Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 27, 2015, 01:12 AM
Discussion

THE 'IVAN PETTIGREW' Spring Float & Land Fly 2016

We invite all pilots near and far to join us for the 2nd Annual IVAN PETTIGREW Spring Land and Float Fly May 27, 28, 29th -2016.

Book your time off now so you don't miss this great event, we would love to see you all again.

If you have never flown at our location and love flying off of water, we sport a two million square foot lake for great water flying and we now have completed our grass runway which is 60ft x 400ft beautiful turf runway if land flying is more your style.

All models must be electric, sorry no fuel planes allowed. Current MAAC or AMA required.

If you fly models with small scale wheels , please be aware we will cut the turf as short as possible, but that may not be enough for some smaller scale planes with wheels that are designed for hard surface. You may want to consider doing a temporary swap out for larger diameter wheels were possible.

We will be grooming a fine crusher dust runway beside the turf that should accommodate all but the smallest wheels.

Here is your chance to fly with the man himself. Please have a look at our website for more information... www.cef.club

I have added a few pictures of our field in December 2015

Thanks,

Jon Light, President
Last edited by Tman57; Feb 24, 2016 at 08:48 AM. Reason: updates
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2015, 11:39 AM
8000 Watt Club
I am looking forward to this event as last year was GREAT!

I have my new float plane already completed and my new wheeled model is under construction.
Dec 17, 2015, 07:57 PM
Ron
Ron
ME TO O !!
the hangar is plugged with a new project.
Dec 31, 2015, 04:09 PM
Hmmmm...Got an inquiry about our event from a RC pilot in Brazil ... must be a devoted fan of Ivans...never know who may be coming !! Exciting stuff...
Jan 06, 2016, 01:34 AM

Spring !!!!

UH-OH...I better get busy...how is it January already....CRAP, I've got a TON of work to do to get ready. Time to bunker in and get some building done. I'm working on some exciting projects for the event. The field is in great shape, the lake is...well...WET. Looking forward to a great event, friends, flying, making some great memories.
Jan 25, 2016, 01:41 AM
I just wondering if the United Kingdom is going to represented this year ?
Jan 28, 2016, 10:00 PM
We invite all of our American Brothers to join us in our fun events..
Jan 29, 2016, 02:58 PM
Some flyers from FVRCF were talking about going this year, but a few are worried you and Ron will give us a hard time. If you promise to keep everything friendly I'll let them know and we will bring our electric flying machines follow your rules and enjoy the festivity's.
Feb 11, 2016, 05:59 PM

The Xmas Tree Incident

Well thanks to Calvin's help, my Xmas Tree Flyer will once again be in the air. I just have some fuselage repairs to reinforce, some covering to be put on and it'll be ready to go. As far as colours go, its going to look like it wearing the coat of many colours.....tnxs for your help Calven.
Last edited by Tman57; Feb 11, 2016 at 06:41 PM. Reason: images
Feb 16, 2016, 08:10 PM
I received your PM, very unfortunate and sad to hear. I'll let the FVRCF guy's know.
Feb 17, 2016, 07:45 PM

magnetic trees

GREAT NEWS.....the magnetic trees on the north side of the runway are coming down.....The large Cottonwood on the north side of the runway by the road is down, along with two birch trees. Still more to go over the next few days......
Feb 17, 2016, 08:20 PM
8000 Watt Club
I certainly won't miss it. I called it the "Decathlon Tree"

(pic by Team Tracon)
Feb 18, 2016, 08:11 PM
Ron
Ron
Geoff:

You are going to have to aim a little farther to the left this year :-)
Feb 19, 2016, 04:15 PM
8000 Watt Club
Note to self, when you are over 50 always have a spotter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Geoff:
You are going to have to aim a little farther to the left this year :-)
Feb 21, 2016, 05:12 PM
Only 95 days to go..... tick tock tic toc...are ya gettin ready ?
Last edited by Tman57; Mar 13, 2016 at 01:27 AM.