Nov 26, 2015, 03:03 PM
FNG
Thread OP
Discussion

Axial SCX 10 axles for rat rod

FNG here Any input on running SCX and after market SCX rearends under t-buckets in 1/10 just leaning that way wondering? Thanks not sure of tranny/gear yet! I have a few original gear sets not sure yet. And a brum roadster for one body AKCRABBER
to remove ads between posts
Nov 26, 2015, 11:38 PM
oh that guy
I saw a chassis ment for building a gasser or hot rod using a scx10 rear axle that might get you in the right direction. For the life of me I can't remember where I came across it. Other than that I want to see it!
Nov 27, 2015, 09:34 AM
Bash the planet!!
Here ya go. Looks like it started out as a wraith. And is just way too cool. This guy does amazing work.
This thing is probably the coolest RC tow rig you'll ever see! For more on this epic (2 min 5 sec)
Nov 27, 2015, 12:47 PM
FNG
Thread OP

Wow

Oh that's sinister! My cars are hiding....
Nov 27, 2015, 01:54 PM
Bash the planet!!
Yeah this guy takes scale builds to a whole new level.
Nov 27, 2015, 07:41 PM
Suspended Account
That is badass.
Nov 28, 2015, 01:04 AM
FNG
Thread OP

Front end idea

Bought traxxas front end to build my classic straight axle.
Nov 28, 2015, 09:21 AM
Bash the planet!!
Cool, keep us updated. I want to see how it turns out.
Dec 01, 2015, 04:51 PM
boat butcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitwhatsthat View Post
Here ya go. Looks like it started out as a wraith. And is just way too cool. This guy does amazing work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVQYWZDxLiw
So cool .

Mark
Dec 02, 2015, 12:49 AM
Boats on the brain!!
Too cool.
Dec 03, 2015, 03:18 AM
FNG
Thread OP
Like this sorta I plan on useing SCX 10 rear with a frame like this. Might cut up stock rails and tig back together. I was thinking of using a Tamiyia 1/14 3 speed tranny. Might just shape body looks simpler than boats I shape. I like features of the above recovery rig I like the movement pretty awesome. Lots of F1 guys on videos I've seen tie hands and wheel into front serv along with driver head. If I tied movement to driver he would drink beer when you turn rat rod. I will post he start soon as I get back set up to work!! Might wire feed axial frame or tig weld I have welded hem before to make tube rear sections to match honcho body. so I think I can nail the simple ratty stance. AKCRABBER

Quick Reply