RCG Place of the Month - Chino Valley Model Aviators

This month's featured Place is the The Chino Valley Model Aviators in Chino Valley Arizona...

Splash

RCGroups November Place of the Month

This month's featured Place is the The Chino Valley Model Aviators in Chino Valley Arizona. This club started up back in 1985 with a handful of guys flying from a small dirt patch. The club has moved around from different flying locations over the years and they now have a very nice spot thanks to the town of Chino Valley. Their purpose is to promote the hobby and they are part of the AMA as chapter #3798. Club members participate in monthly meetings and they host a variety of fun events throughout the year. Check out the Chino Valley Model Aviators Places Page here.

Nov 26, 2015, 11:51 PM
Close enough
Awesome! Thanks for the news blurb Jason. We especially like visitors at our field.

Marc
Enthusiastic member and club booster.
http://www.chinovalleymodelaviators.org
Nov 27, 2015, 12:22 PM
Nice, thanks for making CVMA the RCG Place of the Month.
Nov 27, 2015, 06:19 PM
Suspended Account
Too bad they're hostile to heli guys.
Nov 27, 2015, 08:33 PM
Close enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasork
Too bad they're hostile to heli guys.
I'm a relatively new member but I haven't seen any hostility to anybody who flies anything.

Here's a photo of Chris (#1) who is an excellent heli pilot and club member and flies awesome big air 3D:
https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...9-DSC03035.jpg

And here's a photo of Chris (#2) who builds incredible award winning scale helis:
https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...4-DSC02448.jpg

And when either of these guys fly everyone usually watches in awe, not hostility. I'm not sure why all our heli pilots are named Chris though.

Marc
Nov 27, 2015, 09:01 PM
Suspended Account
Oh yeah, I know of both Chris-es. Heard of the first guy when flying out at the wash by the airport, but I never met or even saw him in person. The second one is the scale guy with the Navy TH-57 Sea Ranger. All I know is the club was especially hostile (looking at YOU Rick Nicholls) when I inquired about flying helis. As a result, I never joined and just ended up flying in a large undeveloped housing development and/or at the end of my road, both locations in Chino. This was about two years ago. Does Andy still fly helis? Last time I saw him at the club was during one of the annual events, which was pylon races.
Nov 28, 2015, 12:48 PM
Nov 28, 2015, 02:40 PM
wasork..Kindly edit your post removing your by name personal attack or I will report it and ask that it be removed.

As far as CVMA being hostile to helicopters, that might be your perception, but it isn't reality. We have plenty of members that fly helis and multi-rotors. The only thing we insist on is that all members, regardless of what you fly, comply with the AMA code of safety.

Please come on out and come flying with us. I assure you that all are welcome.
Nov 28, 2015, 06:51 PM
Suspended Account
Truth hurts. Nicholls was a real you-know-what via email and his name STANDS, as far as I'm concerned. That treatment was NOT welcome or appropriate whether the club allowed helis, quads, etc or not.
Dec 02, 2015, 10:28 PM
Classic jets rule
well we enjoyed our visit there in oct . great to see a club get some attaboys for there club very friendly bunch and I saw a few copter flown there while we were there for 3 days.
Jan 14, 2016, 01:17 PM
vrfpvflyer

Congrats

Congrats! As a visitor a few years ago, while out camping from Las Vegas NV. I thank you for allowing me to fly there. Was fun.

Quick Reply