Jan 10, 2016, 01:20 AM
world's slowest builder
Great progress! Not to far from finishing now.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2016, 12:51 AM
Thread OP

Vectoring Nozzles

Installed these last night. Putting the thrust vectoring on required modifying the rear end by eliminating rib 29 and trimming the beams to a length of 4mm from rib 28. I am taking it slow because I want to do it right.
Feb 05, 2016, 01:29 PM
Thumbs are overrated.
I have a soft spot for this aircraft type, and it on top of my wish list. Looking good!
Feb 19, 2016, 01:19 AM
Thread OP

Elevator build and Servo Placement for Yaw.

This update is of the elevator and how it will be placed once I get the other pieces I ordered from China. Also you can see how I placed the servo's for yaw vectoring. I am using two 9oz torque servos (one regular and one reverse) connected with a "Y" harness which will be tied to the rudders. Excuse my procrastination. Just want to do it right.
Feb 20, 2016, 12:22 AM
Thread OP

Canard Servo Placement

Once I get the cooper tubing the canards will be put in place and the area covered. A hatch will made to allow access later if needed. For the canards I am using two futaba S3016 servos with 48oz of torque each. They will be setup on an aux channel to work with the elevators.
Last edited by James Rhodes; Feb 20, 2016 at 12:31 AM.
Feb 20, 2016, 07:27 AM
(TechDad) Bob Templeton
Most impressive! Keep up the good work!
Latest blog entry: Having Fun!!!
Feb 24, 2016, 09:59 PM
Thread OP

Pic Of Yaw Connection

These are better pic's of how the yaw is connected. thanks for looking and the complements.
Mar 12, 2016, 01:55 AM
Thread OP

Piece Work Update

I did some work on building up the intake. I looked at pictures and drew my own templates. They still need to be sanded out on the inside. I had to cut out an area for the elevator servos: two servos with a 152oz of torque each. Cut out pieces to line the nose wheel well and a slot for the nose gear servo to mount in (9 oz). Nose gear door was made and came out looking OK. It will be mounted after the front of the aircraft is glassed.
Mar 19, 2016, 02:16 AM
Thread OP

Canard Control Horn Setup

Finally got some copper tubing from China. I had to bore it out a little to fit the 4mm rod from the canard. It worked out great. now I can cover this area after I make a small hatch. The aluminum control horn is from DreamWorks.
Mar 21, 2016, 11:24 AM
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
Looks awesome James! You have a link for those control horns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rhodes
Finally got some copper tubing from China. I had to bore it out a little to fit the 4mm rod from the canard. It worked out great. now I can cover this area after I make a small hatch. The aluminum control horn is from DreamWorks.
Mar 21, 2016, 01:11 PM
Hey Tube... You may want to get this one instead. I designed this for my EuroFighter canards and also for steering arm. Very deep and strong allen thread for the best grip. For steering you can either have it pull pull or cut one arm off for control arm. Very strong and great value.

I have nothing to do with this site. I designed this unit and had John manufacture due to not being able to purchase them for the Euros. I also use them on my Large A6 Intruder for the flying stabs. I designed it so that you can actually drill them out to fit larger diameters. So lots of meat on the hubs.

http://lasercuttingbyjohn.com/produc...g-control-arm/
Mar 21, 2016, 11:46 PM
Thread OP

Canard Control Horns

I got the control horns from DreamWorks at http://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog/Hinges-Horns?page=3 They cost twice the price of the ones that Acesimmer recommend.
Mar 22, 2016, 12:01 AM
Are they twice as good?
Mar 22, 2016, 07:55 AM
How low can you go?
Awesome build! Thinking of starting a twin 90mm SU-39 Frogfoot. Using D_FAST's plans for a Hotwire just scaled up
Mar 22, 2016, 06:12 PM
Thread OP

Control Horns

Nop, not twice as good but thicker. I filed off the top hole and it fit perfect after that. The one that Acesimmer suggest will work if you cut off one end and trim down the other end to shorten it to fit in that bay. It looks like it is made of aluminum also. The SU-39 Frogfoot is a kool jet to. That's the Russian version of the A-10.
Last edited by James Rhodes; Mar 22, 2016 at 06:50 PM.

Quick Reply