Jul 22, 2016, 12:09 AM
MCS / NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM
Thread OP
Due to YouTube copyrights, here is a new sound track for our friends in Germany.

Team USA F3F Practice #3 - Sonoma Coast - July 10th, 2016 (5 min 58 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2016, 04:48 AM
Thread OP
We had a fantastic Team practice today at Fort Ross. We flew until 7pm and it was 40 mph as we walked to our cars. We all went out to dinner together which was a special treat.

We all got to see the first Freestyler 5 fly in the US today.

Sunday is going to be just like today so more fun tomorrow!

Photos and video to follow.
Aug 07, 2016, 04:10 PM
Hoping you guys get another great day. Yesterday was a blast! It's was great to be able to fly with, and help, the f3f team with a long day of intense training.
Aug 08, 2016, 01:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by curdman
Hoping you guys get another great day. Yesterday was a blast! It's was great to be able to fly with, and help, the f3f team with a long day of intense training.
Hard to believe but today was even better Scott. We flew until they were about to close the gate again. Started around 30 mph and built to 40 mph by 7:30pm. This was an extremely productive weekend of practice for the Team.

Thank you Scott Thomason, Mehrdad Amir (1st Alternate Team Member), Scott Campbell Walker, Ron Vann, Koby Paulson and a special thank you to Sandy Smith for being our CD today and for driving 8 hours RT to the coast, above and beyond the call of duty Sandy!!!

To the guys that came out and flew and helped support the Team, the Team wanted me to express how much they appreciate all the great community support. We gave them an excellent weekend of Team practice. Thank you so much for stepping up guys! This weekend was a very big deal for the Team.

More photos and videos to come.....

Dave
Aug 08, 2016, 01:35 AM
Today was another great day of practice thanks to all the helpers from the U. S F3F community!

Thank you everyone!!

- Steve
Aug 08, 2016, 08:29 PM
Thread OP
Here is a link to a thread I started, if you have a friend that is on the fence post about coming out and "competing" and is intimidated like I was please show them this thread.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6#post35444111

Our F3X Community (4 min 40 sec)
Aug 09, 2016, 01:09 AM
On the Go Fly List
Congratulations Dave. You give so much to the community and make things happen. You deserve some serious appreciation and have a great group of loyal admirers.

This video brought a big smile to me. Consider me one the other "100".'

Your friend,
Adam

PS...sounds like you all had a great weekend of practice. Sorry I missed it. Keep up the good work and best of luck in Denmark!
Last edited by agarchitect; Aug 09, 2016 at 01:17 AM.
Aug 10, 2016, 03:09 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by agarchitect
Congratulations Dave. You give so much to the community and make things happen. You deserve some serious appreciation and have a great group of loyal admirers.

This video brought a big smile to me. Consider me one the other "100".'

Your friend,
Adam

PS...sounds like you all had a great weekend of practice. Sorry I missed it. Keep up the good work and best of luck in Denmark!
Thank you so much Adam!
Aug 10, 2016, 03:18 AM
Thread OP
This video is from last weekend's Team practice on the Sonoma Coast........

USA F3F Team Practice - Sonoma Coast - Aug. 7th, 2016 (3 min 57 sec)
Aug 15, 2016, 01:12 PM
Thread OP
The Team flew their brains out last weekend on the Sonoma Coast for 2 very long days.

We recorded 69 written rounds in 2 days and flew many, many more that were not recorded.

We were going for "Quality" practice rather than "Quantity". We ended up with both since the wind stayed strong until sunset both days.

Both Steve and Mehrdad had many flights in the mid to upper 30's. Towards the end of Sunday the Team really started to get in the groove.

Kyle smoked his last 18 rounds all in the low 30's. That was fun to watch.

Steve and Mehrdad smoked their last 18 rounds as well, they were in the mid to upper 30's.

The Team wanted to fly more both days but the sun was setting and they lock the gate at sunset.

Everyone said it was a very productive weekend.

Dave
Aug 17, 2016, 02:16 PM
Thread OP
I am very excited about this new wing servo with metal/alloy gears with an aluminum case, ball bearings and even has a coreless motor. The HV6130's even have an internal circuit breaker so you don't deplete your receiver battery, very clever.

My new Freestyler 5 from TUD that was a gift from everyone has these in the wings (advanced market release). These are perfect for sailplanes. Thank you MKS for leading the way!

Coming very soon!

HV6130

Torque: 6.0 kg-cm (6.0V) / 7.6 kg-cm (7.4V) / 8.1 kg-cm (8.2V)

Speed: 0.14 s (6.0V) / 0.11 s (7.4V) / 0.10 s (8.2V)

Weight: 22.5 g

Dimension:30 x 10 x 29.8 mm
Working Voltage:3.5~8.4 V DC Volt (2S Lipo un-regulated)
Working frequency:1520μs / 333Hz
Dead Band:0.001 ms (Default)
Bearing : 3* ball bearing + 2*Jewel bearing
Motor:Coreless Motor
Gear:Metal Alloy Gear
Current Draw: [email protected] 6.0V / [email protected] 7.4V / [email protected] 8.2V

When the servo motor life is ended,
Bulit-In Safe System avoids a servo short circuit and lets the airplane land safely.

MKS HV6130 wing servo (0 min 36 sec)
Last edited by David Olson; Aug 17, 2016 at 02:28 PM.
Aug 23, 2016, 12:47 AM
Thread OP
I did a very short video of my Freestyler 5 maiden flight from last Saturday. I did it because I wanted to THANK EVERYONE again for getting me THE BEST GIFT I have ever received.

Ken Gregory surprised me by giving me a brand new Spektrum AR7610 - 7 Channel Receiver for the FS5. Thank you so much Ken, above and beyond sir! What a great surprise!

Dave

Freestyler 5 Maiden Flight - 8-20-16 (2 min 45 sec)
Aug 31, 2016, 08:40 PM
Thread OP
Here is the new F3F logo design on the new Team garments. I just received the jackets, hoodies and polos today.

Looks like Fort Ross will be "rocking" again this weekend so we will have another Team practice session this coming Saturday and Sunday. I will hand out the new goodies to the Team when they stay at our house this weekend.

My fashion modeling days are definitely behind me, but you get an idea of what things look like. (I hurt myself sucking it in today...lol)

If you haven't noticed, the Freestyler in the F3F Logo is the same color scheme as the actual Freestylers.
Last edited by David Olson; Aug 31, 2016 at 09:16 PM.
Aug 31, 2016, 09:01 PM
Magnet Boy
Looks sweet Dave. So no way for the common man to acquire any of these?

Quick Reply