Dec 02, 2015, 02:41 PM
Thread OP
New Product

FLYPRO XEagle (follow me, Black Box, smart watch, voice command, GPS and more...)

It come in four flavors:
Professional
Advanced
Sport
Basic
More info of each particular ones here http://bit.ly/1RnmRAX

It come in four flavors:
Professional
Advanced
Sport
Basic
More info of each particular ones here http://bit.ly/1RnmRAX
Last edited by Drra; Dec 02, 2015 at 02:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2015, 02:42 PM
Thread OP
Flypro Xeagle (1 min 54 sec)
Last edited by Drra; Dec 02, 2015 at 11:05 PM.
Dec 02, 2015, 02:48 PM
More dangerous nonsense.. says "obstacle avoidance" but there is none according to the specs, without real obstacle avoidance, "follow me" is simply asking for trouble.

I did like "If you are too lazy to move your hands, you can fly with your voice."
Mar 20, 2016, 04:55 PM
This drone look exactly what I was waiting for.

I hope it will work well, and on the official website I am surprise there is not more people, same for facebook.

Seems launch is in 14 days

You can follow news

H E R E
May 12, 2016, 02:32 AM
FPVpilots do it remotely
Interesting concept, clearly follow-me have limitations however if used right it can be quite awesome, about to take the the xEagle sport out for testing.
May 12, 2016, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen
Interesting concept, clearly follow-me have limitations however if used right it can be quite awesome, about to take the the xEagle sport out for testing.

Can't wait yoru review
May 12, 2016, 07:34 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
you have my attention.
May 12, 2016, 09:16 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
Not a review but eyeballing whats in the box.
Lets get real, this is not a pro-grade aerial video quad, but its pretty remarkable in that one can get a GoPro follow-me quad with 2 axis gimbal for roughly $299. Can't wait to take it out and see how it flies.
FlyPro xEagle unbox (16 min 53 sec)
May 13, 2016, 05:13 AM
Pro Bro # 2398
keep us posted, without a regular style transmitter, that leaves me a little concerned.
May 13, 2016, 11:46 AM
FPVpilots do it remotely
Quote:
Originally Posted by GassPasser
keep us posted, without a regular style transmitter, that leaves me a little concerned.
I was talking with them and suggested that they should make the hand-set controller (traditional TX) from the high-end 4K package available as a separate unit for the follow-me crowd. that would make it a more interesting prospective for regular RC pilots because you get the ability to "fly over there are check it out" freedom.

The strict follow-me is pop-in-the-air-and-follow functionality, interestingly, you are I for sure think of that as a limitation, but I have talked to a ton of people who are clueless about a RC controller and want something they can push the button while mountain-biking and have the camera fly-along.. nothing else.
May 14, 2016, 11:13 AM
FPVpilots do it remotely
PS. scanned the manual http://www.bophoto.com/fpvguy/FlyPro...tart-guide.pdf
May 17, 2016, 02:42 AM
it is shows in https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...autonomous-dro ,Is any buy it now? do you think is good one for beginner?
May 19, 2016, 05:38 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1524113948
it is shows in https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...autonomous-dro ,Is any buy it now? do you think is good one for beginner?
The GPS watch is kinda single-use, I would consider it with the optional controller, because WITH the controller this is a pretty easy to fly quad, but I probably would wait and get it from hobbywow.com once they start shipping the higher version with controller. its a little easier dealing with a shop than with a kickstarter campaign, and their foreshadowed obstacle avoidance system is not yet demonstrated.

** one should be aware that the controller is a 250feet range system, and the smart-watch seems to be a 150feet system (I lost control and the quad auto landed when I got about 35 meters away, so these are definitely made for close operation.
May 27, 2016, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen
** one should be aware that the controller is a 250feet range system, and the smart-watch seems to be a 150feet system (I lost control and the quad auto landed when I got about 35 meters away, so these are definitely made for close operation.
Bo, were you able to get the quadcopter compass calibration to perform as described in the manual? I wait until completion of the self test, then press the follow me button, but the lights do not change to yellow, but stay blinking green. They maintain this blinking even after completion of the rotations.
May 29, 2016, 10:09 AM

Flypro XEagle Watch Controlled Follow Me Drone Flight Test Review

This follow me GPS quadcopter is entirely controlled by a wristwatch. It enables follow me aerial video of yourself as you participate in almost any outdoor action sports. Although it's extremely simple to fly, it's not recommended for beginner fliers due to its size, weight, and speed. It can be dangerous in the hands of ... well you know that guy who flew his drone into the Manhattan skyscrapers, or the wedding photographer who smashed his drone into his clients? Those kind of people ;-) Find it here from HobbyWOW.

Pro's
- Entirely controlled by a wristwatch. No bulky or heavy transmitter controller that needs to be lugged along with you for follow me. The watch itself has all the needed controls, and a built in GPS and transmitter to send all needed information to the quadcopter to control it.
- Extremely simple to fly. Press a button on the watch, and it takes off and levels itself in the air. Turn a knob and it climbs higher or descend. Press another button and it will circle your position. One more button, and it will follow you wherever you go, all the while maneuvering itself and pointing its camera for the best view... of you ;-) Finally, press another button, and it will fly back and land where it took off. Or do a short press of that same button to have it land wherever you wish.
- 2 axis stabilized gimbal.
- 4K camera, although I used 1080p 30 fps in its demo video to keep my DSL YouTube video uploads manageable.
- Over 20 minutes flight time. Not bad for a gimbal quadcopter.
- Failsafe automatic return to home on low battery or loss of signal. Return to home is fairly accurate as seen in the video.
- Smart battery. If unused for extended periods, will automatically lower voltage to prevent damage to the battery.

Cons
- Watch is not waterproof.
- This sport model does not seem to include obstacle avoidance or voice control.
- Heavy enough to require FAA registration.
- Quadcopter maneuvers can be very rapid as it automatically positions itself for best camera views. If the quadcopter is low, this might result in unintended impacts with high objects (buildings and trees). If the quadcopter is VERY low, these impacts can be with you or others. Alway ensure the quadcopter is higher than any trees, objects,hills, buildings, and especially people along your intended route before pressing the "follow me" button. Recommend having some experience with larger drones, just so you have the needed respect to fly this quadcopter safely.

and here is its flight demonstration
Flypro XEagle Watch Controlled Follow Me Drone Flight Test Review (25 min 50 sec)

Includes: 1 * Aircraft(with Camera), 1 * Smart Watch, 8 * Propellers, 1 * Smart Battery, 1 * Charger, 1 * Power Cable, 1 * Documents

Quick Reply