two FullHD TV's are happy now plus slow guard's house link still can cope FullHD resolution TV channel together with FullHD resolution video from YouTube in laptop nearby. Antennas matters! Both added routers have long high gain stick antennas that saved my day. I still have one spare 2.4 GHz router with internal antennas only. Seems if I will need another WiFi extender, this router will get cantenna or some tripple patch.
Jul 15, 2019, 10:02 PM
GOT WINGS
Sounds like some good work on the wifi antenna Krotow. I know antennas matter and they can be hard to get just right. Last fall I bought and installed a new over the air brodcast antenna for my TV. Took a full day 25 feet up on my rather steep roof. The 5 or 6 trips up and down wore me out. I get 18 broadcast digital channels when it works right, but after about 6 months it started going bad. I could rotate it from the ground then it lost power up at the antenna. Storm winds turned it about 90 degrees from where it should be pointing, so it doesn't pick up the 4 NBC channels very any more, but the other 14 channels are good. I experimented with placement of the inside antenna booster and found it works best when on the top of the TV. At least good enough that I don't have to climb up there to try to turn the antenna.

I went out with winds less than 5mph to flip and roll the EX2 Mini just before sundown. Was up about 20 feet when a nighthawk dove past the quad. Nighthawks make a zooming sound when diving, sounded almost like a small airplane making a strafing run. Came within about a meter of the quad. Then a group of about a dozen barn swallow started flying around the quad, checking it out. They took evasive maneuvers and scattered when I started doing flips and rolls. Kind of interesting, might try it again at that time of day to see if it is repeated. Managed 51 flips and rolls try number one and 36 on the second try. Didn't do as well with the GoolRC G90, but after the second crash I noticed the 2.4ghz antenna was dislodged and in danger of being cut by the props, so I took it in for adjustment. At least had some fun flying with very low winds.
Jul 16, 2019, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Viewing your videos make me sad. So far can't see that I will find time for flying faster than end of July.

On the one end, that shows that you can see the joy that I am having when flying this TS130. On the other hand, it also makes me feel sad that you are deprived of flying for so long. Hope your chances will improve, and you get to break, correction, fly some quads again.
Jul 17, 2019, 01:48 AM
No Pengster or Hamguin, but here are our current pair of guinea pigs:

Jul 18, 2019, 03:55 PM
Any electrical engineers. I have a quick question regarding a home made taser. Please pm me when you have a chance.
Thank you.

Quick Reply