Jan 10, 2017, 11:14 AM
Check my blog....
How long flight time are you folks getting out of yours? I am disappointed with mine, when I get a new heli, I set the timer on count up.... then mainly hover it and watch for signs of the battery getting low.... hovering is the hardest thing for it to do.... so it got to 3 minutes and I thought I would go to 3.5 minutes.... at 3 minutes and 12 seconds it shut down with no warning, plummeted the 12" into the kitchen floor, threw off its horizontal stabilisers and canopy.

I put it back together, waited for the battery to cool, charged it again.... took it outside this time and set 3.5 minutes on the timer, because flying rather than hovering should be easier on it.... at 3 minutes 20 seconds I was bringing it back to land and it shut off in flight again from about 2' off.... spat the canopy, spat the HS's (again)

I have some 720 mAh batteries now, but where it takes 3 minutes to get the canopy on with the stock battery, it takes 5 minutes (after it is bound) to get the canopy on.... but there is gaps... the canopy wont fit on properly with the bigger battery

So, it is back in its box, will either get rid of it or make it into an open machine with a pod and boom. I love the way it looks, love the way it flies... it is awesome... but the 3 minute flight time is unacceptable... then for it simply to switch off with no warning.... Hopeless. I have the K123 as well... it gets 4 minutes on a stock battery, it cant fit the bigger battery either.... and they both get hot being enclosed canopy... people say it is best to remove windows for cooling..... so, there goes the scale look.

I wouldn't recommend them... I think XK should make a 3 and 4 bladed pod and boom machine.

I would like to know how long others are getting in flight time and what batteries y'all use?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2017, 05:15 AM
Slideways at warp speed.......
Forget the stock or bs upgrade goo rubbish batteries they are low c rating crap.... The inflight cut is the battery voltage sagging so low the lvc on the esc is kicking in.....

Turnigy nanotech 750 high C battery, slice the covering, refold the power board tight to the pack, reseal. Several Guys have done this over on the v931 site. These them fit just fine and you will get at least 50% more fly time. Guys are reporting 9 minutes just hovering around on the v931.... Two versions, one has a reversed polarity plug for the nine eagles heli so check before you plug them in..... My 4 packs should be here this week. Hobbyking aus have these in stock cheap as......

I use a 600 30c quad battery gets 4:30 out door flying on the v931 then about 20 seconds or so to bring her in. All done by around 5 minutes.

Of my 5 Goo "720". Yeah right... 2 have died, dead in less than 10 flights the other three wont get to 4 minutes and the power sags away..... My quads batterys are better and fit nice. These helis need high C rated batteries.

Im working on fitting a 900 graphene into mine.......

Or If you want to throw them away just let me know, happy to take them off ya hands...........
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Jan 11, 2017 at 05:24 AM.
Jan 11, 2017, 08:38 AM
Check my blog....
This is why I cant buy batteries from USA

If they had made the canopy 5mm longer, there would be no issue.

If the esc got moved, could fit a thicker battery in or 2x 600 mAh one on top of the other.... wired in Parallel.... have been looking at that closely.... would take care of the C rating issues
Jan 11, 2017, 01:01 PM
Cal you have hobbyking in australia man ! They are on your doorstep ! Aus warehouse CHEAP

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...-qr-w100s.html

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...o-pro-180.html

Select the aus warehouse

I buy nearly all my batteries from here.
Jan 12, 2017, 05:42 AM
Check my blog....
Which are the ones with the correct orientation of the plug? Didn't someone say the 9 eagles ones have the pos and neg reversed? I just don't want to get the wrong ones... about to pull the trigger on half a dozen as soon as I know for sure... thanks Craigus

