Jun 16, 2019, 05:53 AM
who gave you this information? There's no info on their website...
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2019, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapti
who gave you this information? There's no info on their website...
That's literally the only information on their site, if you try to open any of the categories on the menu this message pops up. What site are you looking at?
Jun 19, 2019, 05:30 AM
That will simply buff out
Try this site

http://www.therccustomjets.cz/en/mod...c-construction
Jun 19, 2019, 08:38 AM
Don't know if it's the same kit, even if it isn't it's a beautiful kit, but I didn't see any prices on them and I am pretty sure I contacted them a couple of years ago and the prices were way out of my budget. Looks like they don't keep any in stock but cut them as they get orders for them? But does it really take 4 weeks to cut a CNC kit?
Jun 19, 2019, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_crash
Don't know if it's the same kit, even if it isn't it's a beautiful kit, but I didn't see any prices on them and I am pretty sure I contacted them a couple of years ago and the prices were way out of my budget. Looks like they don't keep any in stock but cut them as they get orders for them? But does it really take 4 weeks to cut a CNC kit?

Joe, from the first post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rhodes
Classic CAD design by Pekos, custom project started : SU 33 2x 90mm edf, lenght 2000mm.
pekos has provided permission for some sites to laser cut and distribute his design, the CZ site are all his designs and include the same one OP is building.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1&postcount=16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_crash
I didn't see any prices on them and I am pretty sure I contacted them a couple of years ago and the prices were way out of my budget. Looks like they don't keep any in stock but cut them as they get orders for them? But does it really take 4 weeks to cut a CNC kit?
For reference, I spent close to $400 for laser cutting of my 1/11 scale A-10 kit a few years back, and that was just for cost of wood and shipping, no labor mark-up.
Jun 22, 2019, 08:47 AM
I guess I didn't really take the size of the kit into consideration or the amount of time the laser is on and cutting (I believe that's how laser cutters price their jobs?) It really is a beautiful kit! Believe me, that's one kit I wish I had the resources to build! (Time, money the wherewithal to build such an intricate kit!)
Aug 13, 2019, 02:22 AM
Thread OP

Laser cut SU-33

Needs to be painted and cockpit done; There was a guy that said he would do a cockpit for me but he never came thru with his promise. If only I could find someone to do that. The model is so big it has its room, lol! I wanted to get it done and have it hung in the local hobby shop but each of the shops I approached went out of business sad to say. The company in Australia is where I purchased mine from before they went out of business. I bought two of them at $475 each which included shipping to the states. I still have one in the box in storage and the other you see in the pictures. The closest decent hobby shop is in Dallas. Maybe the next time I'm over that way I can ask one of those guys. While there I'll check out the N. Dallas RC Club.
Aug 18, 2019, 02:12 AM
Thread OP

3D Cockpit

I contacted the guy at the site above (http://www.therccustomjets.cz/en/mod...c-construction). He told me to give him two weeks to come up with a file to make one on a 3D printer. If he comes thru I will share it with everyone here.
Sep 14, 2019, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rhodes
I contacted the guy at the site above (http://www.therccustomjets.cz/en/mod...c-construction). He told me to give him two weeks to come up with a file to make one on a 3D printer. If he comes thru I will share it with everyone here.
did you get it?
Sep 23, 2019, 04:25 PM
Hello,

I built one EF2000 from that one web ( design by pekos) and it flies awesome! Only need two trim flights. You have to ensure CG because in mine wasn't the same that he gives. I hope you fly soon!!
Oct 09, 2019, 12:21 AM
The Euro looks great. What CG position did you use? Iíve just finished mine and getting ready to fly. Would be great if you could let me know where yours balanced. Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carreter0
Hello,

I built one EF2000 from that one web ( design by pekos) and it flies awesome! Only need two trim flights. You have to ensure CG because in mine wasn't the same that he gives. I hope you fly soon!!
Oct 09, 2019, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevc
The Euro looks great. What CG position did you use? Iíve just finished mine and getting ready to fly. Would be great if you could let me know where yours balanced. Thanks in advance
38cm from leading edge of the wing. Be carefull, trim up because this CG is a little advanced and the out air jets is looking down.
Oct 11, 2019, 07:23 PM
Thanks for that, greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carreter0
38cm from leading edge of the wing. Be carefull, trim up because this CG is a little advanced and the out air jets is looking down.

Quick Reply