View Poll Results: Hamsters Or Penguins ?
Hamsters 35 36.84%
Penguins 60 63.16%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by Lycan Animal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 03, 2019, 08:17 PM
GOT WINGS
Krotow, just buy her a new TV. But I guess they could be expensive there, here not so much.

I bought a new tool about a week ago, a variable speed scroll saw. I have one I used a few times to cut quad frames from clear poly carbonate(plexiglass), but it belonged to my grandfather and was over 50 years old. It kept breaking the blades the last time I tried to use it. My GoolRC G90 will need a new frame, an arm is cracked. I like the clear poly frames I have and would rather make my own. It takes time and work, but I enjoyed it when I did it before.
Harbor Freight sent a 25% off coupon for Memorial Day only and I used it, about $71 US plus tax. Variable speed, can use it for other projects too. Wanted one for a while. Here is a picture:
Name: scroll saw.jpg
Views: 4
Size: 200.6 KB
Description:
Jun 04, 2019, 12:42 AM
Krotow
Replacement TV purchase was already expected, but not before end of this July. I wish to buy new one for at least next 10-15 years so don't want to buy cheap anything that came up first. Old one managed to die a little to fast

Interesting tool. Seen something like that before and was curious what it can be
Jun 04, 2019, 01:21 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
If they make something that lasts 15 years, they can't sell you a new one every 5 years. And the company share holders don't approve of that...
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jun 04, 2019, 02:06 AM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
If they make something that lasts 15 years, they can't sell you a new one every 5 years. And the company share holders don't approve of that...
They can't sell anything if people does not have money to purchase things as well. Even didn't said nothing about pollution yet.
Last edited by Krotow; Jun 04, 2019 at 02:25 AM.
Jun 04, 2019, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotow
They can't sell anything if people does not have money to purchase things as well. Even didn't said nothing about pollution yet.

That is the challenge, make something that is just good enough to last till people have saved up money to buy new. So not too good, but also not too crappy.

Shareholders tend to care about pollution only if it helps with company image or yields more profit. And even with "clean" technology there are two sides to the story. Like how much pollution results from making batteries for those "clean" electric cars. And these batteries wear out too, so new ones need to be produced.
Jun 04, 2019, 07:09 PM
Krotow
My TV saga stopped in halfway so far. I bought some adapters from HDMI to DVI and VGA. I have 3 spare monitors - two 4:3 format 1280x1024 ones and 16:9 1440x900 one that is capable to display downscaled Full HD (1080p) picture. Both of them works with PC without problems. Also borrowed a PC speaker set. It turned out that these both works just fine with Android Media box over HDMI to VGA or DVI including audio over HDMI to VGA (that adapter have HDMI audio converter to analog stereo). However from TV decoder HDMI output both monitors remain blank. One though reported [email protected] (PAL) resolution coming from HDMI output. Then I remembered that ISP upgraded TV decoder to decent model a year ago and I had picture issues in old CRT TV due to too high picture resolution. Then ISP switched something in their side to send low resolution picture to me. Seems I should call them again and ask to do opposite thing.

By the way analog video from TV decoder SCART output came up in EV200D and Aomway Commander V1 googles through AV socket just fine Pity that googles are not good TV set replacement. No video through HDMI again though Media box video through HDMI was nice and clear in both googles. Seems PAL resolution over HDMI works only for TVs. At least now I know which my analog video cable works for FPV googles.

If someone wish to purchase Android media box like those you can see in Amazon or Banggood, don't hesitate and grab newest and fastest one. You will need that CPU power and extra RAM very soon when after next Android upgrade cycle new application versions will bloat and puff to roof again. My T95Z Plus is still fine for YouTube, web browsing and video file viewing up to 1080p. However it have only 2 GB RAM which become a bootleneck in some scenarios and older system seems lack some newer codecs. Wasn't able to play video in my ISP TV application though same application works just fine in Samsung S9+ phone. Although passed two levels in Angry Birds just for fun
Last edited by Krotow; Jun 04, 2019 at 07:19 PM.
Jun 05, 2019, 03:43 PM
Krotow
After phone call to my ISP about TV did a little experiment with decoder. Took it to my workplace and connected to several LCD monitors. In total 8 different models with various panel resolutions. It appeared that picture appear only in monitors where decoder is connected to DVI input and where DVI input support HDCP. So HDCP is the party pooper. Though it was expected that paid TV stream would have enabled copy protection. Well, I can live without TV for some time if I wouldn't find where to borrow compatible monitor for two months.
Jun 06, 2019, 04:16 AM
So, did you order that SailFly yet?