I bought a couple of spare V931 canopies (actually, they are K123) so I am thinking of heating up some 44 cal ball and sitting them in where the corners of the battery are, to make a small bulge for clearance. I noticed the canopy only touches the corners of the battery by 'THAT MUCH' (add Maxwell smart impersonation there).... so a small bulge in the right place should work great and be hardly noticeable to the silhouette
Jan 12, 2017, 01:03 PM
the first batt is the one with the B spec plug, easy to unpin and swap the wires over, its a fraction shorter and a fraction lighter. Thats the one I have ordered and will just swap the plug wires if it needs to once I compare to the V931 setup.
Jan 12, 2017, 01:05 PM
yeah the hot ball is a good idea !
Jan 12, 2017, 10:10 PM
Check my blog....
I ended up ordering a bunch of the A plug ones with the jst plug as well.... great price Craig... they were $4.05 each and $13 delivery for 8 so about $6 bux each delivered...

it took abut 3 hours to order them tho that was my first order from HK and when I went to order them, it popped up a window saying 'enter state or province' which was already entered?? So I kept trying again and again, tried editing my address and re-writing Qld ..... finally after much ing, the order happened.... I just saw an email about the order and you should see the address it mentions Qld (Queensland) about 4 times in the address now
Jan 12, 2017, 10:16 PM
hobbyking is good for all sorts of "consumables".........
Jun 09, 2018, 01:45 PM

What should the swash plate be?

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread:

On this XK K124 should the CCPM setting be 120 degrees as opposed to 90 degrees? Mine goes in reverse and to the left requiring 50% right trim and nearly
50% forward trim. The three servos look to be 120 degrees apart. I'm just getting back after a 20 year hiatus.

My XK K123 works pretty good.

Kurt
Jun 20, 2018, 07:44 PM
I f this is ion 6G consider carrying out a trim flight so the RX board resets the trims setting in the software to get a stabile flight - hover position.

Search the K110 thread for trim flight / gyro calibration procedure.

does it hover nicely in 3G mode with minimal correction (noting 3G does not automatically stablise - it needs to be held "inplace" by stick movements)

Otherwise you need to adjust the mechanical trims - servo arm screwed rods to get a nice static hover. I'd do a trim flight first
Jun 20, 2018, 11:41 PM
Check my blog....
Yours is on the way Craig.... what are your plans for it?
Jun 21, 2018, 12:17 AM
thinking board in the battery slot location and then a bigger battery mounted where the board goes as a first slice n dice............... battery can extend back close to the servo linkage and over the top of the motor !
Jul 04, 2018, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig
Forget the stock or bs upgrade goo rubbish batteries they are low c rating crap.... The inflight cut is the battery voltage sagging so low the lvc on the esc is kicking in.....

Turnigy nanotech 750 high C battery, slice the covering, refold the power board tight to the pack, reseal. Several Guys have done this over on the v931 site. These them fit just fine and you will get at least 50% more fly time. Guys are reporting 9 minutes just hovering around on the v931.... Two versions, one has a reversed polarity plug for the nine eagles heli so check before you plug them in..... My 4 packs should be here this week. Hobbyking aus have these in stock cheap as......

I use a 600 30c quad battery gets 4:30 out door flying on the v931 then about 20 seconds or so to bring her in. All done by around 5 minutes.

Of my 5 Goo "720". Yeah right... 2 have died, dead in less than 10 flights the other three wont get to 4 minutes and the power sags away..... My quads batterys are better and fit nice. These helis need high C rated batteries.

Im working on fitting a 900 graphene into mine.......

Or If you want to throw them away just let me know, happy to take them off ya hands...........

do you have a link to explain how to have this long flight time?
i can t arrive to find the post
Jul 27, 2018, 08:52 AM
Hi guis,

I receive my K124 a week ago, and I spend the week trying to bind it with no success. First point I already have a K120 and a K123 that bind correctly to my transmitter, and I even change the electronic of the K120 (due to crashes and Gyro failure) so I alread bind 3 XK models to my transmitter. So i do not understand why the binding procedure is not working.

I'm using a Devo 6 transmitter with Diviation Software and a 4in1 module that make it compatible with Futaba S-FHSS. I set it up to S-FHSS protocole 6 chanels and a 6 digits id. Turn the Devo on, plug the K124 battery (red light blink), press the bind button for 1sec (no more light)... and nothing happen... On my other XK models the blue light flash then both red and blue fix and it's working.

Any Idea ?

Thanks in advance.
Pascal.

Quick Reply