View Poll Results: Hamsters Or Penguins ?
Hamsters 35 36.84%
Penguins 60 63.16%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by Lycan Animal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 28, 2019, 03:57 AM
Krotow
Are those props Dalprop T3056C? Nice - I already ordered 4 sets in same order with R349.

Which batteries you are using in Leader 3? It look like 3..4S quad.

Accidentally noticed this rubber motor plane in Banggood. Didn't expected something like that coming up. We made these from sticks and paper in my school years. No flapping wings then, but a light propeller.
Mar 28, 2019, 08:56 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotow
Are those props Dalprop T3056C? Nice - I already ordered 4 sets in same order with R349.

Which batteries you are using in Leader 3? It look like 3..4S quad.

Accidentally noticed this rubber motor plane in Banggood. Didn't expected something like that coming up. We made these from sticks and paper in my school years. No flapping wings then, but a light propeller.

Yep, the T3056C indeed. These have lower max current draw than the 3052, but still quite fast. So far, with the raised P-terms, it seems to fly quite well.

The Leader 3 can handle 3S and 4S. I fly it on 3S, and it works fine for me. On 4S, the new motors should handle this, but might run a bit hotter than on 3S, if using the stock 3 inch props.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Mar 28, 2019, 09:03 AM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Yep, the T3056C indeed. These have lower max current draw than the 3052, but still quite fast. So far, with the raised P-terms, it seems to fly quite well.

The Leader 3 can handle 3S and 4S. I fly it on 3S, and it works fine for me. On 4S, the new motors should handle this, but might run a bit hotter than on 3S, if using the stock 3 inch props.
Can you share PIDs for R349 with T3056C props?

Leader 3 seems more like 3S flyer for me. But 4500KV motors certainly are for 4S.

I have DYS 6500KV motors in fried 2.5" quad from last year. Because it is basically a non-sellable junk now, will try to build it as new 2.5/3" quad on 3S
Mar 28, 2019, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotow
Can you share PIDs for R349 with T3056C props?

Leader 3 seems more like 3S flyer for me. But 4500KV motors certainly are for 4S.

I have DYS 6500KV motors in fried 2.5" quad from last year. Because it is basically a non-sellable junk now, will try to build it as new 2.5/3" quad on 3S

Sure, no problem, all info is in this thread, the Diatone tuning suggestions, which I am currently using with the T3056C, as well as my tuning attempt for the 3028 props: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...in-progress%29
Mar 31, 2019, 04:36 PM
Krotow
At Sunday unexpected very strong wind gust threw nephew's just landed Mobula7 from ground to a big row with water some 40 meters away. Kid just took googles off. We found poor whoop only after a half of hour. Thing fell in water with attached battery so it was obviously dead. Now it dries on table, though I don't give high hope that it will fly again with that soaked FC and camera.
Last edited by Krotow; Apr 01, 2019 at 04:20 AM.
Mar 31, 2019, 04:49 PM
GOT WINGS
If it dries well, the FC could very well work, camera not as likely, but dry it good. Put it in a sack of rice, the rice will absorb the moisture.
Mar 31, 2019, 04:53 PM
Krotow
If it will not come alive, it is a time to put F4 FC in it. Yes, camera may be kaput. It smell funny. Luckily I have all parts. Except FC.
Apr 01, 2019, 12:34 AM
Best way to draw out the moisture is put in a towel or bag with rice. It sucks out the water, so to say.

Still, since it was under power for a while, before being rescued, the risks on something gotten damaged, are real.
Apr 01, 2019, 05:38 AM
Krotow
More like only motors and non-electronic parts are survived. I'll check that at evening, but don't hope that boards are in usable state after being 25+ minutes submerged in dirty water under power. Don't like that familiar smell. In case of anything ordered new F4 FC (Frsky-nonEU). Also 3 new white v2 frames. Accidentally broke one - didn't noticed bag with quad left under heavy hard things in car trunk. White frames is easier to spot too. I would probably miss black frame under water on dark row bottom.
Ordered also EOS2 Trashcan canopy. This canopy is better for EOS2 camera because size and frame screw hole places is same that in Mobula7 canopy, but camera tilt and fastening happen with camera screws instead of small "hinge" screws at bottom of camera "hood". Those little screws become loose and aren't possible to tighten anymore after few crashes - same problem persists in Mobula7 stock canopy.
Apr 05, 2019, 04:28 AM
How did it work out with the M7 that took a dive?
Apr 05, 2019, 05:02 AM
Krotow
Burried under work. Borked new software release and lost two evenings doing fixes. At yesterday got back home near midnight. So nothing was done for M7. At least spare FC for worst case are in way.

