Apr 18, 2019, 11:35 AM
I seem to recall reading somewhere that it's possible to do FPV with the Git2. I was assuming that this would be wifi but there seems to be an A/V output cable available for it so I guess this is for analogue video. Sorry to ask a silly question but what would the other end of the cable be connected to? Ive got some cheap Eachine goggles so would I need an additional device for the GitUp cam to connect with to transmit the signal to my goggles?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2019, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonblade
I seem to recall reading somewhere that it's possible to do FPV with the Git2. I was assuming that this would be wifi but there seems to be an A/V output cable available for it so I guess this is for analogue video. Sorry to ask a silly question but what would the other end of the cable be connected to? Ive got some cheap Eachine goggles so would I need an additional device for the GitUp cam to connect with to transmit the signal to my goggles?
Wifi range from action cameras is very limited; not mend to be used for fpv, but for camera set up and triggering close(r) by.

You need to hook up the Git2 to a 5.8gHz fpv vTx (video transmitter). For instance, I used this one on my XK X380 with my Git2 on a G2D gimbal
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Apr 18, 2019 at 05:04 PM.
Apr 18, 2019, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
You need to hook up the Git2 to a 5.8gHz fpv vTx (video transmitter). For instance, I used this one on my XK X380 with my Git2 on a G2D gimbal
Ah thanks. What kind of output socket would I be looking for on the Git2 to connect those cables? I don't recognise the connections.

I want to add this FPV setup to my Phantom 2 along with a gimbal. I got the Phantom second hand though it may have some issues. Ive just ordered a new battery for it and will look forward to testing it. A Phantom 2 and a Git2 might make a good combination for aerial videography..
Last edited by dragonblade; Apr 19, 2019 at 04:36 AM.
Apr 19, 2019, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Ah thanks. What kind of output socket would I be looking for on the Git2 to connect those cables? I don't recognise the connections.

I want to add this FPV setup to my Phantom 2 along with a gimbal. I got the Phantom second hand though it may have some issues. Ive just ordered a new battery for it and will look forward to testing it. A Phantom 2 and a Git2 might make a good combination for aerial videography..
I got this cable to work with the vTx I mentioned earlier; fits straight on that video transmitter and has the right plug needed for the Git2

You only need to figure out how to power everything; cannot help you there as I don't have any experience with the Phantom2
Apr 19, 2019, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
You only need to figure out how to power everything; cannot help you there as I don't have any experience with the Phantom2
Power and also the ability to control tilt from the transmitter. FPV will come in really handy for that. I could ask on the Phantom 2 thread when Ive decided on which gimbal to get.
May 23, 2019, 12:23 AM
Would anyone know how to format a card in a Git2P? The instructions make no mention of this. I also looked on youtube for a tutorial but nothing there either. I have a card previously used in a Onepaa camera (that I believe was formatted in that camera) and am wondering if I can use that in the GitUp. Ive only got one micro sd card at the moment and I hope I can swap it between cameras for testing.
May 23, 2019, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Would anyone know how to format a card in a Git2P? The instructions make no mention of this. I also looked on youtube for a tutorial but nothing there either. I have a card previously used in a Onepaa camera (that I believe was formatted in that camera) and am wondering if I can use that in the GitUp. Ive only got one micro sd card at the moment and I hope I can swap it between cameras for testing.
There is a format option in the system settings. If you have formatted the card on onepaa, it should work on GitUp camera.
Also if you use Windows, you can use GUIFORMAT tool to format the card as FAT32 file system.
May 23, 2019, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
There is a format option in the system settings.
Ah I didn't come across that option in the camera settings. Anyhow, I managed to record some footage on this card with the Git2. Though now I have another dilemma. Ive connected the camera to two different computers but neither of them will recognise the device. It's in 'PC Camera' mode with the blue screen on the LCD screen. I'm getting some computer messages saying there's some issue with the driver.
May 23, 2019, 09:40 AM
I ended up placing the micro sd card in a card reader and this was recognised by the laptop. So I got the footage on to the computer. I must say that overall, the image quality is quite good. Sharp with good detail. Though there was something weird and off putting I noticed. I had the GitUp mounted to a quadcopter which was hovering over grass. And now and then, there was a sudden drop in sharpness and the picture went soft and mushy temporarily, then went sharp again. I was wondering if it was due to the slow 1/60th shutter speed, the bitrate or some kind of compression the camera is using. However, camera movement was minimal. The quad was mainly hovering and not doing quick, sudden movements. I was shooting at 2k, 30fps.

Edit: I can't be the bitrate. Ive just checked the bitrate of this file and it's quite high. It's almost like it's losing focus every now and then like what happens with auto focus but that can't be. Surely, it's fixed focus, right?

I also noticed a tiny white spec dancing around in the picture. I have no idea what that is.
Last edited by dragonblade; May 23, 2019 at 10:27 AM.
May 23, 2019, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Ah I didn't come across that option in the camera settings. Anyhow, I managed to record some footage on this card with the Git2. Though now I have another dilemma. Ive connected the camera to two different computers but neither of them will recognise the device. It's in 'PC Camera' mode with the blue screen on the LCD screen. I'm getting some computer messages saying there's some issue with the driver.
If it is always showing PC camera while connecting with computer, you can change the setting in the system setting, please check the "USB mode" setting.
May 23, 2019, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
If it is always showing PC camera while connecting with computer, you can change the setting in the system setting, please check the "USB mode" setting.
There seem to be two settings within the USB category. Neither of them will work when connected to the computer.

When I first plug the camera into a computer, it says 'USB' at the top of the camera screen and further down, there are two options - 'Mass Storage' and 'PC Camera.' Neither of those options work.
Last edited by dragonblade; May 23, 2019 at 10:29 PM.
May 23, 2019, 10:36 PM
Okay, I just tried again and this time, the 'Mass Storage' option worked. I don't know why it didn't work before.

By the way, does anyone have any idea why occasionally, the footage goes soft and mushy for brief periods of time? Like I mentioned before, I was just hovering with very little movement when this phenomenon occurs.

Quick Reply