View Poll Results: Hamsters Or Penguins ?
Hamsters 35 37.23%
Penguins 59 62.77%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by Lycan Animal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 11, 2015, 04:27 AM
Vox Furry Regem
Thread OP
Well Allbuy made good on the refund. Now what to spend it on? Ideas ?
Dec 11, 2015, 05:02 AM
Vox Furry Regem
Thread OP
https://i.imgur.com/W18wNle.gifv
Dec 11, 2015, 06:40 AM
Drone Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan Animal
Great Vids all round. Big family guy fan myself. But often ask myself why?.

Brian the dog cracks me up!.

What to buy?. Difficult to say. But wouldn't go for the Sux-300-2 from GB, as they have admitted they don't have any in red or white. I bet the same goes for loads of other stuff. Cant say am over chuffed.

M18 arrived yesterday. Its a cool quad, but NOT a sports flyer. Only 2 speeds, with a Syma X8 style "You have applied rearward pitch, but am going to keep on trucking until the inertia stops" flight mode.

The first quad i have owned (Including my GPS stuff) that flies for so long you actually get bored. Totally superb lights tho!.
Dec 11, 2015, 06:53 AM
Vox Furry Regem
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runner 350
Great Vids all round. Big family guy fan myself. But often ask myself why?.

Brian the dog cracks me up!.

What to buy?. Difficult to say. But wouldn't go for the Sux-300-2 from GB, as they have admitted they don't have any in red or white. I bet the same goes for loads of other stuff. Cant say am over chuffed.

M18 arrived yesterday. Its a cool quad, but NOT a sports flyer. Only 2 speeds, with a Syma X8 style "You have applied rearward pitch, but am going to keep on trucking until the inertia stops" flight mode.

The first quad i have owned (Including my GPS stuff) that flies for so long you actually get bored. Totally superb lights tho!.
Frankenquad !

Damn SUX 300 - 2 was high on my list. Let's see, between micro and mini, sporty, good range, good LEDs. Cool looking even quirky. Something 'different' in some way.
Dec 11, 2015, 07:05 AM
Drone Collector
Quote:
Frankenquad !

Damn SUX 300 - 2 was high on my list. Let's see, between micro and mini, sporty, good range, good LEDs. Cool looking even quirky. Something 'different' in some way.
Maybe someone else has the SuX 2. I have a feeling you know, they cant make this stuff fast enough to fulfill demand. Did you ever pick up the Captn America crazy quad?..forget what it called.
Dec 11, 2015, 07:09 AM
Vox Furry Regem
Thread OP
Quote:
Maybe someone else has the SuX 2. I have a feeling you know, they cant make this stuff fast enough to fulfill demand. Did you ever pick up the Captn America crazy quad?..forget what it called.
Nah, FFRC's review described a few problem issues for me. That super fast yaw was cool on the first quad I got that had it but the novelty sure wears off quick.

http://techcresendo.com/2015/12/10/n...s-it-can-swim/

New Underwater Drone Flies AND Swims (2 min 13 sec)
Dec 11, 2015, 07:10 AM
Vox Furry Regem
Thread OP
Yu Xiang 668-A3 Quick Review (7 min 37 sec)

I'm actually surprised he says it's a nice quad after pointing out the throttle dropouts, LED problems, gyro problems, headless and RTH problems, battery cage problems etc etc. At what stage do you say "It's broken don't buy it" ?
Last edited by Lycan Animal; Dec 11, 2015 at 07:21 AM.
Dec 11, 2015, 07:16 AM
Drone Collector
Quote:
Nah, FFRC's review described a few problem issues for me. That super fast yaw was cool on the first quad I got that had it but the novelty sure wears off quick.

http://techcresendo.com/2015/12/10/n...s-it-can-swim/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC9EJhs0pc0
Yea, saw the little video of this. Cool. Those esc's and motors must be working overtime to overcome the water drag. Interesting concept. I thought the Aviax H2O did all that?.

Will keep an eye out for something interesting for you. What about one of those Weird Cheerson jobbies (Tricopter)?. Live dangerously?
Dec 11, 2015, 07:20 AM
Drone Collector
Quote:
Yea, sorry mate. I actually saw this vid (Dementia setting in). Back to the drawing board i guess.
Dec 11, 2015, 07:25 AM
Vox Furry Regem
Thread OP
Quote:
Yea, sorry mate. I actually saw this vid (Dementia setting in). Back to the drawing board i guess.
It seems free quads means more forgiving of issues that are a deal breaker for me? Not impugning he's reputation just that when you buy it, wait 4 weeks and it has that many issues, I wouldn't be impressed. My review would be park it in a tree and walk off.
Dec 11, 2015, 07:30 AM
Drone Collector
Quote:
It seems free quads means more forgiving of issues that are a deal breaker for me? Not impugning he's reputation just that when you buy it, wait 4 weeks and it has that many issues, I wouldn't be impressed. My review would be park it in a tree and walk off.
+1, if i was ever asked to do a review, i would honestly end by saying "Its rubbish", or "Its great, buy it". As you say, there is always the thank you factor built in.
Dec 11, 2015, 07:36 AM
Drone Collector
What about this for a cheapy. Think the price has gone down lately. IF they have it.

http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_228957.html

Maybe you have got to the stage a nice 250 fpv brushless monster is on the agenda?.

Have always liked TFF, but now you mention it...
Dec 11, 2015, 07:52 AM
Vox Furry Regem
Thread OP
Quote:
What about this for a cheapy. Think the price has gone down lately. IF they have it.

http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_228957.html

Maybe you have got to the stage a nice 250 fpv brushless monster is on the agenda?.

Have always liked TFF, but now you mention it...
Big drop on this one too;

http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_226500.html
Dec 11, 2015, 08:36 AM
Drone Collector
Quote:
That looks neat.

Think your wanting a bigger one (quad) this time tho?. As mentioned, maybe splash the cash, and go the 250 route?. Its only money!
Dec 11, 2015, 08:53 AM
Vox Furry Regem
Thread OP
Quote:
That looks neat.

Think your wanting a bigger one (quad) this time tho?. As mentioned, maybe splash the cash, and go the 250 route?. Its only money!
Devo would come first. Was just looking to spend the $50 AUD I got refund. Xmas coming up and all. May leave it in PayPal 'til I see something and go that's nifty! Sorry false alarm.

Now back to hamsters...............

Quick Reply