View Poll Results: Hamsters Or Penguins ?
Hamsters 39 38.24%
Penguins 63 61.76%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by Lycan Animal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 28, 2017, 02:02 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Ah, that is why I couldn't find any other review threads for the X21, when I did a search before starting my review thread. You posted it in the 150 and bigger subforum, but basically this is a 90 size quad, when you check distance between motors diagonally.

So yours also didn't come with camera? I was already wondering where they had put the camera, all I see up front is a nice bright white led.
May 28, 2017, 03:22 AM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
This short video took over an hour to upload on my crappy internet service:
https://youtu.be/mYK9oVEtlcE
Are this really is a view from Texas? Much more look like our rural area, even tractors are similar to ones from last Soviet Era years
May 28, 2017, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotow
Are this really is a view from Texas? Much more look like our rural area, even tractors are similar to ones from last Soviet Era years

That's due to the Russian influence on the USA.
May 28, 2017, 08:07 AM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
That's due to the Russian influence on the USA.
I didn't mind Russia on that I'll wouldn't wish to touch politics - Baltic States and Russia is one of political flame topics, please don't. We share some landscapes and views with Russia - that is true. Tractors which I had in mind is a legacy from Soviet Era kolkhozes. Those things was hard so not all of them are broken an some are still working in private farms. BTW in Latvia plenty of similar landscapes from photo are located some 70-120 km from Riga in west and south-west direction. In comparing with Texas we miss only tornadoes and summers are colder in average.
May 28, 2017, 08:44 AM
GOT WINGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotow
Yes , that video is from rural Texas. As you can see, I have almost unlimited space to fly here right outside my back door.
The tractors are from the 1970s. The white one was new in 1975 and I used it until about 3 years ago when the wiring caught on fire and burned everything under the dashboard. The other tractor is a 1973 model and a main gear broke on it about 15 years ago. The white one weighs 15,000 pounds. Both are Case tractors. The fire forced my retirement from farming. The tractors that farm this land now cost upwards from $200,000 and are equipped with computers and GPS. The GPS and computer record the path of the tractor and the tractor can come back months later and travel within inches of the same path it took before.

I looked for the micro sub forum when I posted the E012 review thread, not sure if I posted it in the right place either.
Latest blog entry: UMX Air Tractor BNF
May 28, 2017, 09:21 AM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
Yes , that video is from rural Texas. As you can see, I have almost unlimited space to fly here right outside my back door.
The tractors are from the 1970s. The white one was new in 1975 and I used it until about 3 years ago when the wiring caught on fire and burned everything under the dashboard. The other tractor is a 1973 model and a main gear broke on it about 15 years ago. The white one weighs 15,000 pounds. Both are Case tractors. The fire forced my retirement from farming. The tractors that farm this land now cost upwards from $200,000 and are equipped with computers and GPS. The GPS and computer record the path of the tractor and the tractor can come back months later and travel within inches of the same path it took before.

I looked for the micro sub forum when I posted the E012 review thread, not sure if I posted it in the right place either.
You definitely can test anything that flies here Remembered about guy who built a cruise missile in his back yard. Tractors from 1970-s - I thought exactly about those things. Particularly about MTZ-50. These are still working in some places. Tractors and combines with GPS and remote control are now persists in our fields as well - mostly in those big ones, where field configuration is not so difficult and farm owners can afford them.

E012 are even smaller than E010 and F36. I see that E012 have different propeller shape, seems those can generate more lift. Are they have same 615 motors?
May 28, 2017, 09:44 AM
GOT WINGS
The motors on the E012 are 612s but there is actually room in the motor mounts to add 615 motors with a small modification. I was totally unimpressed with E010 and after doing extensive mods to it, I gave up on it. The E012 is a much better quad in my opinion.
May 28, 2017, 11:46 AM
indeed nice, but fpv with the small props? i dont know.
Eachine E012 Review and comparison (7 min 1 sec)
May 28, 2017, 02:37 PM
http://www.gamiss.com/rc-toys-11589/product567440/

Fury bee 8€, 9$ aprox.

