Dec 03, 2015, 05:58 PM
Thread OP
Two strange points with the original 10C 5400mAh battery... not sure it's correlated

1) After 3 min, a kind a huge drift and I had to do an emergency landing (video to come... the landing broke the +12V gimbal wire)

2) My FireFly 6S is no more working correctly in the sens now there is some automatic recording triggering every 3-4s .. I will check with my former battery if still happened. With the original 2K (firefly 5S), no problem
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2015, 03:59 AM
Thread OP
Added the full disassembling preocedure in #1

UPair "Chase" advanced disassembling procedure (courtesy Banggood) (7 min 1 sec)

and here is my video associated with my yesteday crash

UPair "chase" with the Firefly 6S 4K cam (Courtesy Banggood) (3 min 49 sec)
Dec 04, 2015, 04:49 AM
Gimbal doesn't seem very level, except when you're flying back towards your position.

There's quite few 'jumps' in the footage; were they there in the original footage? Also some 'black frames' here and there.

The OSD is blinking all the time; is it doing that in real life too?
Dec 04, 2015, 05:05 AM
the Flying Dutchman
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy View Post
Added the full disassembling preocedure in #1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cef8zd79TCA

I thought you had that surrounding (the part that was blocking the main board in the video from getting free) click out of position to remove those 2 screws too, at least that is how I managed to remove those screws, I clicked that out of position, and tuck a screwdriver through to get to the 2 screws, hence why I did not mention removing the surrounding in my explanation. I should have mentioned it..
Anyway, the compass cable was tie wrapped to a few other wires in my case, and I cut that little tie wrap, to then disconnect the other end of the cable, as I too did not want to force the compass-end through the hole.

I am glad you got it disassembled, and that perhaps my explanation was of any use.
Dec 04, 2015, 05:07 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter View Post
Gimbal doesn't seem very level, except when you're flying back towards your position.

There's quite few 'jumps' in the footage; were they there in the original footage? Also some 'black frames' here and there.

The OSD is blinking all the time; is it doing that in real life too?
Yes the level is not perfect ... I will ask how to improve that (I hope this hidden button can do the level)

Yes the jumps in the videos comes from the fact the 6s trigger now start/stop in a fraction of second erradically. Strange it use to work fine ... I am wondering if not coming from the 10C discharge rate of the official LiPo. As I said, no problem with the original 5S

Yes the OSD is blinking sometimes, sometimes not. I am sure it's linked with the poor soldering job in the gimbal area
Dec 04, 2015, 05:09 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmsterdamHolland View Post
I thought you had that surrounding (the part that was blocking the main board in the video from getting free) click out of position to remove those 2 screws too, at least that is how I managed to remove those screws, I clicked that out of position, and tuck a screwdriver through to get to the 2 screws, hence why I did not mention removing the surrounding in my explanation. I should have mentioned it..
Anyway, the compass cable was tie wrapped to a few other wires in my case, and I cut that little tie wrap, to then disconnect the other end of the cable, as I too did not want to force the compass-end through the hole.

I am glad you got it disassembled, and that perhaps my explanation was of any use.

For sure it helped Now at least there is this "draft" disassembling video... can help someone
Dec 04, 2015, 03:07 PM
Registered Fiend
Video is very helpful for taking apart, thanks very much.
Mine is still unflown as no power to gimbal and no fpv signal to the screen.

UPair sent me picture of changes in these gimbal connections I think is much needed. Even if it works ok as is, a small crash can make gimbal come loose from black rubber dampeners and then stresses cables - mine was hanging from 2 dampeners out of the box. Addition of connectors is welcome, I hope I can purchase upgraded part - waiting for reply.

Last edited by microrcfiend; Dec 05, 2015 at 06:35 AM.
Dec 05, 2015, 02:07 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by microrcfiend View Post
Video is very helpful for taking apart, thanks very much.
Mine is still unflown as no power to gimbal and no fpv signal to the screen.

UPair sent me picture of changes in these gimbal connections I think is much needed. Even if it works ok as is, a small crash can make gimbal come loose from black rubber dampeners and then stresses cables - mine was hanging from 2 dampeners out of the box. Addition of connectors is welcome, I hope I can purchase upgraded part - waiting for reply.

Can you repost the photo ?
Dec 05, 2015, 03:31 AM
I am the happy owner UPair. I wanted to know. Perhaps glue copper foil (screen) transmitter GSM on the camera without removing the hanger. Just lift the top.
Dec 05, 2015, 06:38 AM
Registered Fiend
Quote:
Can you repost the photo ?
I redid the link in IE and it shows in IE for me now. Was only Chrome before, I wish I knew why this randomly wasn't viewable for some people, it s super inconsistent.

If I go to advanced and try to add a file, no link I give it from google photos works, all say 'invalid file type'.
Dec 05, 2015, 08:29 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by microrcfiend View Post
I redid the link in IE and it shows in IE for me now. Was only Chrome before, I wish I knew why this randomly wasn't viewable for some people, it s super inconsistent.

If I go to advanced and try to add a file, no link I give it from google photos works, all say 'invalid file type'.

Sorry but we can't see this photo. Please use the attachement button to insert directly here a photo
Dec 05, 2015, 10:43 AM
Thread OP
Concerning my strange behaviour with my firefly 6S, I am pretty sure it's coming from extra capacitance/inductance linked with some bad soldering jobs. No problem for other chase owner with the Firefly 6S
Dec 05, 2015, 10:55 AM
Registered Fiend
Quote:
Sorry but we can't see this photo. Please use the attachement button to insert directly here a photo
That was my previous point, it does not work. 'invalid filetype'. Always same method as previous pics by me you do see. So annoying.

3 ways to get link to picture from google photos.
Get shareable link, right click page and copy picture destination or copy from address bar.

Usually only the second one works but is a massive paragraph of alphanumeric junk but even then some people can't see.
Dec 05, 2015, 11:26 AM
the Flying Dutchman
You could try saving the photo to your computer (prnt scrn method, should you not have the right to click), and attach the photo by dragging it under files when composing your reply in advanced mode.
Dec 05, 2015, 11:45 AM
Registered Fiend
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmsterdamHolland View Post
You could try saving the photo to your computer (prnt scrn method, should you not have the right to click), and attach the photo by dragging it under files when composing your reply in advanced mode.
Yes, i'm trying to say the photo is on my computer and will not attach or drag and no links from google photos seem to work. I read a couple threads saying you should manually share photos within to get them to appear in forums.

3 chase pics here if these are visible via the link?
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...V4ePI_WSz00Bqr

Quick Reply