I have some drop out 7 6.86%
Not bad but rates are not well tuned 11 10.78%
I am satisfied with my X1 24 23.53%
I am completly happy with my X1 19 18.63%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Jan 18, 2016, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_rider
I am satisfied with mine! No major issues. Yaw is a little laggy, but still I think it's a great flyer.

Here's a flight vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tghIuqD89kw

And another, notice it drop out of the sky from LVC at the end (first time that happened to me)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCuzHpBeZlc
Is that the Syma X5 FPV system you are using? I'm getting crappy reception with mine. Did you modify yours? It works much better than mine.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2016, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Well seems a little bit improved ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p2EA4ExAHQ
I'm interested if the Devo 7E will help with the yaw. Hopefully somebody with the yaw issue will be using the Devo 7E and let us know if it helps.
Jan 18, 2016, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwrench
Is that the Syma X5 FPV system you are using? I'm getting crappy reception with mine. Did you modify yours? It works much better than mine.
It's the stock Syma fpv kit.
Jan 19, 2016, 07:31 AM
Thread OP
First demo flight:

JJRC X1 firt flight with DeviationTX (1 min 9 sec)

The yaw-lag is still here ....
Jan 19, 2016, 09:03 AM
Just found out that instead of unplugging the battery after a tip over or crash you can bring both sticks down and right (calibration) for a few seconds then arm as normal and she flies again
Last edited by fredrico; Jan 19, 2016 at 12:33 PM.
Jan 20, 2016, 02:42 AM
Thread OP
Well great job from HexFet . The deviationTX control is great. It was very easy to capture SPI since all pins on the RX board was indicated. Unfortunatly... the yaw-lag bug is still here ... so fot 100% is not related to protocol ... IMHO more linked with the I-yaw value... and we can't tune these PIDs value in general.
Jan 21, 2016, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_rider
It's the stock Syma fpv kit.
OK. I haven't tried the different channel settings yet. That may do it. Weather has been so crappy here, I haven't had a chance to fly a week so far
Jan 21, 2016, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Well great job from HexFet . The deviationTX control is great. It was very easy to capture SPI since all pins on the RX board was indicated. Unfortunatly... the yaw-lag bug is still here ... so fot 100% is not related to protocol ... IMHO more linked with the I-yaw value... and we can't tune these PIDs value in general.
Crap! I had my fingers crossed hoping the Devo 7E would have cured the yaw lag.

Thanks for testing this SeBy...always a help. Keep up the good work.
Jan 21, 2016, 05:15 PM
Low Budget night flying with the X1. Got it last night. A bit cold but, ping pong balls and hot glue makes for some fun flying. Sorry for the shakey camera-it was cold!

JJRC X1 NIGHT FLIGHT (WITH PING PONG BALL LIGHT MOD) (2 min 55 sec)

[]
Last edited by JohnnyZ72; Jan 21, 2016 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Better link
Jan 22, 2016, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZ72
Low Budget night flying with the X1. Got it last night. A bit cold but, ping pong balls and hot glue makes for some fun flying. Sorry for the shakey camera-it was cold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igvRaHvbess

[]
Now that's a very effective light mod, well done
Jan 22, 2016, 05:20 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwrench
Crap! I had my fingers crossed hoping the Devo 7E would have cured the yaw lag.

Thanks for testing this SeBy...always a help. Keep up the good work.

Shame it won't fix the yaw issue. I would really like to see the H26 control response combined with the brushless power and sleek airframe of the X1. Would be the ultimate RTF quad in that size, I think.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jan 22, 2016, 05:12 PM

cc3d in x1

can anybody have a look at the other x1 thread and see what they think, i put a cc3d and a flysky i6 rx and used x1's esc board, slightly odd results.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6#post33795749
Jan 22, 2016, 05:17 PM
Deleted.
Last edited by superlark; Jan 23, 2016 at 07:21 PM.
Jan 23, 2016, 10:32 PM
Ok. Mine is here. I'm in the process of evaluating it right now.

Yaw-lag. As you all know, the yaw is proportional. The further you tilt the stick, the faster it gets. Obviously the spin up and down time is the issue, especially in low rate where it takes forever to do both. This can be worked around if you are used to it. Still sucks however. Proportional or not, there should be no reaction delay when you fully tilt/release the stick.

The conundrum I have is the "extended" switch. I only have it taped to the counter right now(windy as heck outside, no way to accurately test anything). I notice that, at a steady throttle, the switch up/down seems to affect the motor speeds to the point of seeing the front or back pull harder.

The yaw issue is definitely in the FC the programing (lol I know, Captain Obvious).

My first flight has me rather impressed, however.

Has ANYONE messed with the "extended" switch and can say what it does or doesn't do?
Last edited by superlark; Jan 23, 2016 at 11:22 PM.
Jan 23, 2016, 11:22 PM
Conundrum solved.. By Dustin Dunnil

It's headless mode/return to home.

Also, the throttle trim adjusts Idle speeds, and shuts off motors. That I can see on the bench.

The extended button also works to reset the transmitter when you get a no bind condition. Hold it down as you power the TX.

If only the flip button wasn't useless..

Dustins video:

JJRC X1 Brushless Sport Quadcopter Drone Review - Part 2 - [Flight/CRASH! Test] (16 min 34 sec)

Quick Reply