This thread is privately moderated by santanig5, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 26, 2015, 07:55 PM
Ghost Rider the pattern's full
Thread OP
Discussion

AirField T-28 Trojan ARF with SAFE Rx

Specifications:
Wingspan: 1450mm(57.09 inches)
Length: 1198mm(47.17 inches)
Weight: 2500g(88.18 oz)
Prop: 15 inches Propeller
Color: Red
Electronics:
Servo: 10pcs*9g,1pc*25g
Motor: 4250 out-runner brushless KV580
ESC: 60A Brushless(HobbyWing)

10A UBEC/Delay system/Electric retracts landing gear/LED lights/Pilot included/Decal applied

Overview
Airfield’s latest 6 Channel T-28 Trojan comes powered with a potent 4250 580KV brushless outrunner motor that provides sport aerobatic performance and enough power to climb with ease. Its tough EPO (Expanded Polyolefin) construction is exceptionally resistant to damage and can be easily repaired with any medium-viscosity CA or epoxy.

Installed SAFE Rx rotated 180 degrees in order for SAFE correction to operate ailerons in the correct direction without reversers. Reversed Aileron channel in DX9.
Rotated the servo control arm for the elevator 180 degrees for SAFE correction to operate elevator in the correct direction without reversers. Reversed Elevator channel in DX9.
Connected Flaps and Retracts to Aux 2 with standard "Y" cable, no revers needed. Programmed Digital servo in DX9 for Aux 2 on switch D

Pos 0. 100 "Flaps Up" / Gear Up
Pos 1. -15 "Take off Flaps" / Gear Down
Pos 2 -60 "Landing Flaps"

Plan to maiden her tomorrow.
Finally got the maiden flight.

***UPDATE*** 09/23/16
Replaced nose gear with the Alloy Oleo Nose Strut with Wheel and Rubber Tire (111mm Length, 4mm Mounting Pin) from HobbyKing.

After removing the tire and wire cover I measured the depth inside the Oleo Nose Strut, 14mm.

I then Transferred that measurement to the strut and cut the wire with dremel tool.

I fitted the nose strut with the hing towards the front so the wheel would not interfere with the bay doors.

I found like with the mains I had to grind with a dremel sanding wheel a flat side to the strut so it would lay flat on the servo and not bind. I also cut the end off of the grub screw once seated and tight.

I had to remove the foam all the way to the battery tray to give the tire clearance and keep the servo from binding.

With the new nose wheel and FMS prop I have about 1 6/16" clearance.

****Quick update**** 09/25/16
after taxi test, having the hing in the front had unexpected results, the nose squats down as I throttle up and the prop hits the ground. I reversed it, which meant I had to grind down the other Aside and I had to shim up the back two servo screws with two flat washer each because the hing was impacting the steering servo.
BUT after that fix she taxies fine and the landing was no issue all of the Oleos worked as expected.
I may order an new Nose Strut just so the front side doesn't look so ugly.

Airfield 1450mm T-28 with Alloy Oleo Strut 100mm Straight Mains for 60~120 Class (0 min 6 sec)

***UPDATE*** 09/08/16
Replaced the main gear with Alloy Oleo Strut 100mm Straight Mains for 60~120 Class from Hobby King.
Following the work done by Flyindude see post
I wish he had shown how far he cut down the strut, it would have made the job faster, so I did. 4mm. :-)

Airfield 1450mm T-28 Main gear door mod (0 min 11 sec)

***UPDATE*** 08/22/16
Cockpit Cam Mod:
Added Pan/Tilt Camera Platform Gimbal Anti-Vibration Camera Mount w/ 2 Servos, replaced the Tilt servo with a FMS 9g Servo 54 Degree Rotation with Arm (270mm Cable Length). to limit the travel.

Also replaced the EFLR310013 Apprentice SAFE Rx with a EFL5250V1 SAFE Select Rx from a E-Flite Timber. The extra channel allow me to separate the gear and flaps as was originally intended. Still working on some of the quirks of the SAFE Select Rx, but since I fly in AS3X mode it's not really a issue right now I just have it there as insurance should I loose perspective or orientation.

YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Htcn6A2FW5ePYJ
Last edited by santanig5; Apr 25, 2018 at 04:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 26, 2015, 08:19 PM
Nice,I am thinking about getting the same setup.
Have a great flight.
Nov 26, 2015, 09:26 PM
Good luck with the maiden.
SAFE Ex rotated 180 degrees in what direction.

I am using ar636 on my visionaire and the aileron deflect correctly when the plane is upside down.
Nov 26, 2015, 09:37 PM
Ghost Rider the pattern's full
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by syed
Good luck with the maiden.
SAFE Ex rotated 180 degrees in what direction.

I am using ar636 on my visionaire and the aileron deflect correctly when the plane is upside down.
not sure what you are asking, I installed the SAFE Rx with the servo connectors towards the front and dip switches towards the back.

Quick Reply