View Poll Results: Hamsters Or Penguins ?
Hamsters 35 36.84%
Penguins 60 63.16%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Lycan Animal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 15, 2019, 05:14 PM
GOT WINGS
siriusflier's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Rain? So you got that shower after all?
What is this shower thing you post about?

I did move my car out from under the carport to get it washed.

I heard about Notre Dame burning and something about it might have started where they were doing construction or renovation. Haven't heard much yet though.

I wonder if Gearbest might be making a profit on the data breech?

Wanted to go out and fly a little, but wind is 20 to 30 mph. Will wait and see around sundown.

Nice looking Bday present Krotow, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
Apr 15, 2019, 07:32 PM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
What is this shower thing you post about?

I did move my car out from under the carport to get it washed.

I heard about Notre Dame burning and something about it might have started where they were doing construction or renovation. Haven't heard much yet though.

I wonder if Gearbest might be making a profit on the data breech?

Wanted to go out and fly a little, but wind is 20 to 30 mph. Will wait and see around sundown.

Nice looking Bday present Krotow, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
B-day will be in Thursday. But thanks anyone

Curiously that renovations sometimes do even more harm, especially if workers doesn't care about safety. Old dry wood and loose welding doesn't mix. In last autumn tower of Pinki church 10 km from my house also burned down during renovation (open fire used in repair and very strong wind in that day was the main cause). Renovation in Riga Castle 6 years ago also turned into enormous fire that started after cutting away obsoleted steel parts with angle grinder. Part where President's apartments and premises for formal ceremonies are was left without roof, badly burned and got soaked. National museum in opposite side was evacuated ASAP so exhibits wasn't damaged too much. In end castle renovation turned into capital reconstruction of burned castle part for next 3 years. Job was done well including correction of some old design flaws. People who works in historical and restoration areas told that reconstructed part look even more authentic now. Funny story about those flaws: in end of 18 century Russian governor during rebuilding did some corner cutting, particularly in White Hall building. Hall hadn't some expected original design parts and part of ornaments in reality was made from paper mache. All of that is now added as expected in original blueprints. I was in castle after restoration - definitely look good.
Apr 16, 2019, 08:14 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
What is this shower thing you post about?

No worries, as long as you keep downwind of anyone with working smell, it's ok.


I think these renovation guys are hired by building companies, and bribed to burn down stuff, so the builders have more work.

Joking aside, it's a massive loss for Paris to see such an iconic building getting mostly destroyed.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Apr 16, 2019, 11:56 AM
Krotow
I agree about renovation jobs as sabotage in disguise In reality renovation on lowest bidder often is a disaster. Seems renovation and repairs on significant historical sites and buildings should have more control and more responsible people to do these jobs. It will cost more, but will do less harm. Now I'm happy that I been in Notre Dame even twice before disaster happened. I'm sure that it will be restored though it will take quite a lot of time. Probably 10 or more years. And without historical items that perished in fire. Of course great fires happened before razing entire cities to ground and we are happy that with today's technological level we have some possibilities to localize and extinguish large fires. Those people some centuries ago lacked even that.

At evening took Mobula repair parts out from post office. Now I should get a free evening for drown nephew's Mobula restoring.

Name: Image00001.jpg
Views: 9
Size: 495.1 KB
Description:

At least now I have proper canopy for EOS2 camera where cam is attached to canopy with stock M2 screws. No more flaky tiny screw hinges which are done after few rough landings. This too came from Trashcan together with F4 FC. Funny how my Mobula7 slowly but surely is turning into Trashcan Though I noticed that Fappymodel now sell same Crazybee F4 FC as Mobula7 upgrade FC. I believe they are doing that because price difference is some bucks, but Betaflight upgrades will came only for F4 and newer FCs. No sense to make F3s anymore and have issues with custom firmwares.
Last edited by Krotow; Apr 16, 2019 at 05:29 PM.
Apr 17, 2019, 10:26 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
The French say it can be restored in 5 years, to be ready for the Olympics. Many donations have been done already.

Meanwhile some more R349 and Leader 3:

Trying some acro moves with the Diatone R349 (4 min 20 sec)


Flying on a sunny evening in spring 2019 with the FullSpeed Leader 3 (4 min 22 sec)
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Apr 17, 2019, 11:19 AM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
The French say it can be restored in 5 years, to be ready for the Olympics. Many donations have been done already.
Then let see how it will be done IRL. Good news is that many internationally famous architecture objects nowadays have photos and often structure scans as well which allow to know how they was after such disasters. Of course, precise copy is just a copy, but better than nothing. By the way I knew about Assassins Creed - that game have astonishingly precise representations of some famous historical buildings.

