Dec 01, 2015, 12:38 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcguy355
Also what about the 1/18 scale ecx temper like I would like a 1/10 scale crawler but whatever but I found something even bigger for cheap

http://www.nitrorcx.com/51c875-maxst...een-24ghz.html
Anybody know if this is ok quality
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2015, 01:22 AM
Quote:

I don't own one but I've heard some people say they hate it and some say they love it.

But I think you need to narrow down your choices as you basically asked for virtually every kind of rc vehicle and in different scales lol. Not trying to be mean or anything its just a lot easier to help you.

If you're looking for something affordable, scale, and has been performing great for me you should consider the HG crawlers. I have the P402 and its only 62$ on GearBest right now

http://m.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_227348.html

You'll probably still be under 100$ shipped.
Dec 01, 2015, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Maxstones have plastic gears so stay away. Get a Mad Torque. There's no better bang for the buck in rock crawling.

Mad Torque 1/8 Rock Crawler With Z71 Body (19 min 18 sec)

NitroRCX has the BF10OFF good for 10% off the RTR which may still be good.
Dec 01, 2015, 07:15 PM
Thread OP
It will probably be the HG402 (maybe HG601)
Or the mad torque crawler
Last edited by Rcguy355; Dec 01, 2015 at 11:09 PM. Reason: too many numbers
Dec 01, 2015, 08:20 PM
Quote:
It will probably be the HG401 (maybe HG601)
Or the mad torque crawler
They are both good crawlers and which ever choice you make will be a great one.
Dec 01, 2015, 08:40 PM
You have to tell us what size rocks you have. For me the Axial stuff couldn't handle the rocks I have, simply due to size. If you get something like the Mad Torque and all you have are small rocks, you'll get bored quickly. It seems I'm blessed with natural large obstacles which many don't have access to.

There seems to be two types of rock crawling enthusiasts based on my observations: The scalar enthusiasts where having a realistic looking rig is most important and then the max crawling enthusiast who wants to scale large obstacles.
Dec 01, 2015, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
You have to tell us what size rocks you have. For me the Axial stuff couldn't handle the rocks I have, simply due to size. If you get something like the Mad Torque and all you have are small rocks, you'll get bored quickly. It seems I'm blessed with natural large obstacles which many don't have access to.

There seems to be two types of rock crawling enthusiasts based on my observations: The scalar enthusiasts where having a realistic looking rig is most important and then the max crawling enthusiast who wants to scale large obstacles.

I agree, me personally I like the realistic scale rigs. I like the realistic accessories like hitches, winches, tow hooks, etc etc. Not that there's anything wrong with the larger crawlers they both have there fun advantages.
Dec 01, 2015, 09:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill

Well I live in oregon where it rains a lot so there's drains filled with little rock hills and some rocks are big and some are small also I go camping every once in a while and there's usually a lot of rock hills around me and there's my house which would be fun trying to scale over things and making bridges or something so for around me would be smallish rocks I'd say
Dec 01, 2015, 09:39 PM
Quote:
I meant nimh instead of lipo but I just over charged it and it's useless now and after that I only had one battery and still do and the battery was new

Yeah thats the thing with nimh, people dont realise that they can be really dangerous if you dont charge and discharge them correctly. nicds are very stable but nimh really isnt.
Dec 01, 2015, 09:42 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexpretadorGT
They are both good crawlers and which ever choice you make will be a great one.
Well I'm guessing you own these vehicles (duh)
But could you send a comparison of them picture of them, and I don't have the widest selections of rc vehicles so list some things or something like that if you can
Dec 01, 2015, 09:42 PM
Thread OP
Or just measure them
Dec 01, 2015, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Well I'm guessing you own these vehicles (duh)
But could you send a comparison of them picture of them, and I don't have the widest selections of rc vehicles so list some things or something like that if you can
No I only own the HG P402, but have heard good things about the mad torque.

But the HG P402 has been really good to me. I paid 120$ shipped so I wasn't sure what to expect but upon opening the box I thought it was really well made! It's mainly plastic but strong plastic, it won't break anytime soon. As a matter of fact I haven't broken anything in it yet.

I've crawled it over small to medium sized rocks, tree roots, sand, gravel, dirt, and no problems. It pulls my boat ( 36 inch fiberglass boat with two 3s 5000 mah heavy duty batteries in it....heavy boat) in and out of the water no problem. Even on the algae ridden boat ramp. It struggles to tow it in thick grass, but that grass is almost as tall as the tires lol. It's a scale truck, you can customize the heck out of it. And parts are super cheap, and most parts are available in the bang good US ware house.
Dec 01, 2015, 11:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfrog1
Yeah thats the thing with nimh, people dont realise that they can be really dangerous if you dont charge and discharge them correctly. nicds are very stable but nimh really isnt.
Yeah, I should probably starve out my Dominous's battery before it goes bad D:
Dec 01, 2015, 11:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexpretadorGT
No I only own the HG P402, but have heard good things about the mad torque.

But the HG P402 has been really good to me. I paid 120$ shipped so I wasn't sure what to expect but upon opening the box I thought it was really well made! It's mainly plastic but strong plastic, it won't break anytime soon. As a matter of fact I haven't broken anything in it yet.

I've crawled it over small to medium sized rocks, tree roots, sand, gravel, dirt, and no problems. It pulls my boat ( 36 inch fiberglass boat with two 3s 5000 mah heavy duty batteries in it....heavy boat) in and out of the water no problem. Even on the algae ridden boat ramp. It struggles to tow it in thick grass, but that grass is almost as tall as the tires lol. It's a scale truck, you can customize the heck out of it. And parts are super cheap, and most parts are available in the bang good US ware house.
Well I was meaning both of you btw

I watched some reviews on the HG P402 and I liked it but you would need a new transmitter for the transmission and there's some plastic flex but it's a neat cheap crawler and I would probably end up adding scale features like a winch and all that also how did you get those figures in there? Cause there's a plastic divider thing did you add a new body? Or drill holes or something. Would the 6x6 version help with anything? Stability I guess but I don't see much other than looking awesome and more traction and flex
Last edited by Rcguy355; Dec 02, 2015 at 02:45 AM.
Dec 02, 2015, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Well I was meaning both of you btw

I watched some reviews on the HG P402 and I liked it but you would need a new transmitter for the transmission and there's some plastic flex but it's a neat cheap crawler and I would probably end up adding scale features like a winch and all that also how did you get those figures in there? Cause there's a plastic divider thing did you add a new body? Or drill holes or something. Would the 6x6 version help with anything? Stability I guess but I don't see much other than cooling and more traction and flex
You don't need a new transmitter to operate the two speed tranny, you just need the two speed shift kit which is about 10$. The stock transmitter is indeed three channel. It flexes some but hardly noticeable, and they have metal upgrades. Even with all the metal upgrades you'll probably still be under 200$

I just cut out a hole and put my figures in there lol. I managed to install a integy functional winch, some LEDs, tow shackles, sand ladders, and some skis lol...

Quick Reply