Nov 24, 2015, 08:21 PM
Thread OP
The mail girl brought me a set of big fat trexlers today WOOHOO! BTW I have a new unopened set of 5 inch dubro inflatable tires for sale now, I figured they were too heavy for a bee. $20 shipped to the lower 48
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2015, 08:35 PM
Thread OP
Here's a shot of the stab/elevator contruction for the gentleman doing the big lazy in case he's wondering what else she's got in the caboose. As you can see the stab is made up from several pieces with 3/16x3/8 hardwood spars and cross grain end pieces, more work yes but more stiffness with minimal weight gain.
Nov 25, 2015, 10:38 AM
Gunnymike, I don't know if you have seen this, but here is an old pic of another "Big" Speedy Bee... It looks like it might be about 150% like yours.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/prof...tml#post498201
Nov 25, 2015, 10:48 AM
Thread OP
Yessir, that photo was my inspiration.
Nov 25, 2015, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnymike
The mail girl brought me a set of big fat trexlers today WOOHOO! BTW I have a new unopened set of 5 inch dubro inflatable tires for sale now, I figured they were too heavy for a bee. $20 shipped to the lower 48
Trexlers are awesome - don't forget one for your tail wheel too! I put Kavan SuperLights on my bees because I don't like the maintenance required for the Trexlers, but those Trexlers sure are light - and you can't replace their looks.
Nov 25, 2015, 11:08 AM
Thread OP
The tail wheel is a number 6g coming from stevens aero model, supposedly exclusive to them.
Nov 25, 2015, 12:29 PM
If He flys it He breaks it.
Mike Andy told me that using ply gives a lot reinforcement and little weight.

Jack
Nov 25, 2015, 01:01 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Jack and thanks to andy, I hope it doesn't bug him to see his designs diddled with.
Last edited by Gunnymike; Nov 25, 2015 at 01:24 PM.
Nov 25, 2015, 02:09 PM
If He flys it He breaks it.
No he actually supports it (within reason).
Nov 26, 2015, 09:24 PM
Thread OP
It was a great day for a bee, dead calm (mostly) bright, sunny and had the field all to myself while the turkey was in the oven.
Nov 27, 2015, 10:29 PM
Cobra Driver
Great to hear about the Bee flights. I was thinking about coming out myself. But I didn't have enough time to get things charged and out there before I had to go into work.
Dec 18, 2015, 04:34 PM
Thread OP
Not much new here, we've had momma visiting for a few weeks and I'm starting to get business in so there hasn't been much Bee time. I've started on the turtle deck and gave her a rudder post, more for the hinges to hold onto plus made light ply trays for the aileron servos.
Dec 18, 2015, 04:38 PM
Thread OP
Also got the tail wheel wire bent up.
Dec 19, 2015, 10:43 AM
Moving along anyway.
Dec 19, 2015, 11:46 PM
Thread OP
Yeah, I seem to have only one speed these days. Diabetes sucks.

Quick Reply