Look like restoring will become a huge PR campaign of some sponsors too

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Meanwhile some more R349 and Leader 3:
Lucky you. I still have no idea when I will have time and particularly place where to repair my 5" quads (both are out of order). At least weather improved. +13C at today all day long. That is more like to usual weather here. I'm curious about this summer. Are it will be like last summer which was outstandingly good for flying? Though usually Uncle Murphy is strong here so this summer probably will be something like suitable only for submarines and dirt bikes.
Apr 18, 2019, 03:39 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
5 years does sound very optimistic. But at least the money seems no issue, donations keep coming.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Apr 18, 2019, 07:19 AM
Krotow
Solo, you have GT R349. Where you attached the receiver? I want to add R-XSR to my R349. VTX antenna in current position also seems a bit too "horizontal". In fact Micro AXII would be better choice.
Apr 18, 2019, 08:11 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotow
Solo, you have GT R349. Where you attached the receiver? I want to add R-XSR to my R349. VTX antenna in current position also seems a bit too "horizontal". In fact Micro AXII would be better choice.

They want you to strap the R-XSR to the back, on that small clear plastic plate. I installed XM+ on top of stack, tight fit but it works:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...in-progress%29


Just cut zip tie holding the VTX antenna and either let it run free, or use new zip tie on the hole where the antenna sticks through the canopy.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Apr 18, 2019, 08:54 AM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
They want you to strap the R-XSR to the back, on that small clear plastic plate. I installed XM+ on top of stack, tight fit but it works:
Erm... I don't have XM+. But still have 3 vacant R-XSR's. Will try to put one of them inside. Maybe I will found a spot above stack where it will not stuck against top plastic cover (bye bye stock softmounting then). By the way I can remove the JST socket, without it R-XSR is not larger than XM+.

I still have one XM but 1 )it is already mounted in 2.5" quad and 2) after lost 125H quad at Spring 2018 because of RXLOSS failsafe I don't want to use single receiver without diversity in quad with carbon frame anymore. Particularly noticed XM having another glitch - it is very eager to failsafe on slight voltage fluctuations in 5V rail. Had some unexpected hard crashes while XM's was installed in 5" quads because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Just cut zip tie holding the VTX antenna and either let it run free, or use new zip tie on the hole where the antenna sticks through the canopy.
I don't like dangling VTX antennas. Very easy to lose them. But hey - I can drill another hole behind antenna cable hole and install ZIP tie where VTX antenna can be attached. Plastic even don't require a drill for that - have a reamer that had proven itself for 3+ years.
Apr 19, 2019, 01:44 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotow
Erm... I don't have XM+. But still have 3 vacant R-XSR's. Will try to put one of them inside. Maybe I will found a spot above stack where it will not stuck against top plastic cover (bye bye stock softmounting then). By the way I can remove the JST socket, without it R-XSR is not larger than XM+.

I still have one XM but 1 )it is already mounted in 2.5" quad and 2) after lost 125H quad at Spring 2018 because of RXLOSS failsafe I don't want to use single receiver without diversity in quad with carbon frame anymore. Particularly noticed XM having another glitch - it is very eager to failsafe on slight voltage fluctuations in 5V rail. Had some unexpected hard crashes while XM's was installed in 5" quads because of that.



I don't like dangling VTX antennas. Very easy to lose them. But hey - I can drill another hole behind antenna cable hole and install ZIP tie where VTX antenna can be attached. Plastic even don't require a drill for that - have a reamer that had proven itself for 3+ years.

XM is marketed as "full range" but I found it getting 150m at best. I only use it on quads with limited VTX range.

The FC remains soft mounted, even if the receiver touches the VTX and canopy.

Securing VTX antenna is better, naturally.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Old Apr 19, 2019, 07:39 AM
lulzsekgroups
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam).
Apr 19, 2019, 12:03 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Who said pigs can't fly?

When (RC) pigs FLY.... 🐷 (10 min 32 sec)
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Apr 19, 2019, 05:02 PM
Krotow
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. True to quadcopters as well
Apr 21, 2019, 10:27 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotow
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. True to quadcopters as well

Speaking of animals, did you fly your "Rabbit" yet? Here's mine, doing bunny hop, quadcopter style:

Just some "hopping around" with the Diatone R-349 "Rabbit" (3 min 57 sec)
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools