Product testing 3 gliders Saturday 11/28 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 25, 2015, 02:36 AM
Help!

Product testing 3 gliders Saturday 11/28

Hello,
I need pilots to test fly a few gliders and then take a survey on their performance.

(I just learned there is an event Saturday so I will be doing this around 1pm after the event is finished.)

I'm getting my masters at UC Davis. For my statistics project I'm going to compare the flying performance between various gliders. Hopefully the data will provide insights on how similar and different each ship is. It may also provide criteria to what a new design should have.

I already tried this last Sunday with my local flyers in Roseville. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. I brought a Calypso, Conscendo, and a Radian. I had everyone fly a similar flight pattern with each and asked them a few questions after each flight.

I need more participants in order to get more reliable results. Therefore I plan on being at the Davis field this Saturday at 1pm (perhaps Sunday late morning as well). Any pilot who will not crash my test gliders is welcome to participate. Weather should be in the mid 50s but clear.

I hope to publish my findings here on RCG. Please help me make statistics fun!

Thanks
Ben
Last edited by hasselblad7; Nov 26, 2015 at 01:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 26, 2015, 01:21 PM
Our event isn't usually over till 2 pm or so. Just giving you a heads up on timing. I can help Saturday and Sunday.
Lou
Nov 27, 2015, 10:31 AM
Good for what ALES you
We have often mixed both ALES and TD or Cross-Country events, so it should be possible to run your tests during our event, we just need to coordinate for safety. If you can make it to our pilot's meeting at 9:30, we can let all of the pilots know of your efforts, otherwise, when you arrive, come see us at the scoring table.
Nov 27, 2015, 12:40 PM
Thanks guys. It should be a fun experience. Happy Black Friday!
Nov 30, 2015, 02:36 AM
Thanks everyone for helping me out with the testing and letting me hang out with you all.

I was on the Davis campus today and Murphy's law, it was sunny and no wind.

I hope to crunch the numbers and see if I have enough data to form a report.
I'll keep you updated. Thanks again.