Ripping with the HappyModel SailFly-X, 3S, stock PIDs (4 min 40 sec)
Jun 06, 2019, 12:57 PM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
So, did you order that SailFly yet?
Nope. And I had not a time to fly so far either. In contrary we had big thunderstorm at today. Still +31C outside, but in addition is also wet and damp around. On street it feel like in bath I don't remember something like that in my country.

Registering into WhatsApp without smartphone is quite a challenge. My mother wanted to join into group of parents from her grandchildren class for talk about organizing events of school year ending and so on. She use old style cellphone without any "smartness" and don't want to use new style toucphones at all. However you can't register into WhatsApp without smartphone (you can use it from desktop browser later). So I temporary moved her SIM card into my old smartphone for registering. Had to cut card borders too because Mom's phone still had old style large SIM card. Moving that cut out card back to her old phone was even larger challenge. Fixed it in place with two piece of plastics at end.
Jun 08, 2019, 07:32 AM
Weather is crazy here, rain and stormy. This was yesterday, when we only had strong wind:

Eachine Wixard X140HV, 4S, windy conditions, LDARC 3050 props (3 min 5 sec)

Today even more windy, but got in a flight between the rainy moments:

Flying the Diatone R349 Rabbit in extremely windy conditions - Will it crash? (2 min 55 sec)
Jun 08, 2019, 11:15 AM
GOT WINGS
Weather here has been better, but very humid, and I sweat easily in humidity. It has continued to rain every few days, and this morning before sun up there was moderate fog, plus the grass stays wet until noon at least. 90'F yesterday, but the winds have been fairly light.

Finally got the Ex2 Mini out again this morning and practiced flips and rolls again. It had been over a week since last practice. Surprisingly, I took off the first try, did not crash, and did 87 flips in rolls before an unplanned landing. It did hit the ground once at around 50, but came back up and kept going. I am still a little jerky with the sticks, over correcting, and not moving them smoothly and gently. Too many years of flying self leveling quads.
Jun 08, 2019, 12:12 PM
You'll get there, SF. I've been flying many self leveling quads, even FPV at first, and now it just feels weird to fly that, unless LoS or indoor FPV, where acro mode gets out of control very easily. A friend and collegue also struggled to become smooth on the sticks, when he started flying, jerky turns, and even when he started with acro, you could see the "steps" in every move, steering too much, taking back, increasing, etc. But things are much better now.
Jun 08, 2019, 05:37 PM
Krotow
Acro need practicing and more practicing. SF, you will be just fine soon. In contrary I don't feel comfortably anymore with larger quads having stabilized mode turned on Only things I fly stabilized now is whoops inside house.

We had two half cloudy and windy last days. Still hot though - +27-29C. Still busy and can't figure out when I will get time to fly. Found another possible flying spot (these are becoming scarce in my city). Borrowed another CRT TV as temporary replacement of dead one. Thing was left at top of fridge in kitchen and was partially covered with grease. Spent 7 euro worth isopropyl alcohol bottle and quite a lot of computer cleaner liquid until got it usable state. However it now look like new

I see R349 fly in wind just fine
Jun 09, 2019, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotow
Acro need practicing and more practicing. SF, you will be just fine soon. In contrary I don't feel comfortably anymore with larger quads having stabilized mode turned on Only things I fly stabilized now is whoops inside house.

We had two half cloudy and windy last days. Still hot though - +27-29C. Still busy and can't figure out when I will get time to fly. Found another possible flying spot (these are becoming scarce in my city). Borrowed another CRT TV as temporary replacement of dead one. Thing was left at top of fridge in kitchen and was partially covered with grease. Spent 7 euro worth isopropyl alcohol bottle and quite a lot of computer cleaner liquid until got it usable state. However it now look like new

I see R349 fly in wind just fine

Indeed, after a while flying stabilized becomes unsettling and strange, and flying acro feels natural. Same as with you, indoor Whoops are still nice on Angle Mode, but outdoor FPV, I tried a few times, and it felt very strange, I only use Angle Mode there for LoS and landing.

Glad you got a solution for the TV problem.

R349, even on 3S, has very good wind fighting power. I did tune it differently, partiually because the stock PIDs are already a bit "loose" for 4S, let alone on 3S.
Jun 09, 2019, 04:41 AM
Krotow
Where you posted updated R349 PIDs?

Quick Reply