Nov 20, 2015, 06:46 PM
I took the bait, and ordered my Git2 from http://www.action4cameras.com/

European delivery, hope to get it in time for Christmas...
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2015, 07:00 PM
A quick dash cam time lapse video test

Shot on 1080 @ 5fps.

Works quite well as a dash cam. I suppose shooting at 10fps would be better as would gather more footage with less chance of missing any incident should one occur. This is only a quick test video to show time lapse as a dash cam. Then again some might not even find the need for time lapse when using a camera such as this as a dash camera. But doing this will increase (theoretically in time) the amount of space used on your SD card before it starts loop recording over the start of any captured video you may have.

GitUp Git 2 Dash Cam 1080 @ 5fps time lapse test. (2 min 2 sec)
Nov 20, 2015, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz

I really like the Quick Capture option because:
- it is turning Off the camera too
- camera is working normally if it is powered on in normal mode by long press of the Power button.

I can call this Quick Capture Mode as Paparazzi Mode. Also because long pressing on Shutter button when camera is turned off will start taking continuous photos.
Yes, the quick capture mode is very useful.
1. Short press shutter button to power on the camera and start recording immediately.
2. Long press shutter button to power on the camera and start continues photo.

This is supported by the hardware, not just done by firmware.
Nov 21, 2015, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelbarroso
I took the bait, and ordered my Git2 from http://www.action4cameras.com/

European delivery, hope to get it in time for Christmas...
I also took it from http://www.action4cameras.com/.
Can't wait for it ! It will replace my hero2 and it should be a huge jump forward
Nov 21, 2015, 06:59 AM
I have a FOV question:
How does git2 make it work ?

From my understanding, there is 2 solutions for that (in 1080p, with a FOV of 120°):
- Digital zoom: capture in 4672x3500 -> resize in 1920x1080 -> crop 1300x780 -> encode in 1920x1080
- Gopro way: capture in 4672x3500 -> crop in 3300x2500 -> resize in 1920x1080->encode in 1920x1080

Maybe the effective capture resolution is lower than 4672x3500 in gyro mode to allow some margin at the edges ?

Are these assumptions corrects ?
And what is git2 using ?
Could we imagine a 90°FOV without loosing too much quality ?
Nov 21, 2015, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwineproof
I also took it from http://www.action4cameras.com/.
Can't wait for it ! It will replace my hero2 and it should be a huge jump forward
Just spoke to James. They will be in next week and then ready to send out. I will make sure the post is fast.
Nov 21, 2015, 10:25 AM
YAY ! I just got an e-mail that mine was shipped. I will soon be the proud owner of one. Looking forward to putting it in the air . this camera looks great , I will post some pics. here when i can. Thanks Gitup.
Nov 21, 2015, 11:06 AM
Take a look to this video. I don't like the ground effect, it seems there are problem with the Git2 lens :-(

GitUp Git 2. 2k with Gyro Image Stabilization (0 min 54 sec)
Nov 21, 2015, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwineproof
I have a FOV question:
How does git2 make it work ?

From my understanding, there is 2 solutions for that (in 1080p, with a FOV of 120°):
- Digital zoom: capture in 4672x3500 -> resize in 1920x1080 -> crop 1300x780 -> encode in 1920x1080
- Gopro way: capture in 4672x3500 -> crop in 3300x2500 -> resize in 1920x1080->encode in 1920x1080

Maybe the effective capture resolution is lower than 4672x3500 in gyro mode to allow some margin at the edges ?

Are these assumptions corrects ?
And what is git2 using ?
Could we imagine a 90°FOV without loosing too much quality ?
Sensor resolution is 4608 x 3456, so slightly less than you have given for the GoPro. At least that is the size of the 16MP photos it produces, there will be a few more pixels and maybe the GoPro figures are not the pixels it actually uses anyway?

GitUp doesn't have much choice but to do the "zoom" the Novatek way which is as your first solution and not the best way, not sure if this is dictated by the sensor or not.

However as long as the FOV change is fairly small it is hard to see the difference in quality, I've been using the Git1 in narrow FOV mode a lot without noticing any issues. I think the Git2 has about the same difference between Wide and Narrow although I haven't tested it recently. There is no way you would get to 90 degrees without it being obvious though.

However, turning the Gyro on also reduces the FOV in order that it can move it's stabilisation window around and does it properly by clipping at the sensor resolution before scaling, in fact after clipping it ends up fairly close to a nice 4:1 scaling factor which should give a better result than with the gyro off, plus it reduces the fisheye.

Not sure what the FOV is with the gyro on, maybe I will measure it...
Nov 21, 2015, 12:56 PM
www.action4cameras.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litil
Take a look to this video. I don't like the ground effect, it seems there are problem with the Git2 lens :-(

http://youtu.be/y04gm8yXIh4

I did not like that video. very jittery
Nov 21, 2015, 01:07 PM
Itīs the achilles heel on gyro stabilizer functions - horizontal panning. Maybe GitUp can improve it, letīs wait and see. The guys of GitUp are doint a great job and iīm pretty sure theyīll fix it.
Nov 21, 2015, 02:50 PM
Mtz
Mtz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action4Cameras
I did not like that video. very jittery
This was 3 weeks ago. It is better?
1080p 60fps Gyro test on bike (1 min 33 sec)

enjoy,
Mtz
Nov 21, 2015, 03:11 PM

GitUp Git2 - 16MP Sony CMOS, Gyro, RC, Ext. Mic, Wi-Fi, GoPro size **Owners T...

That video Mtz, suffers the same gello at the end of the video 1:13 left rocks.

Take a look.
Nov 21, 2015, 04:15 PM
www.action4cameras.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz
This was 3 weeks ago. It is better?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLDsjkh1VZU

enjoy,
Mtz
That is a much better and clean video.
It could however be the same if looking at the christmas tree. It could be the lighting and electrical interference in the building when this one is outside.

Btw, Beautiful view.
Nov 21, 2015, 04:38 PM

Crop Mapping

I am looking for a high resolution camera to take still photos of potato fields while they are growing.

My understanding is that The Git2 will take 16MP stills is this correct and what is the best image file format to use ?

I also need to modify the camera removing the infra red blocking filter and replacing it with another filter. Can this be done ?

Finally I am looking at using an X-uav Mini Talon as my platform with an Ardupilot auto pilot is there a way to trigger the camera using the autopilot ?

Quick Reply