Tweagle td. The best even better - Page 9 - RC Groups
Aug 07, 2016, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcwv
Anyone have the setting for the older standard Tweagle?
Or are they the same as published earlier in this thread by Reto?
http://europeantopplanes.nl/?page_id=267

Settings at the bottom of the page.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 09, 2016, 02:07 PM
Alex would the original Tweagle benefit by replacing the horizontal and vertical fin from the TD version?
Aug 09, 2016, 03:47 PM
Marc,

I tested the hor.stab by cutting the original tips smaller and smaller until i went to far. Same with the vertical. So yes the original Tweagle would benefit from the Tweagle td tailplanes.
Aug 09, 2016, 09:05 PM
Transplant Chey WY from Reno
Alex,

The pegtip of my Tweagle TD is flexing. How solid underneath the recommended positioning is the CF to the spar? I see very minor flexing but want to make sure that nothing unexpected can happen.

Thanks,
Chris Adams
Aug 10, 2016, 06:27 AM
Chris,

Spar is running about 1/2 inch in front of the peg position. From the spar it has some unidirectional carbonfibre triangels top and bottom with layer of spread tow on top. A hard point in between. Normaly nothing should happen but if the skin flexes an injection of thin CA might help.
Aug 10, 2016, 09:27 AM
Transplant Chey WY from Reno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Hoekstra
Chris,

Spar is running about 1/2 inch in front of the peg position. From the spar it has some unidirectional carbonfibre triangels top and bottom with layer of spread tow on top. A hard point in between. Normaly nothing should happen but if the skin flexes an injection of thin CA might help.
Thanks, I'll watch it. Not enough buckling to get CA in right now.

Chris
Aug 10, 2016, 11:50 AM
Alex..the original Tweagle will still fly best at 68mm or are you finding 74mm working better as used on the TD version ?
Regards,
Marc
Aug 10, 2016, 12:32 PM
Marc

The original Tweagle is best at 67/68mm. Even with a smaller stab i never felt to go backwards with the CG.

Alex

P.S. I fly the td now at 71 with slightly increased incidence.
Aug 10, 2016, 01:50 PM
Alex....thanks so much for all the information !
Dec 24, 2016, 02:12 PM
I apologize if this has been explained already and I have not seen it. I am curious about the meaning of the name "Tweagle". Is that something from the Dutch language? Or is it a name without any relation to anything?
Apr 25, 2017, 07:38 PM
Oleg Golovidov

Build pics

This plane was built about a year ago. But I never posted the pics.
Here they are...

Since building it, I had to do some repairs and replaced the fuselage and used a Flitz2 vertical tail (for cosmetic reasons mostly). I may post more pics of the current state of the plane later...

Tweagle TD is a very nice pane overall. As all of the planes, it takes a little getting used to, but performs quite well.

--
Apr 26, 2017, 10:35 AM
One more flight...
That thing is beautiful
May 27, 2017, 11:57 PM
Alex,

Is the Tweagle TD still in production? I posted an order for a fuse and a vertical, so far no response.

Gary
May 28, 2017, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryO
Alex,

Is the Tweagle TD still in production? I posted an order for a fuse and a vertical, so far no response.

Gary
Gary,

It is stil in production. I checked my emails and RC group messages but i didn't receive any mails from you since Januari 2016.
I will send you an email.

Alex