Nov 23, 2015, 04:35 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Eachine i6 transmitter

Hello,

I am new to this and i hope to get your help.
I am flying toy quadcopters for 3 months. Started with fy326 and then got the nihui u807 and hubsan x4 for indoors.

I wanted to move to something better, so i just ordered eachine racer 250 fpv / rtf from banggood. It comes with eachine i6 transmitter / receiver.

At the same time i am studying so that i can build a 150 mm quad on my own. I think i will try building a diatone blade 150. So, my question is, can i find a receiver to use with the eachine i6 controller, so that i dont have to buy a whole new controller? Bangood does not sell the eachine i6 receiver alone.

Looking forward to get your help guys,

Regards
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2015, 08:25 AM
I guess it's a FS-i6 rebranded radio, look for the original FlySky radio.
Last edited by renatoa; Nov 28, 2015 at 05:40 AM.
Nov 27, 2015, 06:54 PM
that you cant set failsafe
Nov 28, 2015, 05:39 AM
Yes, you can, the 6ch telemetry receiver is a new model.

You can't on some older receivers.
Nov 28, 2015, 08:12 AM
I have googled and you tubed cant find how to do it . could you please help its brand new it come with the eachine racer 250 with monitor and transmitter . The flysky i6 is hold the ok button for a long one. Then you get the menu eachine i6 that dont work .
Nov 28, 2015, 12:40 PM
Thread OP
A guy at banggood product page replied to me that i could use it with flysky i6 receivers but to get all the features of the radio i must flash it with the original flysky i6 firmware because the menu of eachine i6 transmitter is locked

So, my question is this: if i flash it (dont know exactly how to do this yet), will it still be able to bind with the eachine i6 receiver which is installed on my eachine 250 racer?

will i have to do any binding process?

thank you
Nov 28, 2015, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkycounter
A guy at banggood product page replied to me that i could use it with flysky i6 receivers but to get all the features of the radio i must flash it with the original flysky i6 firmware because the menu of eachine i6 transmitter is locked

So, my question is this: if i flash it (dont know exactly how to do this yet), will it still be able to bind with the eachine i6 receiver which is installed on my eachine 250 racer?

will i have to do any binding process?

thank you
If you cant just noticed you need a pig tail from controller to receiver the plug on the receiver that comes with the eachine 250 rtf is different then anything i have ever seen.
Nov 28, 2015, 02:33 PM
found the pigtail http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Race...p-1012630.html .
you have to buy flight controller to get it
eachine racer 250 rtf problem AVI (6 min 34 sec)
Last edited by brad baker; Nov 29, 2015 at 10:38 AM. Reason: explained wrong
Dec 02, 2015, 04:38 AM
While the transmitter is off, hold the two bottom trim buttons inwards and turn it on. Release the trim buttons and the menu is now unlocked. Access the menu by holding down the 'ok' button. You can set failsafe by going into the menu then click 'ok' on System Setup -> RX Setup -> Failsafe.
I'd like to take credit for this but it was not me who figured it out. A comment in the above youtube vid provided the answer, thanks Big Wad.
Dec 02, 2015, 04:43 PM
Thread OP
Thats great guys. I have just successfully set failsafe (and saved it)

If anyone has any info about binding this transmitter to a new flysky i6 receiver onto another quad, it would be great
Dec 02, 2015, 05:01 PM
Eachine racer 250 rtf failsafe problem solved thanx to Big Wad . ferg.eachine customer support. Banggood and all rc group members
eachine racer 250 rtf failsafe problem solved (5 min 44 sec)
Dec 02, 2015, 08:02 PM

Thanks

Thanks for the info to get into the menu to set fail safe. Will do this as soon as possible.
Can this Eachine transmitter connect to a PC and work with the free simulators. I have seen a cable for the Flysky transmitter but the one I have seen says it is only a download cable not a upload.
Not flown my racer yet because of bad weather and thought I could get some practise on the computer if that's possible.
Thanks again.
Dec 03, 2015, 04:03 AM
Try looking in the flysky i6 thread this radio is almost the same software is a little different . i use my 9xr on the simulator .
Jan 07, 2016, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad baker
Eachine racer 250 rtf failsafe problem solved thanx to Big Wad . ferg.eachine customer support. Banggood and all rc group members
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2lMLcjnntM
Good point Brad - thank you
Apr 02, 2016, 07:10 PM

Eachine i6 controller RX voltage

Hello,

I am new to quad copters and got the Eachine 250 Racer.
Thanks to this thread I was able to go to the menu of the controller and played around with the RX receiver voltage alarm on the transmitter menu.
However, I could never get to find the right voltage value to correspond to my 3S low voltage value to alarm? Has anybody been successful using this feature on the I6? My eachine uses 3S battery. I set the alarm to 5.55volts and a low volts of 5.0 volts. As soon as I turn on the receiver it sends an alarm on my transmitter and starts beeping. Is the voltage from the Rx a divided by 2 voltage? Thanks.

Transmitter: FlySKy - I6
Receiver: FS-IA6

Quick Reply