May 01, 2018, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
Quote:
Hi everybody,

We are trying to use Git2 in UVC mode on a quad... Selected Git2 over other Novatek based cameras because of its light weight and Gitup firmware customization/support.

Have a question about firmware obeying setting in UVC (PC Camera) mode - it looks like neither LED light or screen off timeout do not work in this mode? I.e. we selected to have all LED lights off except for a front LED and to have screen to power off after 15 seconds, but it doesn't seem to work in this mode... Would it be possible to make these settings work in UVC mode in the next firmware release?

Also, which other settings are not being respected in UVC mode? Does Gyro setting work?

-albertr
We can support this in next version.
Can you give us any hints when this will be availbale?

-albertr
to remove ads between posts
May 02, 2018, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertr
Can you give us any hints when this will be availbale?

-albertr
This require a lot of time to update, we can implement in future firmware, can not confirm release date.
May 04, 2018, 07:27 AM

Microphone (Internal / External ) problems on Git3 - Fix?

Quote:
For with external MIC, both inside MIC and external MIC will work on G3, only external works on Git2P.
So Git2P is OK for you.
I just read about this issue.

Will this be fixed through firmware a firmaware update?

I would like to buy Git3 90 + external mic.... but...
only if the internal microphone shuts off when external mic is plugged in.
May 11, 2018, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gituphiker
I just read about this issue.

Will this be fixed through firmware a firmaware update?

I would like to buy Git3 90 + external mic.... but...
only if the internal microphone shuts off when external mic is plugged in.
Can not be fixed by firmware.
May 27, 2018, 08:44 PM
@gitup, I have received the extended cable (thank you for mailing it out!), however it looks like it was made to fit Git2P (Panasonic sensor) while I'm using the original Git2 (Sony IMX206 sensor). Do you have an extended cable for the original Git2 camera?

-albertr
May 31, 2018, 07:54 AM
Hi.

Where can I download the latest (or best) firmware for GitUP Git2P (90 FOV version)?

Is ver 1.2 (Release Date: 2017/12/29), from the official site, the latest one?

Many Thanks!
May 31, 2018, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Beta firmware with SDK updated to latest.
http://www.gitup.com/forum/index.php...2-git2p.11980/
Link is broken ("The page you are looking for was not found. Sorry for the inconvenience."): could you fix it?

Thanks
May 31, 2018, 05:20 PM
Looks like Gitup has changed the name to VIOFO???
Hopefully, he's still around and will continue to support his products.

-albertr
May 31, 2018, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abelardo
Link is broken ("The page you are looking for was not found. Sorry for the inconvenience."): could you fix it?

Thanks
http://support.gitup.com/support/sol...ers/6000225072
Jun 03, 2018, 11:54 AM
Git2P 90 degree with updated firmware.
Haveing problems with A\V out.
Used to work but now for some reason I cannot get it to display video. Is there a setting I am missing in the menu? Don't want to order a new cable if it is something simple and over looked.
Jun 03, 2018, 02:26 PM
Maybe a bug (Git2P 90 degree with updated firmware): bitrate/file dimension for "720p/30fps" setting is the same (with the old firmware, v1.0.1, bitrate/file dimension was properly half) than "1080p 4:3", both with "video bitrate: Low": to me it doesn't make sense :-(

Btw, even with "video bitrate: Low" the bitrate of all profiles is too high (much bigger than my other action cam, like Muvi fullhd and Activeon Cx).

Thanks
Jun 07, 2018, 12:58 AM
hi everyone, need help on how to mirror or show git2 to an old tv using RCA?
is this possible? Been searching few forums but I can't see any step by step details on how to do this.

I'm trying to connect git2 to an old tv with rca and point it outside the window. I'm trying to record and at the same time be able to see it in the tv while it is recording. Is this possible?

Thanks.
Jun 07, 2018, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Btw, even with "video bitrate: Low" the bitrate of all profiles is too high (much bigger than my other action cam, like Muvi fullhd and Activeon Cx).
Bitrate too high? You do realise that a higher bitrate will give you better/more detailed video?
Jun 07, 2018, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Bitrate too high? You do realise that a higher bitrate will give you better/more detailed video?
- Git2P Video Bit Rate at 1080p 30fps [Low setting]: about 22800 kbps (with "video1")
- (same "video1") My old (about 5-6 years) Veho-Muvi full hd action cam - Video Bit rate at 1080p 30fps (Medium setting): about 1750 kbps and Its video quality is strangely greater than Git2P.

Maybe Git2P uses a h264's profile too low/less complex.
Jun 07, 2018, 05:42 AM
Quote:
- Git2P Video Bit Rate at 1080p 30fps [Low setting]: about 22800 kbps (with "video1")
- (same "video1") My old (about 5-6 years) Veho-Muvi full hd action cam - Video Bit rate at 1080p 30fps (Medium setting): about 1750 kbps and Its video quality is strangely greater than Git2P.

Maybe Git2P uses a h264's profile too low/less complex.
Would be cool if you could show that in a video as those numbers just don't seem to add up correctly; that Git2P should outperform your old cam by quite a margin with that kind of difference in video bit rate.

Quick Reply