View Poll Results: Hamsters Or Penguins ?
Hamsters 35 37.63%
Penguins 58 62.37%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by Lycan Animal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 22, 2019, 01:45 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Made some progress with the Bfight 210. Here's a flight with a different camera:

Bfight 210, testing with newer firmware and camera (3 min 26 sec)

And another flight with the R349:

Diatone "Rabbit" R349, flying beneath an overcast sky (4 min 1 sec)
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
May 22, 2019, 02:14 AM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Made some progress with the Bfight 210. Here's a flight with a different camera:
And another flight with the R349:
Ugh, my eyes! Feel like after visiting a bad cofee shop. What is wrong with those cameras?
May 22, 2019, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotow
Ugh, my eyes! Feel like after visiting a bad cofee shop. What is wrong with those cameras?

Overcast Dutch skies maybe? Or YT processing wrecking the image. Make sure you set to 480p instead of auto, when watching. I've found that even on fast internet YT sometimes switches down to 360p or even 240p, when watching. Maybe they try to save their bandwicth usage.

The R349 uses the same Runcam as yours.
May 22, 2019, 03:07 PM
Hope this looks better on your screen:

Eachine Wizard X140HV - Test with 4S battery, stock PIDs (4 min 45 sec)
May 24, 2019, 04:26 PM
Krotow
Yep, this seems nice.

At this evening sacrificed two power cords to make charging from single power supply possible Details are in Mobula7 thread. Would like to buy a pack of another 1S batteries for Mobula7 - all stock batteries are nice chubby puffs now. However Banggood is empty again and price in local sources is twice more. Seems I should pause whooping and look into R349. Maybe I should get another 4S 3" with similar flight properties, but with flat top where HD camera mounting would be easier.

At tomorrow we have European Parliament Elections... I'm already curios to what they will turn out.
May 26, 2019, 12:27 PM
And, did the elections bring anything good? Usually the only things that change are the names, it seems.

Today it was windy, temps were ok, but apart from that it almost seemed autumn. Still, I had a new quad to test, so it went up against the wind. And did pretty good too:

First flight with the HappyModel SailFly-X, very windy conditions (3 min 16 sec)

And also took out an older quad, because it does so well in these conditions (basically in all conditions...)

Flying the Arris X140 in very windy conditions, Inverted Yaw Spin, Cartwheel, etc (3 min 27 sec)
May 26, 2019, 05:42 PM
R349 in same windy conditions:

Flying the Diatone Rabbit R349 in very windy conditions (4 min 8 sec)
May 27, 2019, 04:05 PM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
And, did the elections bring anything good? Usually the only things that change are the names, it seems.

Today it was windy, temps were ok, but apart from that it almost seemed autumn. Still, I had a new quad to test, so it went up against the wind. And did pretty good too:
From 8 seats reserved for Latvia, 2 goes to ETP, one to ALDE and two to ECR. These all are particularly good news for us. Last three are split between guy from Eastern autocracy style power vertical party with strong ties with Moscow, their sidekick for whom money outweigh all other meanings (from earlier corruption scandals guy unofficially have nickname "Mr. 20%" that is stuck to him) and one open Kremlin sympathizer with very long "history" which is worth of separate story (I'm honestly surprised, how these types got allowance to ballot even in our local elections). If I will be in mood, I can tell some stories about all of them. In contrary one of new ETP MEPs is former European commissioner who most likely will return in this post again. So he will be replaced with another person who by the way is also good news for us and in some degree also for NL because she is not from stubborn politically correct types and together with other things know very well about some hidden dangers for EU that come from side of our Eastern border and is not too shy to tell about that. Well, from what I see in latest news, in next years we will experience a lot of funny stuff. I hope that common sense will prevails, otherwise it will be a chaos.

Weather is a crap here starting from Sunday. Evening was better, but wind very strong. From news look like this will continue until weekend which is already reserved. No flying for me until next weekend then.
May 27, 2019, 06:06 PM
Time will tell...

It was also still windy here, but not too bad:

Diatone R349 aka "The Flying Rabbit" in pretty windy conditions (4 min 4 sec)

HappyModel Sailfly-X on 2S 300mAh GNB battery (2 min 19 sec)
May 28, 2019, 02:44 PM
GOT WINGS
Weather here has been bad too. Winds that never seem to go below 15mph for at least the last 5 days, even starting out in the morning and into thenight. 20mph or more most of the day. And thunderstorms plus rain almost daily. Right now it is 90'F(32'C?), winds at around 20mph, and humidity probably over 60 %. Haven't flown anything in about a week.
May 28, 2019, 04:42 PM
Krotow
At today +11C and rain for a half of day. It is still raining and it will continue for next 2-3 days until anticyclone from western direction will arrive. Next week seems particularly busy. I probably will have time for flying only after 2 weeks or so.
May 29, 2019, 01:40 AM
I almost feel guilty for having decent weather here.
May 29, 2019, 08:27 AM
GOT WINGS
Got up late this morning because school ended last week. Looked out the window and saw that there was almost no wind and thought maybe I could fly this morning. Ten minutes later it started raining, and radar looks like it could rain all morning at least.
May 29, 2019, 06:41 PM
Krotow
I feel sorry for your weather. We had rain from morning till afternoon. However at 5 PM Sun came out so we had nice clear though very cold and windy evening. If weather will continue to improve, weekend may be good for flying again. Let see.

Good news for us here again. At today we had presidential elections. It seems that our parliament members and common political culture in Latvia at last improved enough to avoid favouritism and bargaining that plagued all previous presidential elections from here still from independence restoration. They chose man who certainly know what state president is, what he must do and how to communicate with any sorts of people. He wrote our Declaration of Independence at 1990 and put a lot of effort into our current Constitution by the way. We had two and a half worthy presidents during regaining of independence an I believe that this one will be the best.

Good night story about that "half of president". He got elected in 2007 after bargaining between two major parties who had strong backing from local oligarchy. They make deal in Riga Zoo which already turned our hero in funny light. Plus his wife had huge ambitions of power. That all produced a lot of local memes about him. World crisis happened soon, that caused people here to rethink many things until they realized that living under oligarchy and paying their bills for nothing is not nice at all. Next parliament elections visibly decimated power of our oligarchy, but they was still strong. Then protests started. Mostly peaceful though one harsh evening happened with beaten glass and turned around cars. Then our hero who supposedly was oligarch's puppet, said that he have enough and kicked his masters out of parliament. Oligarchs lost direct influence to control power in Latvia and despite all attempts their influence faded away. Today's presidential elections clearly stated that things become good at last. I hope that it will continue like that.
May 29, 2019, 08:00 PM
GOT WINGS
Hope you get a chance to fly Krotow. Hope you and your country prospers with your leadership. I know what lousy leadership can do to a country and it's economy, US is doing fairly well right now.

Rain stopped here just before noon, sky cleared up, and winds remained light. Waited until about an hour ago, then took the EX2 out for some acro los practice. It has been long enough that I did poorly at first, then started getting the feel of the sticks again, and managed 30 flips and rolls in a row before mild crash. Went at it again, and after about 10 flips and rolls, I let it get too high and too far away for line of sight. Crashed out in the ripened wheat field. I tried to pay close attention to where it went down, but had to take my eye off of it to watch where I was walking. Took me about 30 minutes to find it and it was on top of wheat that was bent over. It was farther out by about 5 meters than I thought. Wish they could harvest that wheat so I had a clear field to fly over again. There was water standing in puddles all around where I crashed, so it could have been much worse.

Quick Reply