GitUp Git2 - 16MP Sony CMOS, Gyro, RC, Ext. Mic, Wi-Fi, GoPro size **Owners Thread** - Page 3 - RC Groups
Nov 20, 2015, 03:38 AM
The 'smoother' UI symbols in the menu look much better!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2015, 04:13 AM
Mtz
Mtz
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
Please do the following to upgrade the action cam

1. Download the firmware file
2. Unzip the file using available unzip programs, e.g. WinZip or 7-Zip
Great new options! We need the tool to process the RAW photos.

I am upgrading the firmware in a more simple way, no need to take out the Card:
3. Connect camera to PC in USB Storage Mode. The root of the card will be opened by Windows.
4. Copy the BIN file to the card
5. Disconnect camera from PC
6. Connect camera to PC and look at the front LED to see how is blinking for upgrade. Camera is upgrading...
7. After upgrade is finished camera will automatically restart waiting for Shutter button pressing to enter in USB Storage Mode
8. Delete the BIN file after the root of the card will be opened by Windows.

enjoy,
Mtz
Nov 20, 2015, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz
Great new options! We need the tool to process the RAW photos.
We will write a guide about how to use the RAW tool after official released the new firmware.
Nov 20, 2015, 05:33 AM
The Git2 is likewise the Git1 when it comes to build quality. It's also easy to open it for a look. I only have two observations about it. The WiFi cable is now soldered to the mainbord instead of having a connector. The LCD like on the Git1 is fixed by a ultra powerful double sided tape which make it a bit hard to remove and can also lead to being cracked by being forced excessively.

PS: don't worry the camera is doing fine.

Here's a partial teardown of the new Git2
GitUp Git2 Pro Partial Teardown Disassembly (4 min 16 sec)
Latest blog entry: JJRC Q46 Speed Runner - Review
Nov 20, 2015, 07:02 AM
Raw mode support. This is really amazing in a sport camera. Thanks for this work Gitup.

Really I'm sure, we are in front one the best cameras in the market at this moment. Keep updating and listening the people and your feedback Gitup will be impressive.

Good job guys!
Nov 20, 2015, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTronic9000
The Git2 is likewise the Git1 when it comes to build quality. It's also easy to open it for a look. I only have two observations about it. The WiFi cable is now soldered to the mainbord instead of having a connector. The LCD like on the Git1 is fixed by a ultra powerful double sided tape which make it a bit hard to remove and can also lead to being cracked by being forced excessively.

PS: don't worry the camera is doing fine.

Here's a partial teardown of the new Git2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ege-_ITXQac
legend. you just received it and dismantle it haha
Last edited by Timothy86; Nov 20, 2015 at 07:51 AM.
Nov 20, 2015, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litil
Raw mode support. This is really amazing in a sport camera. Thanks for this work Gitup.

Really I'm sure, we are in front one the best cameras in the market at this moment. Keep updating and listening the people and your feedback Gitup will be impressive.

Good job guys!
I've been waiting for some sunshine to give the raw a proper test, but I'm still waiting...

I can say that you can get some great detail out of it when you zoom in: Ghost Bike
Nov 20, 2015, 08:24 AM
End of the day, weekend is here !
Vivid mode
Nov 20, 2015, 08:28 AM
Hi TechTronic... great work with the videos. That last picture, was it taken with the camera inside the waterproof case? I ask these because of the quite visible vigneting...

Cheers,
Nov 20, 2015, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_
I've been waiting for some sunshine to give the raw a proper test, but I'm still waiting...

I can say that you can get some great detail out of it when you zoom in: Ghost Bike
The Ghost Bike is from a RAR photo? It looks good.

I just lost my bike last week, have to buy a new one.
Nov 20, 2015, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
The Ghost Bike is from a RAR photo? It looks good.

I just lost my bike last week, have to buy a new one.
Yes, it was a raw photo.

My converter software has a "bump map" effect, it is good for showing how much detail there is. Hopefully we will have some sunshine tomorrow and I can get a good colourful raw photo...
Nov 20, 2015, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelbarroso
Hi TechTronic... great work with the videos. That last picture, was it taken with the camera inside the waterproof case? I ask these because of the quite visible vigneting...

Cheers,

The picture was taken through a small office window. The black corners are the edges of the window. After i posted the picture i thoght that this question will arise
Nov 20, 2015, 11:48 AM
Got some clear sky, but the sun had already set:

So I tried out the raw photos in the dark:

Full size moon: Click

The 16MP sensor is a bit noisy for night time photography, above image with a little raw manipulation:

Last edited by Nigel_; Nov 20, 2015 at 02:33 PM.
Nov 20, 2015, 11:48 AM
Quote:
The picture was taken through a small office window. The black corners are the edges of the window. After i posted the picture i thoght that this question will arise

Good to know... I was getting worried
Nov 20, 2015, 04:58 PM
Mtz
Mtz
Quote:
End of the day, weekend is here !
Vivid mode
One Normal and one Vivid from a romanian sunset too. It is great to have 16:9 pictures!

And a short sunset video in 2K resolution:
GitUp Git2 2K resolution november sunset test (0 min 20 sec)

I really like the Quick Capture option because:
- it is turning Off the camera too
- camera is working normally if it is powered on in normal mode by long press of the Power button.

I can call this Quick Capture Mode as Paparazzi Mode. Also because long pressing on Shutter button when camera is turned off will start taking continuous photos.

enjoy,
Mtz
Last edited by Mtz; Nov 20, 2015 at 05:05 PM.

Quick Reply