Nov 20, 2015, 09:20 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Nano QX FPV - Low Voltage Cutoff

Dear Friends,

its that time of the year again. Alle the 250 size racequads are fixed and their batteries on storage. Now the apartment size micros are coming out of the closet and the problems we fought with last winter are back. Lets be honest - I love my Blade Nano FPV but there is an annoying problem:

When flying the Nano FPV, the voltage of the batteries sags after 3 minutes under 3,8V so the Nano lands. After a minute of waiting I can fly for another minute. How can I improve the flight times?
I was thinking of lowering the Low Voltage Cutoff on the board. Has anyone ever done that before?

Any other ideas are welcome!

cheers,
mi
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2015, 10:30 AM
You can't lower the lvc on the board. I've heard of disabling it by removing a fet somewhere. You can find that info on the actual "Nano QX FPV thread" on here. I'd really suggest heading over to the Nano-qx fpv thread and giving it a read.

For easier remedies, you can change the battery connector (they wear out after a while and cause a weak connection), and get a larger capacity battery. Also make sure your motors spin freely. A stiff motor can cause early lvc as well.
Nov 20, 2015, 01:47 PM
Just call me CRASH
Quote:
Originally Posted by miberlin
Dear Friends,

its that time of the year again. Alle the 250 size racequads are fixed and their batteries on storage. Now the apartment size micros are coming out of the closet and the problems we fought with last winter are back. Lets be honest - I love my Blade Nano FPV but there is an annoying problem:

When flying the Nano FPV, the voltage of the batteries sags after 3 minutes under 3,8V so the Nano lands. After a minute of waiting I can fly for another minute. How can I improve the flight times?
I was thinking of lowering the Low Voltage Cutoff on the board. Has anyone ever done that before?

Any other ideas are welcome!

cheers,
mi
The problem is the battery not the quad. I am using mylipo 205mAh batteries and I have to use the timer because if I don't they won't sag enough to trip the LVC until they are 90% used.

I set my timer for 4 1/2 minutes and when it goes off I have used 80% of the battery.
Nov 20, 2015, 03:51 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for you comments.

What do you mean with 90% or 80%? When I take my batteries (different brands, between 120mAh and 200mAh) out of the quad they are usually at 3.85V which is about 50%. I will have to measure it but I think with my Nano QX that is the actual cutoff voltage. I kind of don't get how you get down to 3.4v or somewhere in that region. Did you alter something on the controller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild.bill
The problem is the battery not the quad. I am using mylipo 205mAh batteries and I have to use the timer because if I don't they won't sag enough to trip the LVC until they are 90% used.

I set my timer for 4 1/2 minutes and when it goes off I have used 80% of the battery.
Nov 20, 2015, 05:07 PM
Just call me CRASH
Quote:
Originally Posted by miberlin
Thanks for you comments.

What do you mean with 90% or 80%? When I take my batteries (different brands, between 120mAh and 200mAh) out of the quad they are usually at 3.85V which is about 50%. I will have to measure it but I think with my Nano QX that is the actual cutoff voltage. I kind of don't get how you get down to 3.4v or somewhere in that region. Did you alter something on the controller?
When I charge the batteries I keep track of how much is put back into them. Just this morning I was flying my Nano FPV and a couple of the batteries took 183mAh (in a 206mAh battery) to get charged, so 90% of its capacity was used.

With battery that came with the Nano FPV when I hit LVC it would take 83 mAh to recharge the 150mAh battery so it only used 55% of its capacity.

If I fly real easy and not put much of a load on the battery I can fly about a minute longer than I can when I fly aggressively.

The better batteries can make a big difference.

Quick Reply