1 register
2 verify email
3 complete your profile
4 add photo to your profile
5 add fury bee to your cart apply coupon APRILNEW14 and proceed to checkout
6 complete shipping data
7 quit assurance
8 apply 120 points
May 28, 2017, 04:51 PM
Krotow
Are here someone with a bigger experience in flying stuff tuning can say a word? I converted mine XK X250 to Acro again It flies, but have wobbling in Horizon and in Acro eat 780 mAh battery empty in 2-3 minutes. About wobbling I'm not sure are this is weight issue or because FC are not glued in perfectly horizontal. Maybe that plastic case is too big And probably those stock batteries are starting to die.

FYI - in PID tuning I'm still a big n00b.
May 29, 2017, 05:00 PM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Sounds like a nice project.

I did some testing with a different battery on my Aurora 68, little less punchy due to the added weight, but still fast and rather agile, imho:

https://youtu.be/ednYV2wYzxM
Are you tried Aurora on 3S?

Received ordered 3S 75/150C batteries at today. Very nice ones - tiny and very light. As curious beast I remembered about that some guys are flying with BR1103 8000KV motors and RS6A v2 ESC's on 3S and decided to try a new batteries with Aurora 100 inbreed which I described earlier and which have same motors and ESC's. The first good news - they didn't fried. Motors got quite warm, but still without smoke and flames. Second good thing - no more low battery warning after first minute of flying as it was on 2S 45C. Some 4 minutes in cruising mode and battery is not empty yet. Because in outside was dark again and I have no wish to loss this quad, punches and other performance stuff are left for tomorrow. Also because on 40% throttle thing is trying to run away - so fast BR1103's I didn't seen yet. If it is true, I should buy a few more those 3S batteries And replace battery connection wires to FC to shorter ones.
May 29, 2017, 07:50 PM
GOT WINGS
I have been experimenting with batteries today too. First I changed the connector on the Syma X21 to a micro Losi and trimmed some plastic inside the battery bay so I could use some 400mah batteries I have. Worked very well.
Then after flying the CG035 and the Bugs 3, I flew my cheap Falcon 210 Pro with a 4S HV 1500mah battery for only the second or third time. This 210 does not have a camera/vtx on it. Flies well on the 4S battery and punch outs scream and are very fast. But I was used to 6 or 7 minute flights with the stock 3S battery, and was timing the flight, so at about 7 minutes I brought it in close and took it easy for the rest of the flight. Ended up getting a 15 minute flight.

I also timed the CG035 and Bugs 3 flights because I was flying them with FPV cameras on them. CG035 flight was a minute or two shorter, but the Bugs flight was almost 5 minutes shorter, from 22.25 to 17.5 minutes with camera on. But that vtx is 600mWs.
May 31, 2017, 01:14 PM
Arfun 90, in somewhat turbulent air, intermittent breeze, as part of the flying field was shielded by trees. This quad flies like it's windless:

ARFUN 90 - First Testflight in rather strong breeze (1 min 49 sec)
May 31, 2017, 04:46 PM
Yup Solo's right.
I only need better lipos.
arfun 90 fpv, several fpv flights (3 min 51 sec)
May 31, 2017, 04:53 PM
GOT WINGS
I actually watched your video Solo just to see how long it would take my crappy internet to download it. It took 7 minutes to download it at 360p. 360p probably doesn't do the video justice.
But now I know who the man in the shadows is. Temperatures have been in the 90s here lately so I mostly stand in the shadows to fly too. I also have buffalo knats here that swarm around my face and bite, in the video of the Syma X21 you could actually see them fly in front of the camera.
I hurt my left foot last night, so today I am being lazy trying to stay off of it as much as possible. I should move a chair to the shade so I could fly because it is not very windy for a change.

So I have been doodling around in the house working on things I can sit to do. I got this RealAcc MJX 600 case from Banggood for $7.99 US and decided to put my Bugs 3 in it. I changed the outside label because I already have one with one of my F210 Pros in it.
Name: zbugscase.jpg
Views: 18
Size: 72.2 KB
Description: Name: zbugscase2.jpg
Views: 20
Size: 106.2 KB
Description:

While I was working on that case and putting another antenna(cut one of two antennas off with the props) on my F210, the dog started barking, went outside and found a four foot long bull snake.
Name: zbigsnake.jpg
Views: 22
Size: 121.6 KB
Description:

Yesterday I flew my CC3D F210 with a 4S HV 1500mah battery and timed a 15 minute flight. That F210 does not have a camera or VTX on it.

Quick Reply