Jul 22, 2004, 03:34 PM
Thread OP

New Camera Mount For The Giant SS High Pull

Well being the Giant SS high Pull has been flying like a gentel giant and it has worked out to be a great AP plane I desided to make it's own camera mount.
You see the one I was useing is for the twin SlowStick.
This camera mount slips on a T rail thats under the Giant SS To change from out the front or rear all I have to do is slide it off the T rail turn it 180 degrees and slip it back on.

BAR-STOOL
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2004, 09:26 PM
Incrediable as usual, you keep raising the bar. Is it an issue for the copilot to be turned around, ie facing the opposite way, or do you just recalb. it when turning the camera the other way.
You guys are makeing it hard for me to resist trying the video thing out. Thanks for the CD!
Ed Mc
Jul 23, 2004, 01:47 AM
Tied to the whipping post
Its RED!

What a beutiful ship Barstool! Well thought out and looks like it would be a blast to fly! I love the wheels and you can inflate them at the site if you get a flat. Sure redifines the AP ship of choice!! Where do you find the big nylon hardware you use on everything?

I see one more revision and then you will come up with one you can ride on!

Rgds,

Mike
Jul 23, 2004, 08:42 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccrashed
Incrediable as usual, you keep raising the bar. Is it an issue for the copilot to be turned around, ie facing the opposite way, or do you just recalb. it when turning the camera the other way.
You guys are makeing it hard for me to resist trying the video thing out. Thanks for the CD!
Ed Mc
Hi
Ed
Yep you are right you would have to recal the co-pilot. May be I should just make the lower sensor so it swings 180 degree.

Roger
Jul 23, 2004, 09:20 AM
Fly safe, fly often!
What an artist!

BAR-STOOL, your contributions are very inspirational and most educational as I'm just getting into a/p - should be getting my 3700 soon - I also enjoy your videos (at 28.8 dialup, that's saying a lot).

I'm assuming when you're flying, there's more holding on the battery packs than just the two rubber bands, right?

Happy flyin',

B
U
Z
Z
Jul 23, 2004, 10:10 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz_Man
What an artist!

BAR-STOOL, your contributions are very inspirational and most educational as I'm just getting into a/p - should be getting my 3700 soon - I also enjoy your videos (at 28.8 dialup, that's saying a lot).

I'm assuming when you're flying, there's more holding on the battery packs than just the two rubber bands, right?

Happy flyin',

B
U
Z
Z
Hi
Buzz

Thats why most of the time I post smaller versions of the videos so the dialup people can injoy the videos.
The two batterys are velcro togeather and there is allso velcro to the battery holder + 2 rubber bands.

BAR-STOOL
Jul 23, 2004, 10:33 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerBird
Its RED!

What a beutiful ship Barstool! Well thought out and looks like it would be a blast to fly! I love the wheels and you can inflate them at the site if you get a flat. Sure redifines the AP ship of choice!! Where do you find the big nylon hardware you use on everything?

I see one more revision and then you will come up with one you can ride on!

Rgds,

Mike
Hi Mike
The nylon thumb screws I get from work and they get them from an industrial supply house.

BAR-STOOL
Jul 23, 2004, 04:33 PM
Your attitude is your alt
Bar your work always looks like something factory made, like it was in full production! You always do such wonderful engineering work it's no wonder you have a background in a machine shop! I really like this latest creation and the size is really nice. One question though, do you reflex the ailerons so they work as flaps to make steep decents from high altitude? If not then you might want to consider adding either spoilers or reflexing the ailerons, if it's even needed.
Keep up the posting, I always enjoy seeing your latest creations!

Gary Morris
Jul 23, 2004, 04:52 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Morris
Bar your work always looks like something factory made, like it was in full production! You always do such wonderful engineering work it's no wonder you have a background in a machine shop! I really like this latest creation and the size is really nice. One question though, do you reflex the ailerons so they work as flaps to make steep decents from high altitude? If not then you might want to consider adding either spoilers or reflexing the ailerons, if it's even needed.
Keep up the posting, I always enjoy seeing your latest creations!

Gary Morris
Hi
Gary
I fly with a futaba 9-c radio and it can be programmed so the ailerons can both go up for air brakes or both go down for flaparon and you can even mix elevator with the command and you can do all this from a switch on the transmitter. When I ordered the co-pilot I got the one with the 8 ch receiver with the co-pilot built in so I can have air-brakes & flaparons camera tilt & trigger the camera servo to take a pic or start a video. I will sit down soon and do the programming so I have them on a switch.

And thanks to every body for all the kind words

BAR-STOOL
Jul 25, 2004, 12:22 PM
That thing looks great! I love the big cartoon like wheels and bright colours! That must be a few $ bumbling across the sky when it's aloft!?
Jul 25, 2004, 01:05 PM
Ascended Master
Looking at the cover of another magazine, there's a large-scale 3D plane.. you can count 10 servos in view; 6 on the ailerons, 4 on the elevator, with probably another 4 for the rudder, and one for the motor, that's about $2300 just for the servos!!!!
I've bought new cars for less!
Jul 25, 2004, 01:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermite
That thing looks great! I love the big cartoon like wheels and bright colours! That must be a few $ bumbling across the sky when it's aloft!?
I call them tundra tires.

BAR-STOOL
Jul 25, 2004, 02:00 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Paul
Looking at the cover of another magazine, there's a large-scale 3D plane.. you can count 10 servos in view; 6 on the ailerons, 4 on the elevator, with probably another 4 for the rudder, and one for the motor, that's about $2300 just for the servos!!!!
I've bought new cars for less!
I only have 6 servos but thay are all small in the Giant SS

BAR-STOOL
Jul 31, 2004, 03:00 PM
Don't fly Flat !
Bar-Stool , are you moving the camera mount with the CoPilot or are you hooked up to the aileron and elevator servos like a normal installation?

Earl
Jul 31, 2004, 08:03 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke58
Bar-Stool , are you moving the camera mount with the CoPilot or are you hooked up to the aileron and elevator servos like a normal installation?

Earl
HI
EARL

I only use the co-pilot to keep the plane level when I fly real high.

BAR-STOOL

Quick Reply