Aug 30, 2018, 12:50 AM
Mad on modding
Good build there Tim. Keep up with the videos.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 30, 2018, 03:14 PM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways
Quote:
Originally Posted by robcrusoe
Good build there Tim. Keep up with the videos.
THX Rob,! Glad it was enjoyed. BUT, just to clarify for those that are guilty of ONLY reading/viewing the LAST post of a thread and as this is @ the top of a new page,(in essence "burying" it to them), in reference to vid on post #1185 ( PLEASE check it out if have not already done so,!)!! Yes he did a great job and is a fine builder in our club.! Skipper/Builder is HowBau here RCG... just in case that got missed in the credits. I know I ran it too fast and made a few other goofs as I'm just learning that new to me editing program I just got,!! IF he don't see your praise here I'll make sure he gets it as we are club mates. I'm the official/unofficial club photog n online liaison/ PR officer posting my vid in proxy for him. I get help from other members some times they send me material ( pics n vids) to use as in the stills in the vid and post things for themselves when I'm not available or on site or able to operate 2 cams @ the same time as this one was with me hanging out off our dock to shoot it,!! With that said I'll probably make a referral in our club thread here in RCG to view it on this thread via single post view link so as to NOT double post it when I update THAT thread. I'll get better vid's up on RCG as I get the edit program fully mastered. THX again Skippers,! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Aug 30, 2018, 03:43 PM
Mad on modding
Tim.

Building it is certainly the #1 accolade, but presenting it on RCG is a close runner up.

I'm sure HB is smiling

And yes, video editing is an art form, I'm still reaching out for it.

Out of interest, what editor are you now using?
Aug 30, 2018, 08:14 PM
Thread OP

She's a Beauty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbones06589
Hey Paul, wouldn’t mind seeing a photo of Deborah on the water if you happen to have one.
I've mostly been making videos to catch her graceful gliding but here's a look, thanks for asking!
There's a piece of an arrow shaft hanging a tiny Vivitar camera off the stern.
There's a floppy black dog lying on the cabin roof.
Aug 31, 2018, 12:47 AM
sailtails - YouTube

more photos

Hi Gang,
I have been delighted to see recent videos, and love the photos as well. Thanks to all those who have shared their projects with us all.
Here I will pass along photos which I received from another Gary in Cape Town South Africa of his gaff rigged "Irene".
He reports using salvaged woods from demolition jobs, Oregon Pine for the deck planking and Rhodesian Teak for the hatch covers. Both of these woods more than 100 years old!
Cheers, Gary
Aug 31, 2018, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Webb
Oregon Pine for the deck planking and Rhodesian Teak for the hatch covers. Both of these woods more than 100 years old!
Cheers, Gary
Another beauty! The Irene design has perfect lines. All of your many offspring just look "right" from any angle.

Here are some more photos from a few different angles of Kamanik.
Aug 31, 2018, 05:47 PM
Mad on modding
So realistic... Feel like you are on it!
Aug 31, 2018, 05:54 PM
Mad on modding

Where you are located

As a new member starts posting and his alias becomes so familiar, wouldn't it be great to have an approximate idea where he hangs out, globally?

For what it is worth, here's mine

GOOGLE LOCATION
Aug 31, 2018, 06:25 PM
For anyone interested my location matches robcrusoe although we are approx 40km apart we both sail at the same location.
Aug 31, 2018, 06:32 PM
Regarding my Irene build, I will posting some more photos shortly, currently working on all of the spas, shaping and applying marine varnish. Have also managed to apply 2 coats of gloss paint to the deck and cabin / hatches, 4 coats of marine varnish to the cabin / hatch covers, 2 coats of marine gloss to her hull bottom and 4 coats of marine varnish to the rest of her hull.
As mentioned more photos to come, hope everyone is enjoying their Irene build as much I am.
Aug 31, 2018, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robcrusoe
wouldn't it be great to have an approximate idea where [we] hang out, globally?
Kamanik sails from this dock.

https://goo.gl/maps/6zV4uwwPyDu
Sep 02, 2018, 12:14 AM
Recent Convert
Hi.

I currently sail My Dragonforce rg65 at these two places

https://goo.gl/maps/GnKNbP7My4r

https://goo.gl/maps/PQ1wmAc21KD2

and when I finally get time to finish my Schooner " Ketty Jay" she will sail from the same places. and hopefully some more

Im slowly getting along with my build and hopefully will get to post some photos soon.

Kamanik Looks Lovely Zbip, no wonder she is attracting stowaways
Sep 05, 2018, 06:22 PM
Fantastic build Paul, interesting that I have also opted for the plain white cotton sails, I think
It makes for a authentic look. Hope my boat ends up looking as great as yours.
Cheers CB.
Sep 05, 2018, 07:53 PM
Thread OP

Aw, shucks, it ain't nothin much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbones06589
Fantastic build Paul, interesting that I have also opted for the plain white cotton sails, I think
It makes for a authentic look. Hope my boat ends up looking as great as yours.
Cheers CB.
Thanks, CB! I'm going to pass the compliments to Gary! His design made this novice's attempt a complete success. My hope is that anybody wanting to try the build understands that this was my first boat build.
What I hope our examples demonstrate is that YOU can build this boat!
Paul
Last edited by Paul~; Sep 06, 2018 at 10:39 PM. Reason: clarity
Sep 05, 2018, 08:42 PM
Thread OP

Sailing in paradise

Here's a look at a lovely schooner
Classic Topsail Schooner "Atlanta" (11 min 15 sec)

What an idyllic scene!

Quick Reply