Ordered GT R349 came in motion too. Probably will be here in a week or two. Pity that I don't have 4S 850 mAh batteries and not much money left from last purchases. Though I have a bunch of 3S ones. Will start slow then

Due to upcoming phone repairs an overall wish to have better tools decided to try iFixit stock. Ordered basic toolkit and openers. Choose them because one of phones is expensive Note 8 and because from current experience I came to conclusion that glued device openers definitely must be good. They have store in Europe too so shipment doesn't cost a fortune (9.80 EUR instead of +/- 30 EUR from US) and no worries about dealing with customs. Shipment from Amazon is a robbery (13 EUR per one item, why?) and good stuff from eBay to Latvia also have high shipment cost so no deal here. Purchase arrived after a week. First look was pleasing. Look nice and feel comfortable. Completely cracked up when noticed "Repair is noble" at back side of prying cards and spudgers. Seems a bit overexaggerated devotion to fix things to me

Name: Image00001.jpg
Views: 8
Size: 252.6 KB
Description: Name: Image00002.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 245.3 KB
Description: Name: Image00003.jpg
Views: 8
Size: 273.4 KB
Description: Name: Image00004.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 463.3 KB
Description:

Plastic bits are born in China. But noticed differences with tools bought in Banggood and Gearbest earlier straight away. iFixit tools are clearly made from different materials. Plastic bits are more elastic, but still strong. Look like plastic choice for prying tools is made in way to have tool being able to flex if some device part is too hard to open without breaking the device. And they are more comfortable in hand and doesn't have cheap "plastic feel". Certainly is not a wish to make tools cheap as possible - I like that. At least I now know from what Chinese are copying tool design for their cheap tools. Interesting that iFixit toolkit tweezers and cheap 2$ tweezers from Gearbest appeared not so different in use. Except those cheap tweezers have softer metal and thin sides. But for general electronic repair tasks - moving wires and scrapping flux residues from boards - they are good enough and proven being good in all mine quad builds/repairs (even have them in bag for field repairs). iFixit tweezers are stronger and easier to hold though so more precise and I believe that they really are ESD safe so better for phones.
Last edited by Krotow; Apr 05, 2019 at 07:33 AM.
Apr 08, 2019, 07:28 PM
GOT WINGS
Some interesting tools, Krotow. One can never have too many tools. After living in the country and farming for 40+ years, plus doing almost all of my own mechanic, plumbing, and electrical work, I probably literally have over a ton of tools. Got a small cut on my left middle finger two days ago while manufacturing a part for a small trailer I have. Could have bought something I could use, but like the part I made better than anything I could have bought.

Got a new quad that I have to fly with my thumbs, the Hubsan H109, and dumb thumbed it the first two times I tried to fly it. Too much GPS assisted flying lately. First time it took me about an hour to find it, then only found it after it got dark and I saw the LEDs flashing. Second time crashed it about 10 feet up in a tree, had to go borrow a pole to get it out, broke a prop that time. Third time I had to quit after just a few minutes, no crash, but I couldn't stand the gnats swarming around my face.

This afternoon it was about 80'F with no wind, but if I stood outside for 2 minutes I started to get swarmed by those gnats, so I did not want to try to fly. Those gnats are what we call buffalo gnats. They swarm any exposed skin, leave painful, itching bites, and will fly into your eyes,nose, and mouth. Seems like they are only around a few weeks every spring, but when they are, they are a real nuisance to outdoor activity.
Apr 10, 2019, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier

This afternoon it was about 80'F with no wind, but if I stood outside for 2 minutes I started to get swarmed by those gnats, so I did not want to try to fly. Those gnats are what we call buffalo gnats. They swarm any exposed skin, leave painful, itching bites, and will fly into your eyes,nose, and mouth. Seems like they are only around a few weeks every spring, but when they are, they are a real nuisance to outdoor activity.

One benefit of FPV flying, no exposed eyes and less face skin. Maybe use one of those nets that they use when sleeping in insect infested areas, and make a cage around you with it? Or take a shower?
Apr 10, 2019, 04:38 AM
Krotow
You are correct about tools - they will never be too much

FPV and biting insects happen quite often in our climate. Latvia also experience gnats in spring, usually in May and first days of June around water. Nasty things, cattle farmers has severe problems with them each year. So far insect spray did a job to allow me fly outside for 2..3 hours without being bitten.
Apr 10, 2019, 08:45 AM
GOT WINGS
A shower? What is that?

Actually, I have a vanilla spray that will keep those gnats away, but the smell gets a little irritating.

Quick Reply