Nov 24, 2015, 04:27 AM
Where o where has my America g
Thread OP
Question

Thunder ac6 charger

Is it a possibility to change more than 1 3 or 4 cell batteries with thus unit? I see expansion boards for sale but not sure they will work with this unit.
And any low cost multiple chargers you would suggest
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2015, 10:18 AM
Yes, the parallel expansion boards will work. However, you must remember that the total output of the charger in watts will now be divided among the number of packs you are trying to charge. For example, if you are using all 50-watts of power to charge the first battery and hook up a second battery of the same capacity, it will now take twice as long to charge the packs because you only have 25 watts going to each battery.
Nov 24, 2015, 03:04 PM
Thread OP
I believe it's a 50 watt charger do you get the full 50 plugged in to ac ? I have a big power supply but not sure how to check the wattage used
Nov 25, 2015, 01:32 AM
Watts is Volts times Amps. So it depends on what voltage pack you are charging and what you have the amperage on the AC6 set to. Example: a 3S, 2200 mAh pack charging at 2.2 amps (1C) would be taking 26.4 Watts, if the charger is putting 12 Volts into the pack at 2.2 Amps. This would allow you to charge the pack from about half charge to full charge in approximately 30 minutes. If you tried to parallel charge two, 3S, 2200 mAh packs it would require 52.8 Watts, so your charger could not charge two packs at 2.2 Amps. Your charge rate would have to be set a little lower (about 2 Amps) and it would take a little longer to charge.
Nov 25, 2015, 12:14 PM
Thread OP
So the long and the short of it my little charger is great for single batteries .... the thunder ac6 is a very good and reliable charger thag cost about 45 bucks and it came with every adapter for easy use however. As you grow in this hobby so does the demand for charging the stack if batteries that seem to be growing daily. Sooooo
Suggestions on a low cost/cost effective charger that will do multiple batteries with ease
Nov 25, 2015, 12:35 PM
Suspended Account
yes this one with parallel board . you will need a power supply.many use atx comp one modded or a server ps.https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...e_Charger.html
Nov 25, 2015, 02:48 PM
Thread OP
A friend gave me a server power supply so thanks I'll go look
Nov 25, 2015, 11:44 PM
The charger recommended will only supply the full 300 Watts of output power if your power supply is greater than 18-Volts. I did not see what the output power was at 12-Volts. You can download a copy of the manual from the Files Tab on the Hobby King page in the link losi man provided.
Last edited by kamcoman; Nov 25, 2015 at 11:44 PM. Reason: mispelling
Nov 26, 2015, 12:09 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for your efforts. I will. I have quite about of stuffing to to

Quick Reply